Quantcast

**STOLEN** Steve Peat and Sam Hill's WC Bikes

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
maybe Whistler can have a program where they rent out these for the nights.

Whistler needs to get their act together. Cameras in lots, securtiy patrols are a bare minimum for an outfit the size of this place.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
kidwoo said:
You think I bring one bike and stay by myself?

Hardly. I took three last year and stayed in a two bedroom place with 4-5 people.

It's tight but getting my bike(s) stolen is not an option.

I don't like playing blame the victim but it's WHISTLER. Bikes dissappear there.
not sayin you didn't. just sayin that most people only bring 1 or maybe 2 bikes w/ them when they travel. & when the option of a "typically" secure trailer to keep your bikes in is available, would you rather carry all of your bikes around w/ you every where you go? condo's can get broken into easily too.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
atrokz said:
Whistler needs to get their act together. Cameras in lots, securtiy patrols are a bare minimum for an outfit the size of this place.
I honestly don't think summer MTBing is worth it to them in terms of $$$ to do that.

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
im going to wager a guess and say those bike show up in quebec, like mine did after it was stolen in whistler.

the thieves there arne't afriad to cut anything open. mine was stolen from a locked parking garage in locked cage locked to 7 other bikes. they also cut oopen another team trailer.

kinda hard to hide a syndicate painted v10...the iron horse on the other hand...

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
I think the brakes are the only hard item for the thieves to part out. No one is going to notice the 07 linkage in passing and bikes can always get repainted. To go on a thievery rant, two massive dualies from a Penske got stolen the other night from my summer jobs parking lot. They left it up on blocks, but were kind enough to throw the lugnuts in the corner. I imagine I could walk away from a thief with a stolen bike and a shattered skull and sleep like a baby..

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
they stole my 223, which had a custom paint job but they didn't bother to even remove so much as the e13 stickers i had stuck on the swing arm or any of the components.

i got it back essentially intact.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I didn't hear about any mob affiliation, but I have definitlely heard that stolen bikes often make their way out of the country for "resale"

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
kidwoo said:
You think I bring one bike and stay by myself?

Hardly. I took three last year and stayed in a two bedroom place with 4-5 people.

It's tight but getting my bike(s) stolen is not an option.

I don't like playing blame the victim but it's WHISTLER. Bikes dissappear there.

Somehow i don't think a lock really would matter in this case, if they cut the trailer open, I'm sure they would no problem getting the bikes unlocked.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Is there anything that cannot be stolen? If they want to they can't. Next year look out for hold ups on A-line

Then I can do the classic:

Robber: Your bike or your life
Me: Wait wait I am thinking

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
this is beyond ridiculous...so at what point does whistler decide to crack down on bike theft? r they just gonna wait till the inevitable...one of us (ie mountain bikers) staked out and beating one or more of the theives brainless? thus ending in some type of lawsuit i'm sure? they either crackdown and protect their bank accounts...keep it a desirable place to ride...or people retaliate and bad things happen. it's about time for 1 of the 2. that is of course if the village itself isn't in on it...which it very well could be.

In8Racing

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Trying to find some skillz...
If someone can saw into a trailer undetected, I guarantee I could beat their ass undetected. 2 things would have to happen for you to get sued: 1 - the perp would have to know who you are, and 2 - prove that you did it. Man, am I the only one here that's seen an episode of CSI?!? Ha!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I've heard of CSI. Some people up there really need to do a stakeout and catch these guys. Filming it would probably be best. When, they are just about to leave, kick their asses (don't film this part).

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
mtnbrider said:
I've heard of CSI. Some people up there really need to do a stakeout and catch these guys. Filming it would probably be best. When, they are just about to leave, kick their asses (don't film this part).

haha serious, especially the beat them and dont film it part. .

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
blue said:
I honestly don't think summer MTBing is worth it to them in terms of $$$ to do that.
Uhhh, last year during Crankworx they had their highest attendance of the whole year...It is worth it to them and that can be seen through the attempts the resort has made, like the the bike storage service they offer service.

Hope the bikes get returned.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
You can put your bike in that valet service over night. I'm not sure where the bike ends up but I'd hope they have some fricken good security for it.

