Quantcast

Sonntag GMT---------8<-------------[ cut here ]---

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I would rather die a hoarders death at the bottom of an avalanche of my own useless shit, than ever get back on Facebook.
My feed is quite sane. Except for my dad :D
I hated doing it, but had a bunch of ski stuff and tools to sell. All gone with minimal effort in 2 weeks.

On that thread, meeting someone of Craigslist to sell the Yeti. Couple hundred bucks less than I wanted, but it's gone and I'm no longer floating the kart with emergency fund money. I have to check the math, but it should be almost 1-1 for my karting costs to get Haley racing.

The Xmas list for Haley is getting a few hail Mary items, just to see if we can get a grandparent to buy them. A new race suit, newer GoPro, and race gloves for the summer, since she'll outgrow her's soon.
I’m glad Haley has something that she likes, but I really don’t understand how you’re so willing to just throw away your own hobbies to facilitate hers.

/me shall head to Costco via car then REI via bike in a bit

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
felt sick this morning, did some yard work, took a nap and felt better. Then I did some hours of painting in the basement still at primer stage. Will take some time to completion.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I suppose. The passion has been gone for a bit- if I get the opportunity to ride all day, I want to do a monster mtb or road ride over DH. I don’t want to shell out for new gloves or knee pads but I’ll buy new matchy matchy kit any time I see something fun.
Besides, my kind of dh is the sugarbush race run rather than back to back cats paw runs
fair enough. I honestly have gotten a little bored with the trail riding around here. it's all mediocre at best. I definitely got excited again about dh again this year, and have been trying to improve my jumping (which is also mediocre at best).

i also got motivated to do more road riding again.

at this age I'm just glad to have the motivation for it, considering how long I've been riding.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Whatcha eyeballing?
She's thrown a leg over a Pivot, an Ibis, and a Revel so far. Shop should be getting a Yeti or two in her size this week, she's keen to try those out as well. We haven't been to the shop that sells Santa Cruz, Specialized, and Transition yet.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
She's thrown a leg over a Pivot, an Ibis, and a Revel so far. Shop should be getting a Yeti or two in her size this week, she's keen to try those out as well. We haven't been to the shop that sells Santa Cruz, Specialized, and Transition yet.
Ok brands. But what kinda bike?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
fair enough. I honestly have gotten a little bored with the trail riding around here. it's all mediocre at best. I definitely got excited again about dh again this year, and have been trying to improve my jumping (which is also mediocre at best).

i also got motivated to do more road riding again.

at this age I'm just glad to have the motivation for it, considering how long I've been riding.
I had 6 miles on the fury, and 1400 on my 3t. Still something like 200 on the BMC. #sad. If my kids were into it, I probably would have held into it, but they don’t love bikes the way I do

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I’m glad Haley has something that she likes, but I really don’t understand how you’re so willing to just throw away your own hobbies to facilitate hers.
Got a kid with a sport? Especially a kid who is competitive in their sport?

Competitive cheer - $2000-3000/yr

Competitive dance - $1500-$10,000/yr

Competitive soccer - $2000-$5000/yr

We should be $5000-7000/yr (assuming we spend $3500 on a kart that year). We have a lot of front load costs (tools, trailer, etc), but those are one-time costs. We're lucky that I have a huge tool kit already, so I'm largely only buying karting specific tools.

If we do end up buying an enclosed trailer, I'm going to make a point of getting one large enough that we can build bunk beds in the front, so that we can sleep in it on the road. That expense will pay for itself almost immediately with saved hotel fees.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Biciclettas ridden.

31 miles, 4500ft verts. And was pleased to PR the Falcon climb. The rocky sections toward the top have got a very defined line through them all now compared to how they used to be.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So the original plan was to use 12 different graphics for the last run of 30 boards. The seller sent me the graphics and at first, I was like "sure". Then I started to actually look at them and said "Can we pull the one with the pot leaf on it?" They didn't know what I was talking about, so I said "this one". :rofl:

It's a board for kids, leave the Mary Jane for me, thanks.

Alibaba430071669~2.png

I do love the "display skateboard" logos, pretty epic imo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

We should be $5000-7000/yr (assuming we spend $3500 on a kart that year). We have a lot of front load costs (tools, trailer, etc), but those are one-time costs. We're lucky that I have a huge tool kit already, so I'm largely only buying karting specific tools.

If we do end up buying an enclosed trailer, I'm going to make a point of getting one large enough that we can build bunk beds in the front, so that we can sleep in it on the road. That expense will pay for itself almost immediately with saved hotel fees.
pretty sure gff is selling his coach

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Saw that the other day and wondered how exactly does it work when you and your dad have such differing views.
We like to argue. And I tell him when his views are stupid. He can take it.

On a more practical level we didn’t see them much the past few years (although they did come to a concert or two). Now at this point I’ve finally convinced my wife that they’ve had COVID and thus their risk of getting sick via our kids is not greater than that for anyone else.

So we have a normal for pre-COVID times thanksgiving (at my sister’s down in Highlands Ranch) and post thanksgiving week (at mountain house with us then hanging around until my concert the following weekend) planned.

We should be $5000-7000/yr
That’s the thing. You/they don’t need to do those things. You’re putting yourself in a rat race entirely of your own volition.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Us too. NY Strip steaks, marinated in tomatillo salsa, worcestershire, cumin, garlic, some chile seasoning, ground black pepper, habañero salsa, and a little olive oil.
Cilantro, hothouse tomatoes, chopped white onion, limes, and more habañero salsa.
Choice of flour or corn tortillas, freshly griddled.
fancy. just tacos gringos here. but I did cook them in the LC.