Quantcast

Starbucks saved my friends life.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
So a fellow co-worker comes up to me and tells me a great story. I am an avid Starbucks drinker so it just takes the cool points up to the next level.

So my co-worker was just getting home from Starbucks. It was in the late evening and dark outside. As he pulls in he noticed a strange car in front of his house but didn't think much of it. So he is walking up to the front door with a Venti Chai tea and a Coffee a guy runs up behind him and puts him in a choke hold. He asks for all his money and my co-worker says he doesn't carry cash. Then the guy notices that my co-worker has a mini laptop under his arm and starts pulling on it and saying he wanted it.

While the guy is distracted trying to take the computer my co-worker pops the top off the coffee and throws it over his shoulder into the guys face. Man this was five minute old full heat liquid goodness... can you say OUCH!!

The guy then pushes my co-worker down and takes off running.
Another funny part is that my co-worker has 15 years martial arts training and when he was pushed down he rolled and in the end still had an entire Chai Tea to drink.

The cops were called but he couldn't give a very good description.

Anyway, I just thought I would share.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Believe it or not Stinkboy, it did happen just a couple days ago. The only part I find suspect was the not spilling the tea but hey if the lid held why not. You could tell he had been rattled up a bit though and couldn't sleep that night.
The man had no reason to lie and nor do I. He was proud that he kept his cool, he said that it was very weird how everything seemed to slow down a bit. The nerves didn't get to him until about 5 minutes after it happened.

Another fun fact to add is my co-worker is almost 60. Doesn't look or act it but he is.

As for your opinion on the coffee... to each his own. I personally find you rude, obnoxious, and very conceited... but I am sure there is someone out there that loves the bitter taste you leave behind ;)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So was holding a laptop under one arm, a coffee in one hand and a tea in the other, and was able to pop the lid on the coffee and throw it blindly yet accurately over one shoulder, roll out and retain the tea for later...
What did he pop the lid with? His third arm?

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
So was holding a laptop under one arm, a coffee in one hand and a tea in the other, and was able to pop the lid on the coffee and throw it blindly yet accurately over one shoulder, roll out and retain the tea for later...
The way he described it was... He had the tea in his right hand and the mini laptop in one of those zip shut sleeves under his right arm pinned against his body and he had the coffee in his left hand. The guy was on his right side behind him and was just starting to pull at the laptop. He popped the lid with his thumb, Seriously could happen I have popped those lids by just squeezing to hard. He said that he could barely see the guy when he tossed the cup but aimed as best as he could. The only reason he knew he got the guy in the face is because the guy kind of froze for a second and the grabbed his face and started screaming. Also it splashed back on my co-workers back and some got on the laptop case.
As for accuracy I figure it was more of a matter of luck.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
have the robber lay down on the ground and shoot him in the back?
You don't shoot someone in the back. You shoot them in the leg until they turn around, then you shoot them in the face.

Before anyone notices, you need to drag the body within 15 feet of your door so self defense is easier to prove.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
okay....have robber lay down on the ground and fvck him in the ass while sipping the latte, then shoot him in the back.
don't forget the nutmeg sprinkles

all we need now is a UFC reference & we can bask in awkward silence

(no eye-contact for the duration of this thread)

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Cue Seinfeld voice..."That was one magic loogie!"

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Am I the only one saddened that someone is an "avid" Starbucks drinker?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i believe the story and i'm going to purchase all those cool t-shirts.

Really though, reading this thread give all the Lounge regulars such a tone of disdain. Maybe most of us will buy into your shtick. Of course you all are so above the status quo, far be it that any of you actually have held that recycled paper cup in your mitts.

That being said never bring a latte to a gun fight.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
i believe the story and i'm going to purchase all those cool t-shirts.

Really though, reading this thread give all the Lounge regulars such a tone of disdain. Maybe most of us will buy into your shtick. Of course you all are so above the status quo, far be it that any of you actually have held that recycled paper cup in your mitts.

That being said never bring a latte to a gun fight.

You used to be fun...well, the latte quote was pretty clever, so I will give you that.
:p

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so you change the post to read an ironic & projected interpretation of what you wished i had posted, then bolded the important part, adding "fixed"

hey, that's clever!