Quantcast

Starbucks saved my friends life.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Even if this is true, Starbucks didn't save his life. If anything, throwing hot coffee on the guy put him in greater danger.

Just sayin'.
I wondered when someone would come at it like that... Ok Starbucks helped keep my co-worker from getting mugged.

Sound better.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
For the record I don't go to Starbucks often, I used to when I worked three jobs but that was more for survival lol. But I do buy their beans and brew myself at home.
I tried Duncan Doughnut and it tasted like Folgers to me. I'm not sure what the hoopla is all about and they aren't that cheap either.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
1000 pages of this thread should be printed as leaflets & scattered over gaza

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I wondered when someone would come at it like that... Ok Starbucks helped keep my co-worker from getting mugged.

Sound better.
No, not really. Starbucks sold your buddy a beverage or two, that's it. Your buddy decided to escalate the situation and is lucky he didn't get hurt or killed. Unless you think a laptop is worth dying over, sounds pretty foolish to me.

But whatever, I'm a grumpy bastard today.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
No, not really. Starbucks sold your buddy a beverage or two, that's it. Your buddy decided to escalate the situation and is lucky he didn't get hurt or killed. Unless you think a laptop is worth dying over, sounds pretty foolish to me.
I bet it was a MAC! Since it was Starbucks, it only makes sense it was a MAC! In which case, a MAC is totally worth dying for, man! YEA!

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007

But whatever, I'm a grumpy bastard today.
For gods sakes it was a thread title punch line. At no point in the encounter did he even get told that he was going to be killed or even hurt for that matter.
There was an implied level of danger just due to the situation and some might think it was good of him to defend himself and others may not. In the end he did and it worked out for the best... so far.
I hope the guys don't come back to his house for a bit of revenge, to be honest.
I just thought it was a cool story that I would share to help others pass the day.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I'm sorry you think burnt coffee is cool. Have you ever had properly roasted coffee?
Starbucks is a mulit-million dollar corporation that has a great and proven business model. Regardless of the number of haters out there, there seem to be an awful lot of lovers out there.

I haven't properly roasted coffee and in this case I will claim the ignorance is bliss stance. I love the coffee as does millions of others, if you don't... well honestly I don't give a sh1t.

It wasn't a MAC it was a one of the new mini laptops by ACER. He goes to Starbucks for tea and internet. Nice little computer actually, he tethers it to his Nikon D50 for photography at charity events.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Starbucks is a mulit-million dollar corporation that has a great and proven business model. Regardless of the number of haters out there, there seem to be an awful lot of lovers out there.

I haven't properly roasted coffee and in this case I will claim the ignorance is bliss stance. I love the coffee as does millions of others, if you don't... well honestly I don't give a sh1t.

Using that logic, mcdonalds makes great burgers. :disgust1:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Also, not all Starbucks stuff is bad. It's only their regular brewed coffee that sucks. Their espresso drinks (lattes, cappucino's, etc) are pretty good. Not great, but better quality than their coffee. All of their items are still overpriced.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
starbux is intended for the unwashed masses.

like me.

but i've outfoxed them: i only expense it, or use giftcards, and i never tip. take THAT howard schultz!

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I much prefer Burger King but if in a pinch McDonalds is ok. I really don't drink Starbucks regular brewed coffee, I am a Venti White Chocolate with 4 shots of espresso kind of guy. I do brew my own at home though.

And no Good business model != Good coffee more like Good business model ! = Initial customer contact = Good coffee = Repeat customer = A heck of a lot richer than us sorry sob's

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

It wasn't a MAC it was a one of the new mini laptops by ACER. He goes to Starbucks for tea and internet. Nice little computer actually, he tethers it to his Nikon D50 for photography at charity events.
Starbucks coffee is beyond over-roasted, it's downright burnt. Then they do the same in the percolator. MMM twice burned.

Go drink some good coffee and get back to us. Starbucks sucks. They are indeed a sucessful business, no one can deny they they jumped on the hipster bandwagon in the early 90s.

Their sales are in decline (as of 2007), as people have realized their product is overpriced crap, and the local guys can do it much, much better and much cheaper.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I much prefer Burger King but if in a pinch McDonalds is ok. I really don't drink Starbucks regular brewed coffee, I am a Venti White Chocolate with 4 shots of espresso kind of guy. I do brew my own at home though.

And no Good business model != Good coffee more like Good business model ! = Initial customer contact = Good coffee = Repeat customer = A heck of a lot richer than us sorry sob's
That equation doesn't even make sense. You failed algebra didn't you?

Good business model does not equal good coffee, good business model does not equal initial customer contact equals good coffee equals good coffee.

I couldn't even come up with that if I was high. Not only that, your logic is flawed. Their coffee is terrible, so they would have no repeat customers. The only reason they did such good busines is because they created a great brand image (at least for the 90') and were in a LOT of locations.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Also, not all Starbucks stuff is bad. It's only their regular brewed coffee that sucks. Their espresso drinks (lattes, cappucino's, etc) are pretty good. Not great, but better quality than their coffee. All of their items are still overpriced.
Their espresso sucks a$$. Espresso "drinks" don't rely on decent espresso, as they are 99% milk and sugar and other $hit.