Quantcast

Random new bike thread

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I have a Canadian ski bum friend living in Bariloche half every year since 15-20 years. It seems like an awesome spot to live!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Thad (builder of the bike) works for Norco and did design work on the steel Torrent that was released a few years back.
Cool, he did a good job on the torrent, it's nice to have a BB that actually let's you pedal in the bits that aren't flow trail smooth.
But I need longer stays so my foot doesn't hit the mech.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
looks refreshingly nice and simple
1713814139052.png

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
looks refreshingly nice and simpleView attachment 210756
1713814247704.png

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
My lbs now sell Mondraker bikes and they have an awesome Foxy RR AXS on the floor.

Pleasently surprised to discover they seem to be moving away from Superboost 157 (still on the SuperFoxy)...just to realize a moment after they went for headset routing. :banghead::rant:

Goddammit fuck. Stop it already! Just like that, the Foxy went straight to the "Do not buy" list. Sad...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
looks refreshingly nice and simpleView attachment 210756
boratverynice.jpg

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
My first decent BMX was a Haro and I still remember Minaar and Hannah racing on those Harotenses. I'd nearly get one just out of pure fanboyism

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yeah. The longer travel one looks sweet.
Had a few Haros BMX and mtb over the years. Still got my 20" and my daughters Expert race bikes. Should probably sell/give them both to someone who'd make better use of them but it'd be a sad day.

Those Haro M1s with the bolt on seat tower were a quarter of the price of an M1 here with the same FoxRC shock.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah. The longer travel one looks sweet.
Had a few Haros BMX and mtb over the years. Still got my 20" and my daughters Expert race bikes. Should probably sell/give them both to someone who'd make better use of them but it'd be a sad day.

Those Haro M1s with the bolt on seat tower were a quarter of the price of an M1 here with the same FoxRC shock.
That was the Frame Greg had for his only show at RB(Utah). Correct me if I am wrong. I have a cut out of it in my old bike shed from a magazine of him in the Air. I thought they were an ugly color scheme? Also,at the time I did not understand how they got away with it? Memories.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I did not understand how they got away with it?
At least the Haro was a slightly different frame design. Plenty other big teams just ran stock M1s painted and decal'd as something they weren't. Eg. GIANT (Tomac), Muddy fox (Gee & Dan)

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Yup, I remember seeing minnaar in Lee Dungarees on his Haro, doing a heel clicker off a drop at rampage. I think peaty also rode rampage that year and Cedric got podium.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
At least the Haro was a slightly different frame design. Plenty other big teams just ran stock M1s painted and decal'd as something they weren't. Eg. GIANT (Tomac), Muddy fox (Gee & Dan)
Yes Brother,these were the Glory Days of Intense! Chris,the Tat’s,like you said, many Teams were Rockin Intense. Those were the Days. Fucking Chris killing it,though I think Sam got more Love from the Fans. I wonder who made more money for the “Company”? Chris on Intense,or Sam on his IronHorse?

I Love um Both,but cause I’m old,Chris came First as the time went by. Sam was in a different World for me,a different time,a different Man. Word.

Who did make more Money for the Company? Is it even possible to know?

I Thank You for you’re thought’s.

Avy

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I had a couple of those frames. They had the seat mast from the Uzzi DH but with the beefier chain stays from the M1.

I sold two of those old Haro Uzzi/M1 frames to an Intense collector/RM user a few years ago.

Over the winter the team truck was parked in Durango near our favorite DH shuttle tracks. I knew the head mechanic at the time. Here’s a pic of one of them.

IMG_6731.jpeg

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I had a couple of those frames. They had the seat mast from the Uzzi DH but with the beefier chain stays from the M1.

I sold two of those old Haro Uzzi/M1 frames to an Intense collector/RM user a few years ago.

Over the winter the team truck was parked in Durango near our favorite DH shuttle tracks. I knew the head mechanic at the time. Here’s a pic of one of them.

View attachment 210864
Those were sold as Vairo ZK1 here, after Intense's wee days were gone. I'm trying to find a picture, but they're pretty rare nowadays.

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Tell me you have McMaster stocks without telling me you have McMaster stocks.
Ya, dreams are nice, but it ain't happening. Also, I tend to build frame up with buying as few new parts as possible. I have not bought a full bike in a dozen or more years. Still catches my eye as it looks much better, not like my current one that looks like it was run into a wall with the swoopy top and down tube.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Ya, dreams are nice, but it ain't happening. Also, I tend to build frame up with buying as few new parts as possible. I have not bought a full bike in a dozen or more years. Still catches my eye as it looks much better, not like my current one that looks like it was run into a wall with the swoopy top and down tube.
Let us be the judge of that and give us a recent shot to compare?

Avy