Quantcast

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
What, ignore a basic societal need for the sake of making money, and maintaining a marketable image?

It's the entire history of the state.
more so polluting water. While just up the valley a project was closed down due to a possibility of hurting a toad.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
more so polluting water. While just up the valley a project was closed down due to a possibility of hurting a toad.
let's just say this would not be 'polluting the water'

It would be erasing it

mammothgeothermal.JPG

The reason the town council is concerned is because that plant already did something similar downhill in the 90s

Yeah the frog situation is out of control. Ask me about our lawsuit against the forest service :D

Last edited:

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
let's just say this would not be 'polluting the water'

It would be erasing it

View attachment 192823

The reason the town council is concerned is because that plant already did something similar downhill in the 90s

Yeah the frog situation is out of control. Ask me about our lawsuit against the forest service :D
I saw that. Does have a lot of could in that statement. Seems that contamination is a greater concern. But I’m not a hydrogeologist. Or a frog expert for that matter

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Which lawsuit? Biler or wheeled stuff?
Snowmobiles

The most disgusting part of the process is that it's not that the forest biologists even think sleds endanger frogs hibernating under 15ft of snow and 4ft of ground....it's that a much larger environmental group says they're 'concerned' about it. One who's sued them in the past and made the USFS their lapdogs now.

Typical weaponization of nepa shit. It's a business model.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Snowmobiles

The most disgusting part of the process is that it's not that the forest biologists even think sleds endanger frogs hibernating under 15ft of snow and 4ft of ground....it's that a much larger environmental group says they're 'concerned' about it. One who's sued them in the past and made the USFS their lapdogs now.

fuck I know this tale well. I always liken environmental lawyers to gangsters in polo shirts. I always hated “a species of concern”.

when I was maybe 25 I filled up our Detroit diesel powered water truck with a load of water and went to turn around in a culdasack at the end of the road. As I approach the environmentalist looking at the neighbors 300 acres of mitigation land for “fairy shrimp” in mud puddles, step up to the curb. So I stuck that loaded pig in 3rd and floored it and gave them a big ole coal bath. I saw them in the rear view mirror running and waving arms. Rolling coal is usually lame. But it wasn’t even a thing back then and I just acted impulsively. I suffered no consequences for my actions that day.

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Snowmobiles

I worked on some OSV NEPA shitaqua and i agree, totally. Noise and types of snow machines analyzed were missing some marks, like 4t in the sound spectrum and snowbikes in the 'zones' spectrum. They thought steep and somewhat tightly treed areas were not areas of interest.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I worked on some OSV NEPA shitaqua and i agree, totally. Noise and types of snow machines analyzed were missing some marks, like 4t in the sound spectrum and snowbikes in the 'zones' spectrum. They thought steep and somewhat tightly treed areas were not areas of interest.
Same in this instance. They only talked to one or two old dudes who said they don't ride steep slopes. Problem with that is that lots of people use sleds for skiing. So close the steeps to sleds and you can't get near some good ski faces.

People honestly think a 4t dirtbike is quieter than a sled just because it's a 4 stroke and that is automatically better in every way to those dirty 2 strokes which actually run about as clean these days.

I could go on....bullies, hate groups, and massive gentrification. That's now the real long term legacy of most environmental laws.

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Same in this instance. They only talked to one or two old dudes who said they don't ride steep slopes. Problem with that is that lots of people use sleds for skiing. So close the steeps to sleds and you can't get near some good ski faces.

People honestly think a 4t dirtbike is quieter than a sled just because it's a 4 stroke and that is automatically better in every way to those dirty 2 strokes which actually run about as clean these days.

I could go on....bullies, hate groups, and massive gentrification. That's now the real long term legacy of most environmental laws.
Yeah, it was a helluva work experience. When I'm riding dirt bikes in the mountains all it takes is a couple encounters of both types of stroke to understand the 4t is louder and penetrates vegetation a bit more.