Quantcast

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
Beside the fact that there was no use for you to double post for this, yes, the faction is and already was available in green since last year, also the Revolts are yellow not green as some found out recently after ordering a "green" revolt frame :D

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
Are we there yet, any news on delivery now?

I can't take this heat any longer, feel like a baby lobster in a pot with boiling water...

P.S. sry for the double post but last one was 4 days ago :)

chup29

Chimp
Sep 9, 2009
Ashland
this is seriously getting a little crazy, ive been waiting since december and evil has gone radio silent. im sure everyone here would be supportive even if the news was bad. im not going to cancel my order if it is, i just want to be in the loop, ive missed 6 races so far this season and its really beginning to get me down... i think i deserve more than the silent treatment for almost 3k - dont get me wrong, im evils #1 fan and i realize that they are a small company and sometimes things get backed up but if they told me that there was an issue or whatever id feel a ton better rather than getting more pissed with each passing day...

Glisseur

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Åre, Sweden
According to an e-rumour and some people I met over the weekend (sounds reliable huh) Evil has had some serious problems with the factory that produces their frames. Apparentley a huge chunk of frames didn't pass the quality control, for what reason I don't know.

Last week, on Thursday, I got an email from the Norwegian distributor and Gabe telling me that all frames where ready and would ship within 24 hours. My distributor's still waiting on a shipping confirmation from Evil though. If this is the case, then excellent news for all. But then again, I've heard so many "this week" and "next week" answers I don't know what to expect. Every time I've decided to pull the plug and order something else I've been given the answer the frame should be on it's way very soon, and so it's started all over again. I'm promised to get an answer from my distributor today what's going on, for real this time I hope.

Met Martin Söderström (slopestyle superstar, Crankworx/Rampage rider) last week in Slovenia and he'll be on a Revolt for full sus duties this season. He said as far as he knew his frame hade left Taiwan last week and was on it's way, so things look as they are moving the right way.

Even if the problem is out of Kevin and Gabe's control with the factory messing up the production, which I don't doubt at all, I still think information from them could have been a lot better. And if the problem is not with them, no worries. Just let us know when and what to expect. It's not that big of a deal after all, it's just bikes.

Ordered my frame back in November so it's been a while to say the least. I got to borrow a friend's old frame a while back so I can still ride, which is what really matters in the end. Can't wait to shred the trails on a Revolt though, so I'll keep on waiting... Still the sexiest frame out there.

Last edited:

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
It could be worse, I have had my bike for over a year now and love riding it as much as I can. I just put a 40 on the front and picked up some speed and confidence and then accepted a 6 month assignment to the Netherlands for work. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to the trip but I'm leaving behind my bike and feel like it's totally dialed now. For everyone that's about to get a new one, the wait is worth it.

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
Anyone got some frames yet? We'r reaching 2 months since the final delivery deadline was suppose to be and dunno how many weeks of radio silence also pass a week since promises of new certain delivery date and details, I'm so pissed at this point that I can barely find the drive to workout and be excited to ride... oh, and I missed another trip to Leogang and a roadtrip in the country.

And yes, some of us can't afford multiple bikes. Oh please Evil gief me my bike :(

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
Transcend wrote in the other thread: Now that there has been an official response, and the peanut gallery has calmed down, I'm going to lock this thread. I'll unlock it if any new news comes along.

Are we the peanut gallery? Why would that be? Some of us has been waiting for replacement frames for a very long time and that official answer wasn't really that helpful. We've heard it all before and what is even worse is that some shops like Steed got frames to sell before they sorted out the people waiting for warranty frames. Did you close the thread because you are friends with gabe and kevin?

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Transcend wrote in the other thread: Now that there has been an official response, and the peanut gallery has calmed down, I'm going to lock this thread. I'll unlock it if any new news comes along.

Are we the peanut gallery? Why would that be? Some of us has been waiting for replacement frames for a very long time and that official answer wasn't really that helpful. We've heard it all before and what is even worse is that some shops like Steed got frames to sell before they sorted out the people waiting for warranty frames. Did you close the thread because you are friends with gabe and kevin?
In short...YES!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Hey guys!

Work has taken me away from the internets the past 2 weeks but I'm back.

OK:

Faction Frames: "Flourescent Green"?

-This is really the "Revolt" thread, BUT since I AM getting one myself very soon - :D the answer is "yes", but only as a complete. As a frame, the Faction is available in in regular, or "Trans Am" yellow, and flat black (also a color option for completes).

New Suspension Hardware, and 2011 Frame: I will have NEW pics of the new 2011 hardware up on the main page by the end of the day. As far as pics of the new 2011 frame - I'll talk to Gabe and see what I can do. ;)

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
LoL - actually this is a good question and an interesting distinction to be made. To me, since the new pivot hardware started becoming available to mere mortals in June of this year,(Luke and Steve have been running the new stuff for a bit longer) I consider it a 2011 product... HOWEVER since the nature of its release has made it a bit of a running change, one could consider it a 2010 product as well... hmmm... I'll ask Gabe to see what his thoughts are.

