Quantcast

tuesday gfmt

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Crazy fall like storm in Euro land the last two days. Thank you global warming.

Oldest son started high school today. He seemed cool about it. He did really good on his own in NYC. Builds character to not be pampered by mom and dad all the time.

I had a really good interview/conversation trying to create a job for myself yesterday at one of the largest consultancies in the world. Would be a really interesting job working with smart people across the globe. Hopefully know more tomorrow.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey-oh!! I rolled out of bed at five-ay-hem for a 7 mile run on the high school track. There were a handful of people there at that hour, which is unusual. Humid as balls.

It's been a busy as hell work day already.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

We’ll see what today brings.

Trying to organize a trip to snowshoe. My friends are being rather indecisive, just about to say eff it and drive by myself down there.
Its such a pain sometimes. To get myself and 3 friends to plan a trip out west this summer was a huge undertaking.

I basically just told them last November dudes lets do it, what the heck are we waiting for?

Oh i can't do this week, but they can't do that week etc etc. Listen pals, you have 7 months, figure it out! :rofl:

I've been trying to get them to go to Bromont for years. They all say YEAH YEAH SOUNDS GOOD. I've gone I don't know how many times - zero from them. :s

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. First day of school. 6th grade for Haley and Hannah's off to kindergarten. Hannah will be back at primrose again tomorrow, but that's it.
League is tonight for Haley, so she can get a good mental boost after the weekend. She was also added to the race weekend Instagram reel by the lead mechanic from FDM. It's a nice little boost for her outdoors, since she had a really bad weekend, that she's still getting acknowledgment by the shop.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Its such a pain sometimes. To get myself and 3 friends to plan a trip out west this summer was a huge undertaking.

I basically just told them last November dudes lets do it, what the heck are we waiting for?

Oh i can't do this week, but they can't do that week etc etc. Listen pals, you have 7 months, figure it out! :rofl:

I've been trying to get them to go to Bromont for years. They all say YEAH YEAH SOUNDS GOOD. I've gone I don't know how many times - zero from them. :s
my friends are easy

hey i got a extra ticket for you to see dinosaur jr in atlanta...are you in....

i reply....im buying beer for the night...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

I'll be honest to some degree, that used to be me. I'd WANT to commit to everything, then usually allow work or relationships to get in the way, and missed so many great trips/days I can't count. These days I'm saying yes to most of what I want, and actually "figuring it out". Highly recommended. To quote @Full Trucker quoting another friend ... "just be in the truck".

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

@Fool

:D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'll be honest to some degree, that used to be me. I'd WANT to commit to everything, then usually allow work or relationships to get in the way, and missed so many great trips/days I can't count. These days I'm saying yes to most of what I want, and actually "figuring it out". Highly recommended. To quote @Full Trucker quoting another friend ... "just be in the truck".
I’ve noticed you’re in the truck more often than you used to be. So when you coming down for Crest laps?

And for the record, I came up with the saying. It was one of if not the first big trip I did with Dr. Dave, but the quote is mine dammit. Mine!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Props, I like the way you think. :thumb:

And on the other hand, I have one friend that will sign up and say yes to anything you throw at him. But when push comes to shove, he bails every time. It sucks, his loss etc, but its kind of funny now. The guy even helped plan a weekend trip to PA a few years ago, paid for all our camping sites (didn't read the rule about only 2 tents per site....but thats another story) and then bailed. Bailed on the trip he helped plan. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello all

I enjoyed Oppenheimer

balls update from IAB is sorely missing from this thread. see what I did eh

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Weather, or "weather"?
there was a big storm that came up the east coast last night. it was done around here by ~8pm and wasn't particularly bad where I am, but I'm operating under the assumption that the inbound flight for the plane we needed here in PHL was cancelled due to the storms. i saw on the news the storm cancelled like 1700 flights.