Quantcast

Sonntag GMT---------8<-------------[ cut here ]---

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Having a good run at Marketplace. Stuff is out the door. Decluttering is fun.

Office stuff this morning. Hopefully the rain will stop so I can go into the woods and kill my legs and back on the singlespeed.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Having a good run at Marketplace. Stuff is out the door. Decluttering is fun.

Office stuff this morning. Hopefully the rain will stop so I can go into the woods and kill my legs and back on the singlespeed.
I am starting to gather a large lot of stuff to sell there too. I loath signing back into Facebook though.

It snowed here, pretty much just white rain. Made a muddy mess.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
“Is this still available” x 300
Actually, yeah, you get the impulsive "is this still available" and no more communication. But it takes 1 sec to robot answer so it's no big deal. Stuff moves fast, but we are selling at discount prices, so it helps. We are trying to unload our as new Sony A6000, that has proven an ordeal.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
eggs, bacon, hash browns and espresso consumed in the camper. Competition starts at 07:30 so I have 30 minutes to get my shit together and stroll over there. It's 40^ with 80% humidity outside I'd rather hang out in the nice warm camper that go to work, sigh

gonefirefightin

free wieners
So how does that work as far as getting paid ? And does it cost anything ?
Actually, yeah, you get the impulsive "is this still available" and no more communication. But it takes 1 sec to robot answer so it's no big deal. Stuff moves fast, but we are selling at discount prices, so it helps. We are trying to unload our as new Sony A6000, that has proven an ordeal.
Hard bodies to move with so many newer models out there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cash in hand. It's just a buy and sell board that reaches all FB accounts. So it's quick and easy as long as you're clear on your add.
you can also do paypal and ship stuff. we just sold a bunch of Patagonia stuff that doesn't fit my wife anymore that way.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Girlfriend has an infection of some sort in both eyes, no good.

Homemade pizza night has been postponed to tonight.

Hoping to squeeze in a ride today. Will definitely need to use some wool socks. Shorts are still a go.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
you can also do paypal and ship stuff. we just sold a bunch of Patagonia stuff that doesn't fit my wife anymore that way.
Up here in Canaderp we have an even better way of paying/collecting, than PayPal. We have a bank run service called Interac Etransfer - transfers cash pretty quickly directly from one bank account to another. And you avoid any chances of the buyer opening some bogus dispute on PayPal.

:)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Not doing any sort of shipping or electronic payments. Got my accounts frozen for a week because of a fraud. Never again.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Up here in Canaderp we have an even better way of paying/collecting, than PayPal. We have a bank run service called Interac Etransfer - transfers cash pretty quickly directly from one bank account to another. And you avoid any chances of the buyer opening some bogus dispute on PayPal.

:)
got my accounts frozen because the payment came from a stolen account info. All my money was a no-go, even business account. Now it's dollar bill or GTFO!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

All these toys and my daughter spends hours playing with the dog food. :rofl:

Kinda nasty out, so I'll hang a freshly painted door and do a little more work around the house. Gotta keep things moving in the right direction.

Contemplating getting stuff to wire up a generator hookup, as our power company sent out a notice telling everyone to expect brownouts this winter.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
got my accounts frozen because the payment came from a stolen account info. All my money was a no-go, even business account. Now it's dollar bill or GTFO!
Damn that sucks. You'd think they'd have a smart enough system to just freeze the amount that came from the fraudulent person.

Just curious, did they person pay and then contact their bank about fraudulent activity? I don't see any other way how that'd happen, unless their account was compromised.

Damn man, it never seems to end for you two. Are you sure your house isn't on an old native burial ground? Have you crossed any witches lately? At any rate, all the best.
I said hello to a black cat a few weeks ago.

I'm holding out for the option that we get all this crap out of the way and then next year will be amazeballs, with a winning lottery ticket. Yeah right. :rofl:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Damn that sucks. You'd think they'd have a smart enough system to just freeze the amount that came from the fraudulent person.

Just curious, did they person pay and then contact their bank about fraudulent activity? I don't see any other way how that'd happen, unless their account was compromised.
Didn't made sense to me either. It was basically someone interac(ting) the money from someone else (unlocked) phone. He picked up the item ($30 tv rack) and left. The lady who paid for it without knowing made the complaint. How come they froze all my money, not a clue!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
F*ck, 45 degree chinook winds all night and continuing into today. The trail we snowshoed yesterday will not have frozen due to the wind and everything is going to be wet mushy crap. Horrid.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I am starting to gather a large lot of stuff to sell there too. I loath signing back into Facebook though.

It snowed here, pretty much just white rain. Made a muddy mess.
I hated doing it, but had a bunch of ski stuff and tools to sell. All gone with minimal effort in 2 weeks.

On that thread, meeting someone of Craigslist to sell the Yeti. Couple hundred bucks less than I wanted, but it's gone and I'm no longer floating the kart with emergency fund money. I have to check the math, but it should be almost 1-1 for my karting costs to get Haley racing.

The Xmas list for Haley is getting a few hail Mary items, just to see if we can get a grandparent to buy them. A new race suit, newer GoPro, and race gloves for the summer, since she'll outgrow her's soon.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Spent the night sanding wood. Not as satisfying as other ways of handling wood. Need to go back and finish sanding and start staining. Golden Oak it is. We will have a built-in corner book case soon.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Didn't made sense to me either. It was basically someone interac(ting) the money from someone else (unlocked) phone. He picked up the item ($30 tv rack) and left. The lady who paid for it without knowing made the complaint. How come they froze all my money, not a clue!
Well that sucks for you! And I guess a lesson learned for the person who left a phone unlocked and some easy way to use their bank?

Also seems like a lot of work for some rando to go through to buy a $30 item. :confused:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
end of an era.

in other news... rumors of DH racing returning to Mt snow next year.
I suppose. The passion has been gone for a bit- if I get the opportunity to ride all day, I want to do a monster mtb or road ride over DH. I don’t want to shell out for new gloves or knee pads but I’ll buy new matchy matchy kit any time I see something fun.
Besides, my kind of dh is the sugarbush race run rather than back to back cats paw runs