Incidentally - here are the pics of the new pivot hardware for the Flip Chip pivot points and the pivot point where the mini-link/DELTA links connect. These pics will be posted to the Front Page as well (which I will be reorganizing for efficiency and appearance):

EDIT:
INSTALLATION: The new pivot hardware is installed with a Torx T-25 wrench head. Apply Blue Loctite to the threads and torque the bolts to 100 inch/lbs.(approx. 11.3 Newton-Meters). For best results - let the Loctite cure overnight. I use an adapter for my 1/4" socket set and it works like a charm. :)

Last edited:

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
Someone please update the site. I know the guys are caught up right now but please, at least the geometry of the Revolts could've been updated. Don't scare away potential customers. I think this is a must now after this nasty episode with delayed delivery of frames.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
EDIT:
INSTALLATION: The new pivot hardware is installed with a Torx T-25 wrench head. Apply Blue Loctite to the threads and torque the bolts to 100 inch/lbs.(approx. 11.3 Newton-Meters). For best results - let the Loctite cure overnight. I use an adapter for my 1/4" socket set and it works like a charm. :)
also something to make note of is that the dogbone links are suppose to "float" on the new T25 torx bolts and the bolts are not suppose to bottom out like the original hardware

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Someone please update the site. I know the guys are caught up right now but please, at least the geometry of the Revolts could've been updated. Don't scare away potential customers. I think this is a must now after this nasty episode with delayed delivery of frames.
Istratetm - Agreed! Believe me - I've spoken with the guys about this in the past, and hopefully some changes, if not an entirely new site will be up in the next few months. Product and production have been at the top of their list which has taken priority over everything else. I'll mention it to Gabe again.

Rice - Precisely! If the user follows the proper 100 in/lbs. torque values this shouldn't be an issue - but YES - DO NOT over torque the pivot bolts as this will cause premature failure of the bushings, suspension binding, and ultimately transfer loads to the frame that it was never intended to handle (possibly resulting in cracks). The pivot bolts were intended to allow for a a miniscule amount of "float" where the bolts are snug but NOT extremely tight. This permits the special IGUS style bushings to do their thing - provide silky smooth interfaces with the shoulder bolts and be relatively easy to maintain compared to a roller-bearing.

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I got mine somehow, and have since proceeded to scratch, dent, lose and re-install some hardware that led to some sweet self machining on the drive side but after some loctite were all good again. Is all I have to say is, it's certainly a fast bike and worth it if you can continue to hold out until it arrives but if you can't it would be hard for one to ignore the potential Turner, TR450, M9, 303RDH solution... Good luck.

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
Mine is ~24h away from me, its in the country, it has been picked up from the customs and on the way from my dealer to me.

Finally after an incredible delay and some stupid mishap at the airport in TW that made me miss what would have probably been a disastrous race in the mud so no biggie there :)

One day away from starting the assembly for my Evil...the tension is killing me.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...a few small tweaks to the frame... new suspension hardware at the DELTA links and mini links... colorz...

I'll ask Gabe again if it's OK to post some pics, but I get the feeling the answer will be "no" for now...

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
Not sure if I have the time for some detailed pictures tomorrow but will try and get some done and posted, if not, in a few days for sure :)

I guess there isn't any rule that can prevent me from taking/posting any pictures of my frame :D

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Nope just wasn't sure of the gusset you were talking about, I'm kinda retarded I just know it rides real nice.

sorry for the doo doo picture quality I only have my iPhone at the moment.

New dog bone thinga majig.

Bike bachelor living room.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

New dog bone thinga majig.
Yup - those are/were the new mini-links Vanderham was testing last year... and there are the new Torx shoulder-bolts with the c-clip retainers. Nice! Lookin' sharp 'Compton!

Is that a FOX or RCS Ti spring on there? (Pretty sure FOX makes there own in-house)

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan

Yup - those are/were the new mini-links Vanderham was testing last year... and there are the new Torx shoulder-bolts with the c-clip retainers. Nice! Lookin' sharp 'Compton!

Is that a FOX or RCS Ti spring on there? (Pretty sure FOX makes there own in-house)
it's actually a dsp spring. I got a 300 and a 350 for the price of one obtanium or rcs spring and they are nearly identical weight wise. Thanks for the compliments I'm loving it so far used this thread to set the shock up and it ft perfect. 2011 fox 40 or dorado on the way, haven't decided yet but I'll post pictures soon (ordering Friday).

Last edited:

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
OK, got the bike partially build due to being at work but here are some pics:
Teh box

I haf founds it, teh framez is all ours now! (yes, im in my working clothes, yes its very hot and yes I'm a chef, and yes, i'm fat :D)

Eeevuhl wrench

The new linkage

Details of the interesting stuff

A good friend of mine that helped me with the building climbed on the alpha version :)

Last edited:

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Victor,

Nice to see yours arrived!

Now, BEFORE YOU RIDE, take your linkage bolts out and put loctite on them. check them often on your first few rides as the new bushings tend to work the bolts loose until they break in. once they do, the bike is butter!

-KT