Quantcast

Redbull Hardline

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Thought id get a designated page going. Racings not far away.
The track is actually technical and very steep. And obviously has the Flow aspect and huge hits. But dont mistake that the steep chutes wont blow to pieces. Cant wait for racing to happen on it. Lots of people on new teams/bikes to showcase.
I think Blenki will surprise as he’s beyond stoked with how fast that Zerode generates speed.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Thought id get a designated page going. Racings not far away.
The track is actually technical and very steep. And obviously has the Flow aspect and huge hits. But dont mistake that the steep chutes wont blow to pieces. Cant wait for racing to happen on it. Lots of people on new teams/bikes to showcase.
I think Blenki will surprise as he’s beyond stoked with how fast that Zerode generates speed.
Word Brother! It’s on! If my memory is correct,this will be the 3rd AUS RedBull Race. Gingerbyne,the Second was that Terrible Fire,forgot where that was? This one in TaZ,Sick!

Ginger was in VHS boys,I bought it straight from AUS. Wade took 2nd? Giant was the winning Bike. An English Lad I think was the winner.

Wade flatted and still made it down.

Watson was on a Foes. I heard it was late to the show.

I still remember that old site “DHRace” I liked. We were talking about Ginger,and Avy said, “I got brake pump just watching it”. Then another guy said “him and his mate could not walk down it,,it was stupid steep”
It was on the property of a Dam.

This is the Best,my Favorite.

Avy

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

1st. Bernard Kerr: 3:01.752
2nd. George Brannigan: +2.771
3rd. Jackson Goldstone: +6.490
4th. Gaetan Vige: +8.318
5th. Darcy Coutts: +8.970
6th. Matteo Iniguez: +9.766
7th. Adam Brayton: +10.378
8th. Ronan Dunne: +11.753
9th. Laurie Greenland: +11.829
10th. Brook Macdonald: +12.323
11th. Kaos Seagrave: +13.787
12th. Sam Blenkinsop: +14.819
13th. Dan Booker: +15.107
14th. Sam Gale: +15.341
15th. Thibault Laly: +15.926
16th. Jim Monro: +16.250
17th. Vincent Tupin: +17.040
18th. Theo Erlangsen: +17.989
19th. Connor Fearon: +18.949
20th. Baxter Maiwald: +21.274
21st. Johny Salido: +26.565
22nd. Thomas Genon: +31.519
23rd. Matt Jones: +44.580
24th. Reed Boggs: +55.012
25th. Remy Morton: +1:07.859
26th. Dennis Luffman: +1:33.333
27th. Edgar Briole: DNF

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
like don the con only talks about himself, you manage to make every post about your ginger man crush, whatever the topic may be

View attachment 208136
You know,it does not surprise Avy that it would be you. As I was typing,”I said to myself,not Ginger Avy,it’s too much Gwin. No,It is probally my favorite video of all time,so Fuck Um.”

Now,being you are to young,and have no real memory of that glorious event,Avy will forgive you. However,the last sentence is what told me you have no clue. I would Love to meet you,to see you just spit out one sentence and look then look around you waiting for the applause.

Tell you what,push that button where if Avy posts,Seth gets that Lovely Red Bell that I so Love.

Avy

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
You know,it does not surprise Avy that it would be you. As I was typing,”I said to myself,not Ginger Avy,it’s too much Gwin. No,It is probally my favorite video of all time,so Fuck Um.”

Now,being you are to young,and have no real memory of that glorious event,Avy will forgive you. However,the last sentence is what told me you have no clue. I would Love to meet you,to see you just spit out one sentence and look then look around you waiting for the applause.

Tell you what,push that button where if Avy posts,Seth gets that Lovely Red Bell that I so Love.

Avy
As a kid I supposedly threw a tantrum because I didn't want to go to the Ginger Mine.
I have the Jindabyne VHS somewhere too, what year was it?

