Quantcast

sethimus's bike critique thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
over/under on the fender whiskers winning?

I sure hope you don't order medical equipment using the same highly discerning standards
I have no idea how the hospital decides to go with a particular vendor. we put in what we'd like. and sometimes we get it, and sometimes they go with a different brand. at least they're all normal brands, though: Siemens, Philips, GE are the big players for CT and MR.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have no idea how the hospital decides to go with a particular vendor. we put in what we'd like. and sometimes we get it, and sometimes they go with a different brand. at least they're all normal brands, though: Siemens, Philips, GE are the big players for CT and MR.
I don't know if this says anything but I know of several medical companies where only sales reps are regularly drug tested.

A dude I used to ride with on occasion got busted hiring prostitutes for his doctor clients at a conference in Florida.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't know if this says anything but I know of several medical companies where only sales reps are regularly drug tested.
That's most likely part of the credentialing process that sales reps need to access certain parts of hospitals and medical facilities.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I ordered some of those mini bolt cutters. found a set on Amazon for $10.99, probably all made in Chinese factories in a 5 block radius specializing in such types of tools
I have bypass type cutters, they work pretty well and if you do cut something beyond their capability you can file the jaws.
I think they are made in Japan.

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004

A dude I used to ride with on occasion got busted hiring prostitutes for his doctor clients at a conference in Florida.
What did they expect the poor guy to do? I mean, they aren't even allowed to buy them lunch any longer!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I love my Dremel for stuff like that.
I'd love it if they made a trade quality tool for more monies. I'm two for two on broken ones and the one at work is useless because of Chuck run out.
Dremels are junk, they use crude speed controls so they get stupidly hot running at lower speeds(on 240V), then they overheat at higher speeds because the cooling system isn't up to the job, turd sandwiches.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I have bypass type cutters, they work pretty well and if you do cut something beyond their capability you can file the jaws.
I think they are made in Japan.
If you're talking Marvels those things are the best. Their MVA200 bypass plier is my go to for when I have to do power work. I never loved Channellock and Crescent offerings. Knipex makes really good stuff for fine work but haven't tried their heavier duty stuff except one set of boltcutters and I broke the cutting edge on a brand new set of those first use.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I'd love it if they made a trade quality tool for more monies. I'm two for two on broken ones and the one at work is useless because of Chuck run out.
Dremels are junk, they use crude speed controls so they get stupidly hot running at lower speeds(on 240V), then they overheat at higher speeds because the cooling system isn't up to the job, turd sandwiches.
lots of bigger badder rotary tools out there
As a home user, no worries. Professional/heavy use, for sure they are junk.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
If you're talking Marvels those things are the best. Their MVA200 bypass plier is my go to for when I have to do power work. I never loved Channellock and Crescent offerings. Knipex makes really good stuff for fine work but haven't tried their heavier duty stuff except one set of boltcutters and I broke the cutting edge on a brand new set of those first use.
Nah, these ones, not really made for what I do with them but they seem okay with it.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Yeah but I want a small well made one.
I have this but but it only does 22000RPM, it is nice and smooth but the collet lock is sorta where you want to rest your fingers at times.
Check out Suhner tools. The Milwaukee m12 right angle die grinder is also pretty nice.

https://shop.suhner-abrasive.com/shop/en/s/flexible-shaft/flexible-shaft/

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Check out Suhner tools. The Milwaukee m12 right angle die grinder is also pretty nice.

https://shop.suhner-abrasive.com/shop/en/s/flexible-shaft/flexible-shaft/
Yeah I have the odd look for used stuff, it's brutally expensive here.
I was going to get a metabo trimmer and the flex attachment but the outer of the attachment doesn't connect to the body of the trimmer so you have to hold it tighter to stop it all rotating, crazy for how much it costs.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Yeah I have the odd look for used stuff, it's brutally expensive here.
I was going to get a metabo trimmer and the flex attachment but the outer of the attachment doesn't connect to the body of the trimmer so you have to hold it tighter to stop it all rotating, crazy for how much it costs.
Yeah, I got a used one on Ricardo.ch. Sometimes they will ship internationally.