Seems like the arse holes that did this saw the trailer being loaded with the bikes and hatch a plan to open up the trailer like a can of sardines. It's too bad as it gives Whistler and Crankworx a bad rep. Hopefully they don't hit joe public that's put their own money into their bike.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
that sucks, how is this possible, i mean do they just don't care aobut their bikes becuase they get them at low to no cost?

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
CBJ said:
I don't understand why Whistler police hasn't done sting operations. Leave some nice bikes and begin the lookout.
I'm not certain but I think thats called entrapment.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Nope.

Cops do it all the time in Vegas.

It's a persons' free will to steal a bike set up for a sting or not.

No one is coercing he/she to break the law.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
wood-dog said:
does anyone have any current pics of their bikes?

What I meant to say was.... WOW! I sure would like to see what those team bikes looked like, not only because they are/were cool, but also so I'll know them if I see either of them

rideagainst

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
CA
zmtber said:
that sucks, how is this possible, i mean do they just don't care aobut their bikes becuase they get them at low to no cost?
Kid, you obviously didn't read the thread. The thieves CUT open their securely locked trailer to steal the bikes. Personally, i'd trust a locked up team trailer more than those hotel cage-things. And i'm sure they care about their bikes even though they get them free, especially when they're thousands of miles from home racing and are possibly without spares.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
They cut the lock off the trailer or did they cut through the panneling? Either way that sucks. I know I would hate to lose my bike, and even though they are pros it's still got to feel crappy to lose your bike. I hope you find the bikes soon.

Also why was Peaty's bike in the madcatz trailer?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
If a car was stolen at Whistler they would have road blocks.

Most DH bikes cost more than some cars.

There are only two roads in and out of Whistler. Set up road checks. Hell, they could hire mountain bikers to check cars for free Whistler passes.:)

How did the theives cut into the trailer?

S.K.C. said:
Ska Todd:

Motherfu@kers!

I'm getting fed up with these a$$hole bike thieves in Whistler, considering I'll be planning a trip next year.

...tell Daddy how you want it.
Didn't get a bike stolen, but had my car broken into and stolen and then stripped. I was in college with no dough and believe me, I would have been the guy with the shotgun above if I had caught them there would be some dead motha fvckers. I can't stand thieves and get sick of them getting away with sh!t.

It sucks this happened to Sam and Peaty. The only way it could have been worse is if a privateer had their bike stolen as most wouldn't have another one next week just like it. In8racing had a good idea with the sting operation and the baseball bats.

I say cut their b@lls off:eviltongu

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
rideagainst said:
Kid, you obviously didn't read the thread. The thieves CUT open their securely locked trailer to steal the bikes. Personally, i'd trust a locked up team trailer more than those hotel cage-things. And i'm sure they care about their bikes even though they get them free, especially when they're thousands of miles from home racing and are possibly without spares.
YEAH WELL THIS MIGHT JUST BE ME, but i take my bike everywhere i go. If I eat in a restaurant i ask if i can put them by a wall where i can see it in a store same thing, or i have my buddy keep on I on it right outside. At a hotel, on a bike vaca. i pretty much sleep with the thing.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
In8Racing said:
Syndicate might not have a trailer there. Who knows...the point still remains the same. Ski masks and bats - who's with me!:devil:
i'm with ya there! i am going to get a sign for my yard that says "Theives will be shot, survivors will be shot agian." also i have a $3800 german trained attack german shepard [all black] that lives in the house :D

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
offtheedge said:
YOU are responsible for your bike.
exactly......bikes get ripped on the world cup circuit at every f'ing resort...whistler should do this, whistler should do that, whistler has a problem......if fear of getting your bike ripped while here is keeping you away, you have bigger issues to deal with......there are theives everywhere, volume of high end rigs in this town, I'm actually suprised that so few bikes get stolen.....

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
My 4x bike got stolen a couple months ago at a park, and the next day when I came back to put up flyers about my stolen bike, I noticed a kid with the same kind of bike as mine, riding on the track. And since there aren't that many blur 4x's around here. I kind of stood there baffled at how stupid this guy was, then proceeded to get park security over there. He was arrested, and my rims were pretty out of true, and he was riding my rear shock with like 50lbs of pressure in it. I was so sad, but I just wanted to get my baby home and bandage her up.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Some dam sneaky perps out there !!
They'll probably strip off the parts,& polish or anodize the frames to hide thier crime..
The mainframe is the only thing with serial numbers....I guess they illegally grind those down or something...

"Bastards"