Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The Allroad is the only wagon offered by Audi in the US right now. (I like mine.) Pimp wagons like the RS6 just don't do very well in the states. Common theory is that for the money, most 'Muricans would rather drive a really nice SUV/Crossover. But of course, most americans don't take driving very seriously anyway.

Or one of these:

AMG almost-minivan :s

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
It's almost impossible to 'take driving seriously' here. The cops in JH are pretty serious in not allowing anyone to go over 60 mph, forget about the Federal cops in the park. The only fun you can have is lighting up cars while passing on Teton Pass, but the traffic is such that those opportunities are are. You can drive MUCH faster (or more responsively) in major cities on either coasts.
It cracks me up seeing so many hi performance cars here due to the JH economy, they are just curb toys.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Or one of these:

All the cars you buy between 18 and 40 should be basic models with no frills and should optimize economy. If you are paying more then 10% of your income on a car note you will short change yourself as you get older. The money you spend on a expensive car will limit what you can save for your future. Being old and poor will suck more then being young and broke, trust me on this. When you are young, you can get pussy on a moped. When you're my age you will need that expensive car and will be able to afford it.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The Allroad is the only wagon offered by Audi in the US right now. (I like mine.) Pimp wagons like the RS6 just don't do very well in the states. Common theory is that for the money, most 'Muricans would rather drive a really nice SUV/Crossover. But of course, most americans don't take driving very seriously anyway.
im still surprised that Merc is still selling the E63 wagon here and still running commercials on tv for it. at the prices of super wagons, most are getting suv's judging by how parking lots look.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Or one of these:

My brother in law drives the basic 3.0l Diesel version of the M-class.
Incredibly comfortable and quiet. You can change the suspension characteristics of the suspension on the fly, including lifting it up and down for 10cm. There really is something special about the air-suspended chassis from Mercedes.
If you drive long distances, this is one of the cars I would recommend.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
My brother in law drives the basic 3.0l Diesel version of the M-class.
Incredibly comfortable and quiet. You can change the suspension characteristics of the suspension on the fly, including lifting it up and down for 10cm. There really is something special about the air-suspended chassis from Mercedes.
If you drive long distances, this is one of the cars I would recommend.
I have actually driven a Brabus ML63.
Not really my cup of tea. Gas pedal response and autobox performance arent sharp. Having a torque convertor in between the engine and the tires kinda kills the experience.

Now, a dual clutch Porsche Cayenne; even a much less poweful one... is something else.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I have actually driven a Brabus ML63.
Not really my cup of tea. Gas pedal response and autobox performance arent sharp. Having a torque convertor in between the engine and the tires kinda kills the experience.

Now, a dual clutch Porsche Cayenne; even a much less poweful one... is something else.
I was just passenger. I can tell that I was relaxed when we arrived after the 3h drive. After driving so much in the last 3 years I can tell that this is something I call "luxury" and important for a business car.