Quantcast

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Now shipping...

The Mercedes dealer called the S550 the Corvette killer. My Brother called him out on it. And then the dealer said "Corvettes are for people who have never driven a S-Class Mercedes". It was a fine car. We went to the Chevy Dealership to test drive a Corvette and you can only test drive a Camaro or Corvette by appointment. So we left.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The Mercedes dealer called the S550 the Corvette killer. My Brother called him out on it. And then the dealer said "Corvettes are for people who have never driven a S-Class Mercedes". It was a fine car. We went to the Chevy Dealership to test drive a Corvette and you can only test drive a Camaro or Corvette by appointment. So we left.
I was just looking at the paddle shifter setup in Grand Sport the dealership had when they gave me the fob. After I got back, the sales manager showed me a ZR1 they had on sale. '09 with 12k miles for $68k. He said "This one is quite a bit more car for $10k less than the GS, want to take it out back?"

Why yes, yes I do. I did a half dozen runs and 2 perfect donuts in the back lot. About the size of 2 football fields with nothing but open space. I can't even imagine that car on the open road. But after seeing the sticker on the C7Z, I can honestly see myself in one in about 5 years.

I took my little brother to look at it and they wouldn't let him drive it without a signed offer. :rofl:

He's Joes car, he paid $16k for it a few years ago, '05 with 95k miles (and why I bought mine in the first place).

<edit> While I'm at it, here is the Grand Sport I test drove, but I didn't care for the paddles.