Quantcast

Starbucks saved my friends life.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
And again you guys are cracking me up. Taste is subjective, I obviously like things you don't. So be it. But damn the hate up in here. I guess I started it with the bitter taste comment at the beginning of the thread.

And to think this all started with a little tale of a big guy warding off an attacker with a hot beverage.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And again you guys are cracking me up. Taste is subjective, I obviously like things you don't. So be it. But damn the hate up in here. I guess I started it with the bitter taste comment at the beginning of the thread.

And to think this all started with a little tale of a big guy warding off an attacker with a terrible tasting beverage.
Fixed that for ya, the mugger wasn't bothered by the temperature, he was worried some might accidentally get in his mouth :busted:

Not so much hate, just a bunch of internet ass hattery. It's all (mostly) in good fun.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD

And to think this all started with a little tale of a big guy warding off an attacker with a hot beverage.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
One Step At a Time was playing on my internet radio when I started watching that muted. Truly and odd combination. lol

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Nothing but best coffee possible....

Starbucks to begin selling instant coffee

By LAUREN SHEPHERD, AP Business Writer

Thursday, February 12, 2009

(02-12) 15:06 PST New York (AP) --

Starbucks Corp. said Thursday it will unveil a new instant coffee as part of its attempt to turn around sluggish sales and shed its reputation for pricey lattes.

The company has been working on the product for more than 20 years and has a patent pending on the technology that will allow it to "absolutely replicate the taste of Starbucks coffee in an instant form," spokesman Vivek Varma said in an e-mail to employees.

Varma said Starbucks will offer details of the new instant coffee, reportedly called Via, beginning next week. Samples will be arriving in stores on Wednesday, he said.

The company did not say when it will begin selling the coffee in its stores.

Chief Executive Howard Schultz is expected to formally announce the product on Tuesday in New York.

Starbucks has been looking to reposition itself away from its reputation as the purveyor of $4 fancy coffee drinks. It reported a big drop in U.S. same-store sales — or sales at stores open at least a year — in its fiscal first quarter at the end of January.

Earlier this week, Starbucks said it will begin offering value meal-like "breakfast pairings" for $3.95 to appeal to cost-conscious customers.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
iirc, 'via' means 'road' or 'path' in latin.

so at least there's truth in advertising when it comes to taste