Quantcast

So Monkies, tell me about CO...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Colorado is cool, especially when you get out of the front range. For me I could work in Boulder if I lived in Longmont. Fort Collins would be better yet even but not to work in Boulder. Salida or Durango or GJ/Fruita or anywhere in SW Colorado takes the cake though, for me. If I could swing it, I would already be down there.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just because you spent some time in WA does not make you any less of a Californicator. :D
Just because I spent time in California doesn't make me any less of a person. I wasn't born there you know. :(
:D

Here is a tip just in case you do move here, the state requires all raging douchebags to have one of these on their car:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Colorado is a great place to visit, but I won't live there again. I moved from Missouri to Colorado and then from Colorado to New Hampshire. I like New Hampshire a helluva lot more.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I moved here from Chicago about a year ago and couldn't be happier.

I can't speak to the Boulder area but I can say that Denver as a city is not a reason to come to CO. I live as close to the mountains as you can get without being "in" the mountains. Rentals are totally reasonable along the foothills, I can ride from home, walk or short drive to eat/drink, and its sunny just about every day.

What there is NOT is an abundance of good food. But I supposed I've been spoiled.

So what's the job opportunity?
The job opportunity would be switching industries actually. It would be a change from aerospace to medical, design engineer to a quality engineer. It is an opportunity that is quite exciting as it aligns with my interests more than my current position.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
That's only in Boulder - further south, say Colorado Springs, you're more likely to get a Bible and a hand gun.
Can you exchange the Bible for the weed? That would seal the deal for me... Do you get shells with the gun? If its a nicer Bible I could Pawn it. Not to be a bother but what kind of gun is it?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Can you exchange the Bible for the weed? That would seal the deal for me... Do you get shells with the gun? If its a nicer Bible I could Pawn it. Not to be a bother but what kind of gun is it?
You can actually combine all of those here in the springs now. Were well on our way twoards moving into the 19th century now.

tomacdaddy

Monkey
Feb 2, 2005
Minturn, CO
The job opportunity would be switching industries actually. It would be a change from aerospace to medical, design engineer to a quality engineer. It is an opportunity that is quite exciting as it aligns with my interests more than my current position.
Covidien??

Come. You wont regret it. Slow layed back pace, so that will be quite a bit different.

Dont be a ma$$hole though, please.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
bands!

Vertical Slit/V-3
Gaunt
New Bomb Turks
Scrawl
Great Plains/Thomas Jefferson Slave Apartments

the only decent band i can think of from the entire state of Colorado is The Fluid.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Covidien??

Come. You wont regret it. Slow layed back pace, so that will be quite a bit different.

Dont be a ma$$hole though, please.
My roommate who moved to CO a year ago this month said the same thing......especially when it comes to work pace/ethic. Honestly I don't think I could deal with that myself without going insane.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We're big on "medical" marijuana, guns and trucks.
My friends want me to open a coal fired pizza joint. In Helena. My Dad is elderly and I would have to leave him behind. I just can't pull the trigger. I may just build the oven and start the operation and come home. Like I said. I have no balls.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Helena's for poofters, not much different from any other college town. Butte my be the states asshole but at there's only one.

My friends want me to open a coal fired pizza joint. In Helena. My Dad is elderly and I would have to leave him behind. I just can't pull the trigger. I may just build the oven and start the operation and come home. Like I said. I have no balls.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Helena's for poofters, not much different from any other college town. Butte my be the states asshole but at there's only one.
You are not the first person to say this to me. I like Butte myself as I may have stated previously. But Helena seemed kind of quaint and friendly, kind of like Ithaca NY without the cornell new yorkers... I got peeps there so.... Honestly I can make a better pizza/bread with a Gas fired brick oven, then a coal fired blast furnace anyday.