Quantcast

Redbull Hardline

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Anyone know what score with ADHD meds in UCI competition is?
Not sure I understand your question but according to this https://econtent.hogrefe.com/doi/10.1024/2674-0052/a000028 only 0.79% of the whole UCI athletes have Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) for something. If if all these TUE would be for ADHD that would still be a lot less than the 8-ish % of the population with ADHD... Nevertheless not all cases of ADHD are diagnosed and even less are treated with drugs depending on which country you live in. The chart below shows the daily dose of ADHD drugs per inhabitants as a function of the BNP per inhabitants. It's in Swedish but you can see that USA, Canada and Sweden top the chart for how much drugs get prescribed for ADHD, while France, Germany, Irland and Great Britain are at the bottom
Webb_FiF_adhd-03-1700146103271.png

Statically Ronan Dunne is also unlikely to be treated for ADHD with amfetamins :nerd:

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
wish I would've dealt with my ADHD a lot sooner than my mid-40's. Lots of reasons I didn't, but has been an absolute life changer over the past year. Side benefit (beyond making life just way more manageable and pleasant) is that it also helps control impulsive tendencies like drinking too much which I rarely do anymore, and emotional regulation which makes me way less angry most of the time...and helps keep the dadbod away thanks to the amphetamines! hahah

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Only time will tell, but I doubt Jackson getting injured will stop podium contenders from attending in the future.

The danger is always there and these guys know it. Its also not ever stopped them from sending the beans at various Crankworx and other races over the years - which some are probably more sketch than this well built track.

The payouts are better, though still small (but not nothing) and the media exposure for their sponsors and their own "brands" is high up there.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
wish I would've dealt with my ADHD a lot sooner than my mid-40's. Lots of reasons I didn't, but has been an absolute life changer over the past year. Side benefit (beyond making life just way more manageable and pleasant) is that it also helps control impulsive tendencies like drinking too much which I rarely do anymore, and emotional regulation which makes me way less angry most of the time...and helps keep the dadbod away thanks to the amphetamines! hahah
I need to get on that train. Frig.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Not sure I understand your question but according to this https://econtent.hogrefe.com/doi/10.1024/2674-0052/a000028 only 0.79% of the whole UCI athletes have Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) for something. If if all these TUE would be for ADHD that would still be a lot less than the 8-ish % of the population with ADHD... Nevertheless not all cases of ADHD are diagnosed and even less are treated with drugs depending on which country you live in. The chart below shows the daily dose of ADHD drugs per inhabitants as a function of the BNP per inhabitants. It's in Swedish but you can see that USA, Canada and Sweden top the chart for how much drugs get prescribed for ADHD, while France, Germany, Irland and Great Britain are at the bottom
View attachment 208378

Statically Ronan Dunne is also unlikely to be treated for ADHD with amfetamins :nerd:
You understood. And more than answered the question. Cheers.

Massive shortage of ADHD meds here in the UK over the last 6 months (prob more).
Ronan isn't from the UK.
But yeah. He doesn't *seem* very medicated.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
A doctorate is needed to know this! Whatever it is youve found the cure to it….
I expect you will unexpectedly commit suicide with 2 gun shots to the back of the head soon.
Well that escalated

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry to read that. No problem here, my son gets what he needs

Yes, he is irish, isn't it?
I had no clue Irland had such a high BNP by the way

Ireland is a tax haven. So a lot of that 'product' isn't produced there, but funneled through. Not quite the money laundering operation that Switzerland has going.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Most days I have a 250mm energy drink first thing in the morning. Followed by a 500ml can when I arrive at work which generly lasts until lunchtime. Then ill either crack open a other or move onto regular caffeinated soft drinks for the remainder of the afternoon .eg. Coke/Dr pepper And I'll usually have another 500ml at home in the evening.