Quantcast

Rm Interbike Coverage - REQUESTS HERE

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm just tired of seeing all these crazy gearbox bikes that everyone is like "oh just a year or 2 from production". Ya...we've been hearing that for like 5-6 years and have gotten basically nothing. IT's about the only product category that has had such spectacular hype, but has failed so miserably to deliver.
If you're tired of seeing it, then don't look.

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
GT Fury, Turner DHR with their date launch...both presented in 2009, but both not yet avaiable...when can we put our hands on them?
Yeti: protos of the new 303DH?

GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS !!!!

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I'd like to see some carbon DH bars. Also, Renthal if they are coming to the US.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I'll be at there Tue & Wed. Stop by the Elka booth and check out the new Karpiel Disco with the Elka stage 5. I was hoping to have a complete bike ready for the Dirt Demo, but it didn't happen :(.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
GT Fury, Turner DHR with their date launch...both presented in 2009, but both not yet avaiable...when can we put our hands on them?
looks like the DW DHR may be a while, from MTBR:
"Well I am sorry to announce that the dw-link on Lars's PROTO DHR has started to wallow out the holes, not enough to side line the bike before the last World Cup in Austria this weekend, but it did NOT make it thru a season with no issues as I posted earlier."

link

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
A shame he will not be able to capitalize on the success of the Sunday so much especially now that there are so many other good offerings.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
"Well I am sorry to announce that the dw-link on Lars's PROTO DHR has started to wallow out the holes, not enough to side line the bike before the last World Cup in Austria this weekend, but it did NOT make it thru a season with no issues as I posted earlier."

link
too bad, but if the product isnt right, than it would be insane to release it early.
its not often you here a company owner saying they made a mistake

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

link
too bad, but if the product isnt right, than it would be insane to release it early.
its not often you here a company owner saying they made a mistake
Nope. And that kind of honesty right there makes me wanna buy a turner.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
^^ I like the "Trek DH bike - I think it's called the Scratch" pic. I think Photo John spends too much time with the 29er crowd.

Stik, are you going to be there taking any pics?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Please take pics of all the latest street/dirt/am hardtails. Specifically the ones that have bold new graphics, have huge/ugly/poorly ID'd adjustable dropouts, cost >$600, but for some reason will get everyone all wet.

Also, instead of pics of girls, why not take pics of people wearing knee high black socks with shorts, hoodies, and oversized flat brimmed hats. Bonus points if they have Rivers Cuomo thick black rimmed glasses.

Ah F-it. Take some pics of the talent.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
^^ I like the "Trek DH bike - I think it's called the Scratch" pic. I think Photo John spends too much time with the 29er crowd.

Stik, are you going to be there taking any pics?
Ya, that caption was funny.

I will be there, but not taking any product pics.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'd like to see every picture possible of huge sunglasses, particularly if they're rose colored...oh wait, PB has me covered.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Thread needs more Pics, so here is the 29er DH bike. Think someone started a thread a while back about this. Don't see the wheels holding up to long on real DH courses..... Now on another note the fork is sick!!!!!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
is this a discussion thread or request thread?

Anyways...neat looking bike, too bad it's lenz though...Those chainstay pivots look tiny (so does the yoke) and everything I've read from BCD's experiments were that you need to drop the bars as much as possible to stick with what a normal cockpit feels like...those riser bars are not encouraging for a well thought out design if he's true. Then again, BCD was a nutsack so who knows.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
is this a discussion thread or request thread?

Anyways...neat looking bike, too bad it's lenz though...Those chainstay pivots look tiny (so does the yoke) and everything I've read from BCD's experiments were that you need to drop the bars as much as possible to stick with what a normal cockpit feels like...those riser bars are not encouraging for a well thought out design if he's true. Then again, BCD was a nutsack so who knows.
You could mate a set of the new wide flat bars to the new Thomson direct mount stem which has a slight drop. It wouldn't get you back down an 1 1/2" though.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
i would like an online scratch n sniff version of all the babes, you know, for a fully interactive experience

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
the canfield stem would work well on that 29er DH bike, with some low rize bars like sunlines, or some flats like chromags. You could get the front end pretty low with that setup.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My point wasn't that you couldn't get the front end low...it's that they DIDN'T. For something well thought out, I'd expect it to be put together with more though...catch my drift?

tl;dr it's half-baked.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I will have a Lenz next year for Diablo and will see how it works out. I ride 29ers for everything else so why not try it for DH.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Interbike coverage starts tomorrow afternoon. Check out the new NEWS forum for all of the coverage in the forums.
You're a busy man. Schladming in the weekend and now straight to Vegas. Kudos for your work ;)

I've also reminded what I wanted to see after last year euro/interbike - new brake designs. Preferably with some info about them.