Thank God skinnies are gone!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

1st. Bernard Kerr: 3:01.752
2nd. George Brannigan: +2.771
3rd. Jackson Goldstone: +6.490
4th. Gaetan Vige: +8.318
5th. Darcy Coutts: +8.970
6th. Matteo Iniguez: +9.766
7th. Adam Brayton: +10.378
8th. Ronan Dunne: +11.753
9th. Laurie Greenland: +11.829
10th. Brook Macdonald: +12.323
11th. Kaos Seagrave: +13.787
12th. Sam Blenkinsop: +14.819
13th. Dan Booker: +15.107
14th. Sam Gale: +15.341
15th. Thibault Laly: +15.926
16th. Jim Monro: +16.250
17th. Vincent Tupin: +17.040
18th. Theo Erlangsen: +17.989
19th. Connor Fearon: +18.949
20th. Baxter Maiwald: +21.274
21st. Johny Salido: +26.565
22nd. Thomas Genon: +31.519
23rd. Matt Jones: +44.580
24th. Reed Boggs: +55.012
25th. Remy Morton: +1:07.859
26th. Dennis Luffman: +1:33.333
27th. Edgar Briole: DNF
I feel guilty that there is a lot of riders I don’t know?
Yes Brother,that is the 2nd AUS RB Race. You can see the smoke in the Video from the Fire. Where is that?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
As a kid I supposedly threw a tantrum because I didn't want to go to the Ginger Mine.

HardTail,where did you find this? Avy has seen bits,but this this best I have seen all together. It’s shit mate,you still have the VHS? This is not showing Half of the Video. No interviews,no 1 and 2 runs, missing riders,this is shit,though I Love it. You Must Find It! I’m going to rewatch again,Friday Night.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I feel guilty that there is a lot of riders I don’t know?
Only riders I'd not heard of are Baxter and Edgar
I wouldn't feel guilty over not knowing some. But I'm sure even Aarron himself would forgive you if you were to look elsewhere once in a while. :brows:

One of the biggest reasons I struggle to take Hardline seriously as a race is the lack of top WC racers and them mixing in a bunch of non racers and randoms

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Only riders I'd not heard of are Baxter and Edgar
I wouldn't feel guilt over not knowing some. But I'm sure Aarron would forgive you if you were to look elsewhere once in a while. :brows:
You up on it Brother. I’m sure they All are badass.

I think Goldstone is just taking it easy. I hope he has a rippa! I also hopes he eats a steak.

I would like the BullDog,or Connor,Kaos,anyone to keep the blood flowin and win.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
All could be exciting to watch but none have much of a chance of the win
We do not know that. Anyone could win.

I do not think of it as a Race,I do,but not on a UCI DH Race. I just wish there was more money for all the riders and the whole dam sport.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

Did you go to Gingerbyne as a kid that day?

Forgive me All Aussies,for saying that the Winning Rider of Gingerbyne was British. How can it be? In Aussie,won by an Aussie,you numb cunt!

Avy

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

Avy
when i was younger i torrented ALL the videos. if you know how pedantic i can get you know that i mean ALL.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
That race was quite enjoyable. Well done Ronan.

Even Jackson yeeting himself into the cameraman. Helluv an angle.
That one will get lots of replay and armchair analysis.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
The track came good. Rough and loose. Good mix.
Surely Dunne gets a Rebull helmet now, let alone smashing enough Redbulls to kill a Bull!
Great to have Warner back, and to get full runs of the racers.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I enjoyed the commenting maybe even more when Tahnée was there.
Eliot sounds more British than American. How is that?

