Quantcast

Tabasco sauce

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Why not a Tabasco thread? I've replaced ketchup with this stuff. The organic ketchup is good. Heinz is even waking up to the fact that not every one likes high fructose corn syrup. HFCS makes me ill, seriously. So I stay clear of it.

I tried tabasco on the spicy fries I get here at work and it's :thumb:

Works great on eggs too, but not bacon.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
HA! I was just going to post and say "Someone will say they like a different sauce better." :rofl: Monkeys are so predictable sometimes.
didnt want to dissapoint! ;)
i remembered your comment yesterday and couldnt resist.

you all suck if you think Tobasco is the best! :rant:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hot sauce elitists....

isn't there a hot sauce thread in the food forum where everybody spouts off their favorites?

I loves me some hot sauce. I try to put it on everything.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Try Cajohn's Jolokia 10 sauce.... i been rocking that since 5 months ago... is goooooodddd.. is 10 in a "hot" scale of 10 tough.. definetly hotter than tabasco, or any of the other mentioned... i buy this stuff from the firehouse pantry website... the jolokia BBQ sauce is excellent too....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
word up.

I've also had Gringo Bandito, which is really good (though a little pricey to mail order here on the east coast), and its all organic from fresh ingredients.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
My two favorite cheap hot sauces are
Louisiana Hot Sauce
Valentina Hot Sauce (for Mexican food)

Tabasco is good, but I like richer sauces that I can use more of.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Hey Knuck, get yourself over to Dr. Gonzo's Uncommon Condiments on Main St Worcester, just down from the old courthouse. Try some of their stuff and I am willing to bet you drop Tabasco like a bad habit.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
For cheap, easily available stuff I like Pico Pica.

Scorned Woman may be my overall favorite though. Use with caution.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
ususally wehave like 5 bottles or so of hot sauce on our kitchen shelf.
the list right now...
-Sriracha
-Tapatio
-Louisiana
-Pik-a-peppa
-AZ Pepper's Organic Harvest Habanero Chipolte (my fav but also the hardest to find)
-Belizean Heat

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Hot sauce is awesome. Tabasco, Cholula, Tapatio, Sriracha...all good stuff. Made two batches of my own this year too, which were pretty good.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Tabasco is probably the least used out of my hot sauce collection. I do enjoy the Tabasco Chipotle often on tacos, fajitas and some other dishes.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
The best hot spice seasoning is Tony's. Like the label says, it's great on everything!*

*Cajun fries, burgers, chicken, pizza, gumbo, rabbit, pork chops, roast, noodles, ice cream

Last edited:

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
I have always put Tabasco in my New England Clam Chowdah...Since Tabasco is usually the only hot sauce most seafood restaurants (round these parts) have on hand...

edit: and being that today is a rainy, damp, cold New England day, I think I know what I'm having for lunch!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have always put Tabasco in my New England Clam Chowdah...Since Tabasco is usually the only hot sauce most seafood restaurants (round these parts) have on hand...

edit: and being that today is a rainy, damp, cold New England day, I think I know what I'm having for lunch!
that sounds good, i'll have that.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
ususally wehave like 5 bottles or so of hot sauce on our kitchen shelf.
the list right now...
-Sriracha
-Tapatio
-Louisiana
-Pik-a-peppa
-AZ Pepper's Organic Harvest Habanero Chipolte (my fav but also the hardest to find)

Sriracha is good but I can't taste it. It just tastes like tomatoes and garlic.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
my brother shipped me a bunch of stuff he grew in his garden, including a few pounds of jalepenos and serrano peppers. It was more then I could eat or use before they went bad so I whipped up four bottles of hot sauce using them.

bunch of jalapenos
bunch of serranos
white vinegar
black pepper
bunch of garlic

simmer for 25 minutes then blend. I filter/strain it to remove the chunks then bottle it up. SOOO good tasting....
I was surprised that it wasn't very spicy but the flavor is amazing.