Quantcast

the random thought thread

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
10 hours of battery is bad? I don't think it's bad because I'm never more than 10 hours away from a plug or USB port.
I get 12-13 hours on my EVO 4G with moderate web browsing and music playing........and I always have wi-fi, 4G and bluetooth on. Probably get closer to 16 if I turned all that off.

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
My ten hours is with wifi, 3g, no bluetooth, location services on, mail pushed (if that's the correct way of saying that) every 15 minutes, non-autolocking display and sporadic gaming, Netflix and fooling around. I'm completely satisfied with ten hours. I was expecting like four or five given all the talk online but I'm easily getting double of that. Obviously I wouldn't mind more battery life but, again, I'm fine with 10 hours.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have him beat.... I usually have two or trhee drops done before I leave the house in the morning..... and another two befor elunch... Depending on lunch there just might be another three or four before the day is up.....

If your going to **** more... **** like a MAN
So you have awarded yourself the prize already.... I feel like I won when I get free parking downtown... To each his own....

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
My ten hours is with wifi, 3g, no bluetooth, location services on, mail pushed (if that's the correct way of saying that) every 15 minutes, non-autolocking display and sporadic gaming, Netflix and fooling around. I'm completely satisfied with ten hours. I was expecting like four or five given all the talk online but I'm easily getting double of that. Obviously I wouldn't mind more battery life but, again, I'm fine with 10 hours.
I get almost 2 days out of my iPhone 4. With constant texting, nearly 24/7 wifi, moderate web browsing, and moderate gaming... You guys are doing something wrong...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I forgot the mail sync as well...3 email accounts syncing every 15 minutes (2 IMAP, 1 Exchange).

Either way, much like you, it doesn't really matter to me. On weekdays, my phone charges overnight, gets charged in the car an hour to work, charges at my desk at work, then gets charged on the way home and when I go to bed. It's on the weekends where I'd like to make sure I get a full day without having to worry about charging it. 10hrs is on the low (but livable) end of the scale.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Here's a random thought for ya...

People tend to use the phrase "back and forth" but technically it's incorrect. You can only go "forth and back" because you have to go somewhere first before you can go back to where you started.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Here's a random thought for ya...

People tend to use the phrase "back and forth" but technically it's incorrect. You can only go "forth and back" because you have to go somewhere first before you can go back to where you started.
Not if you're walking backwards.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
You still start and then go back to where you started no matter what... I work for a Film Editor that constantly uses the term avance and retard to say back and forth. It drives everyone crazy.
Perhaps you should put him right.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Watching "Your Highness". What an awful movie. But yikes, the damage I would do to Natalie Portman if given the chance.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
We didn't say anything when they talked to us.
Ha, they went and saw one of my references at work.... bought them lunch and everything to talk about me......... Soo much fun.... I do have one snag... I got a ticket twomonths ago, so there is a hold on my hire date as of now... been put in for further review to see if they can bypass.. if not then I get to wait a bit longer for the rest of the needed testing.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Ha, they went and saw one of my references at work.... bought them lunch and everything to talk about me......... Soo much fun.... I do have one snag... I got a ticket twomonths ago, so there is a hold on my hire date as of now... been put in for further review to see if they can bypass.. if not then I get to wait a bit longer for the rest of the needed testing.
No worries it's only a dildo collection. These days they tend to overlook those kinds of things as there are so few candidates that can pass the obvious flags...