Quantcast

So Monkies, tell me about CO...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
me.
and the ocean's pretty cool too.
can't see myself living w/o access to either of those.

Thats funny, as those are two things I really do miss not having here.

I used to live walking distance from live music 6 nights a week and I realistically saw 2-3 bands per week. Lake Michigan was a short drive away and is as close to an ocean as I needed. Better if you prefer 'fresh' water.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I only hope he sees this.
I love you guys too :thumb:

In other news, Brendan and Glenn came out for 3 days.

Tim, Southwest has some real cheap flights out here (skis fly free) and you've got an open invitation to come out and crash on my couch for a few days to check the place out if you want. I can watch you crawl to the edge of a cornice and then slide down on your ass crying too. It'll be fun.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
You may want to post on MTBR/FrontRange forum. A lot more people w/ experience moving to CO can help you with actual stories, not just stereotypical fairytales. That being said, stereotypes do start for a reason :D

My 2 cents: coming from the east coast you'll probably like Boulder. It is crowded and expensive, but a very "hip", too. Hip for CO, at least. We are in the middle of the country and at 5,280'. So if you love the beach and hate dry skin, plan on a yearly trip back to the beach (minimum) and buy lots of lotion. I think our geographic location tends to isolate us from the new, "hip" or fadish things that hit the coasts first. That can be a blessing, too as our home prices and job market didn't dive as much as the coasts (I think).

I have lived in CO most of my life. I only left for school and I came back. My family is from here. Most folks who move to this state move back to where their families are. I think its just human nature. So like others have stated, if you get the chance, do it. You can always move back home. CO is a huge melting pot of other people doing exactly what you're doing. So don't just assume the slow guy in the left lane is a CO native. He's prolly from TX :rofl:

But while you're here try to make a difference and improve things. Just don't shove the "this is the way we did it therefore it is way better" mantra down our throats. That won't make you any friends. :thumb:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
hey poland, what portion of the medical industry?
It'd be a precision manufacturing company. Had a second phone interview tonight and will be speaking with my potential manager tomorrow evening on the phone. From the sounds of it I'll be flying out there in the near future to see what the deal is. :D

Adam, while your offer sounds oh so very tempting, the only skiing I do is XC, and as Joe can attest, I am beyond miserable. Death would ensue. Though I appreciate the offer, where are you these days?

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
It'd be a precision manufacturing company. Had a second phone interview tonight and will be speaking with my potential manager tomorrow evening on the phone. From the sounds of it I'll be flying out there in the near future to see what the deal is. :D

Adam, while your offer sounds oh so very tempting, the only skiing I do is XC, and as Joe can attest, I am beyond miserable. Death would ensue. Though I appreciate the offer, where are you these days?
I'm in downtown Denver. Let me know when you're coming out and we can meet up for a tour and a beer or six.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
...and a beer or six.
Ah beer... one thing this thread seems not to have mentioned (yet). While CO may be low in coastal attitude, a thriving music scene, fashion, and other big city comforts/traps... we do gots beer. Maybe not quite as much as the PNW, but enough to keep most swillers happy. Especially if yins like the IPAs.

Oh yeah, and we do have pretty decent mtb trails, killer fly fishing from what I've heard, plenty of sh!tty drivers, variable weather, really light snow, heaps of camping/backpacking/hiking, even moar heaps of tourons, legal pot, and SkaredShtles.

It all evens out.