Quantcast

**STOLEN** Steve Peat and Sam Hill's WC Bikes

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
jon-boy said:
I drove up there today and as I was near Porteau Cove I saw a mid-90's Toyota pickup (tacoma or SR5) black going in the opposite direction with a syndicate V10 in the back. I was going the other direction so didn't get licence plate or see what the other bikes were, it could have been another syndicate rider but I still gave Whistler RCMP a call to let them know.
I understand that this might have been Jamie Goldman, but thanks for the tip!

-ska todd

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
check rotor bolts on sundays.....i'm pretty sure only team guys are running 3 bolts per wheel.... silly weight saving pros. sucks to hear about all those pro bikes getting lifted.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
O.K. - I just posted the Kathy Pruitt bike and equipment theft today.

Something really needs to be done about this. Can Transcend or Ridemonkey, or whoever is the local top-dog send a letter and links to these threads to the staff at Whistler Bike Park?

Maybe Todd and Dante could help out at the Iron horse end of things?

Or am I not understanding this situation correctly? The thefts of Peaty's Sam's and Kathy's rides were from the parking lots of private hotels located off the mountain, or on the mountain and its properties?

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
Well, I saw Sam Hill in the line up yesterday pretty much rockin another sunday (must be his back up bike).

Oh yeah, there were so many sundays on the mountain yesterday. It seems like every 5th rider that we came across was riding a sunday.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Look for the sunday with only two bolts in bar clamp on his stem... by the way that's taking weight saving to the extreme. Surely some short ti bolts would be just as light?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
jon-boy said:
Look for the sunday with only two bolts in bar clamp on his stem... by the way that's taking weight saving to the extreme. Surely some short ti bolts would be just as light?
True, but back in the day Thomson was going to do that anyway. then no one bought them, thinking they weren't strong enough..

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
jon-boy said:
if you are refering to the picture above your post, look closely...that was at the Sugar Naty, he was running 2 ti and 2 steel bolts. still some pretty interesting weight saving techniques

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
jon-boy said:
There's a picture in dirt with just two bolts..... that's a risk I wouldn't like to take.
ya but we r talking about sam hill...see sam hill thread....he's just keeping some weight on there to make the competition less pathetic, usually he uses none.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
jon-boy said:
There's a picture in dirt with just two bolts..... that's a risk I wouldn't like to take.
If they're tight I dont see a problem, and I can't see someone not checking his bike out every few runs...

Jun 22, 2007
I have a solution if any interested bike companys want to pitch in and buy me (and my bike) a ticket to whistler next year I will stay in a fenced in area w/every team trailor and gaurd all night and if they dont want to pay for my bike to get out there I will be looking for a med. bottlerocket as soon as I touch downq. I offer my services free of charge but I do accept swag of any kind. I'll chek my PM tonight for any interested company.

C-ya at whistler
Evan

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Just got a quick message, both Steve Peat and Sam Hill's WC bikes were stollen today/yesterday out of the MadCatz trailer up in Whistler.
It would seem to me with bike prices going from a minium of $1000 for a cheapy, up to $6,500, you'd think that someone would put out a water proof LOJACK type micro chip that you could hide up inside your bike frame via sticky tape that would locate your bike when stolen. They have it for pets!

Is there such a thing?

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
I have a solution if any interested bike companys want to pitch in and buy me (and my bike) a ticket to whistler next year I will stay in a fenced in area w/every team trailor and gaurd all night and if they dont want to pay for my bike to get out there I will be looking for a med. bottlerocket as soon as I touch downq. I offer my services free of charge but I do accept swag of any kind. I'll chek my PM tonight for any interested company.

C-ya at whistler
Evan
I'll help if needed. Do they allow assualt rifles in Canada?:pirate2:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
whoever stole them must be an idiot, arent pros exclusive to product that nobody else gets. those bikes are 1 of a kind:even the parts