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Santa Cruz syndicate Instagram page says Goldstone injured his knee badly. Hopefully it doesn’t affect his World Cup season. I can’t see how it wouldn’t if it’s tough shape. That will start the questions of whether hardline is worth it or not for the top guys again.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Santa Cruz syndicate Instagram page says Goldstone injured his knee badly. Hopefully it doesn’t affect his World Cup season. I can’t see how it wouldn’t if it’s tough shape. That will start the questions of whether hardline is worth it or not for the top guys again.
scans asap apparently, but from close source initial prognosis doesn't sound particularly great. hoping for the best.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
When he started doing feeling the side of the knee i said to my son, yeah thats an Acl or hopefully Mcl. Hopefully its not a full tear.
Did anyone else seem teammate Greenland wasnt that concerned when interviewed?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Did anyone else seem teammate Greenland wasnt that concerned when interviewed?
Dude grew up skateboarding in England mate.
That's probably about as much concern you're likely to see openly until someone loses a limb.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Dude grew up skateboarding in England mate.
That's probably about as much concern you're likely to see openly until someone loses a limb.
I saw it as well. Greenland is mad about last year,some bug that killed his whole year? He was on pace,this year is Huge for him. He did seem like that is the way it goes,instead of hugs and kisses. I thought he could have been more worried,but I know he is Stud on a last year with SC?

New kid on the block, crackin off 2 UCI wins,wins the RB. No Love lost. GreenLand is like,poor little sausage. Welcome to the Big League’s Jackson.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Uh? Did you two actually listen to Laurie's reply? Or did you have trouble undertanding his accent?

Bee - "So. Laurie we've just seen your team mate, the defending champion (???) go down! What wee you're emotions watching that?"
Laurie - "Well he came right towards the camera so he kind of gave me a fright" "an ah yeah. he kinda looked like he juuust dodged the tree". "I mean he's quite lucky to get around that." "but... Yeah. no news from me yet". "So I hope he's OK!" "Saw a little clip of him sat at the side of the track getting some medical attention". "But yeah. I know as much as you do I think".
Bee - "Of couse injuries are a part of this sport, you know first hand what it's like. what would be going through his mind at the moment?"
<pause> ... "probably I shouldn't have crashed?" <nervous laugh> "I duh(dunno?)... He was on a really good run as well". "looked like he was pushing on hard... n... kinda... he looked like he was on for a clasic Jackson run to be honest". "So a little bit gutted for him". "but yeah. he normally comes out alright. I'm sure he's fine".
Thanks Laurie.

"Cheers guys"

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Uh? Did you two actually listen to Laurie's reply? Or did you have trouble undertanding his accent?

Bee - "So. Laurie we've just seen your team mate, the defending champion (???) go down! What wee you're emotions watching that?"
Laurie - "Well he came right towards the camera so he kind of gave me a fright" "an ah yeah. he kinda looked like he juuust dodged the tree". "I mean he's quite lucky to get around that." "but... Yeah. no news from me yet". "So I hope he's OK!" "Saw a little clip of him sat at the side of the track getting some medical attention". "But yeah. I know as much as you do I think".
Bee - "Of couse injuries are a part of this sport, you know first hand what it's like. what would be going through his mind at the moment?"
<pause> ... "probably I shouldn't have crashed?" <nervous laugh> "I duh(dunno?)... He was on a really good run as well". "looked like he was pushing on hard... n... kinda... he looked like he was on for a clasic Jackson run to be honest". "So a little bit gutted for him". "but yeah. he normally comes out alright. I'm sure he's fine".
Thanks Laurie.

"Cheers guys"
Are you talking to me?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
yeah. you and jr
Ok,I speak for me Brother.

You are confusing me?

I was agreeing with you on where Greenland grew up and I also agreed with jr in that it did seem a little off? That being his interview after the crash.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
nothing too confusing about it. I was just trying to help you guys understand his words from that short interview during Jackson's trackhold. Stuff definitely sometimes gets a little lost in translation here.
If anything felt a little off. I'd probably put it down to sticking a mic infront of the guy and pressing for an imediate reaction to an event he probably knows less about than the interviewer.
I think folk read far too much into rivalries and the mood of riders. Along with decades of hate and bizarre character assasinations (truthful or humourous) towards certain WC racers/pro riders from certain Monkeys skews it massively. They've pretty much all been out there riding together all week, all getting along with one another just fine. From his reaction it seemed pretty obvioius Laurie thought Jackson was fine. You've also gotta remember just how many huge riding crashes these guys have all walked away from and how that can make it blasé .