Quantcast

Push Elevensix shock

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I still think a BOS kirk would blow it away in both performance and weight.

Really, i cannot even fathom or want a shock better than a kirk, and im not even running the right tune

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Canfield balance, and really, i do not think it could be better. Even if its better on paper i just dont think it could be smoother. I feel like companies are going in the wrong direction with this stuff. More dials more adjustment, more shimz.

So far only BOS has focused on stiction and it pays off. Is an extra sensitive rebound more important than having a soft and fluid shock/fork that will transmit less in to the bars in general?

(And bos has this stuff tuned super nice anyway)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I did a ride over the Summer with a couple of PUSH guys, who had these bolted on to their bikes. They didn't talk too much about what was going on but just looking at them, and knowing PUSH, you knew there was some b'idness going on in there.

I'd love to try one. Price. Wow. Yea. Ouch.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
is the "dual tune" feature something that people really want? Just curious. That's a lot of weight and complexity to add for the sake of being able to run two completely different compression tunes on your bike. Would it be wiser to have a lockout or climb switch, or is this an enduro thing that I just don't understand?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
is the "dual tune" feature something that people really want? Just curious. That's a lot of weight and complexity to add for the sake of being able to run two completely different compression tunes on your bike. Would it be wiser to have a lockout or climb switch, or is this an enduro thing that I just don't understand?
Isn't the lockout or climb platform pretty much the #1 compromise that people bitch about the most? (ctd anyone?)
This seems ideal to me and the weight penalty shouldn't be an issue on a 28lb bike,

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Isn't the lockout or climb platform pretty much the #1 compromise that people bitch about the most? (ctd anyone?)
This seems ideal to me and the weight penalty shouldn't be an issue on a 28lb bike,
my beef is always lack of adjustment. you've already got high and low speed compression, independent adjusters for each...that's key...to have two of them, though?

marzocchi has something coming out that has both high and low AND a CTD lever. I feel like that's a better approach. Firm it up for when you need to climb, open it up for the descent, then lock it out for the road to the top. Twiddle your knobs when it feels like shit...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Could buy two custom tuned avalanche shocks, just gotta figure out how to switch them out fast on the fly.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Aren't alot of the Endurbro bikes designed around air shocks? I'm sure it's a great shock, but how does it overcome a frame tuned for an airshock?

And yes to @Sandwich point wouldn't CC's CS feature or the new marzocchi thinger be a better approach? Do people really need to customize their climb/whogivesafuck settings? More pratical use for the average joe(dentist) would be a bike park setting and a trail setting for those that use the same bike for both..

I dunno either way exciting to see PUSH come out with their own complete end to end product offering ('MURICA!)

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
been running a dbcoil on my trailbike for years...and now they say it's the "enduro" thing to do. dammit, push, i refuse to let you make me feel like a hipster.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Crazy shock. Love the "coil lite" idea.
For all that you're getting and that goes into these shocks, it seems like it would be worth it to the right people, it's just way too much for me to justify.

Last edited:

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Aren't alot of the Endurbro bikes designed around air shocks? I'm sure it's a great shock, but how does it overcome a frame tuned for an airshock?
Realistically not really. While there's a few that would be shitty, take a look around that spanish linkage site (http://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/) and you'll see most frames have linkages with linear or progressive rates that would be compatible with either with proper tuning.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
funny that they have a fitment for the Pivot Mach 6, yet Pivot states that you should not use a coil on their frame.
I wonder how that could affect a warranty claim.

Can I put a coil-over shock on my Mach 6?
You cannot run a coil-over on your Mach 6! The Mach 6 was designed to work with the progressiveness of an air spring. A coil-over shock (even one with separate bottoming control) does not offer the progressive spring curve that the Mach 6 requires. Running a coil-over shock on the Mach 6 will result in hard bottoming and damage to the frame.

- See more at: http://www.pivotcycles.com/bike/mach-6/#faqs

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
funny that they have a fitment for the Pivot Mach 6, yet Pivot states that you should not use a coil on their frame.
I wonder how that could affect a warranty claim.

Can I put a coil-over shock on my Mach 6?
You cannot run a coil-over on your Mach 6! The Mach 6 was designed to work with the progressiveness of an air spring. A coil-over shock (even one with separate bottoming control) does not offer the progressive spring curve that the Mach 6 requires. Running a coil-over shock on the Mach 6 will result in hard bottoming and damage to the frame.

- See more at: http://www.pivotcycles.com/bike/mach-6/#faqs
[/QUOTE]

Looks progressive to linear. Workable. That 5.7 is a different story.
http://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/2013/08/pivot-mach-6-650b-2014.html
http://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/2013/08/pivot-mach-6-650b-2014.html
http://www.pivotcycles.com/bike/mach-6/#faqs

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh yeah, we're good. Those are still valid.

Why is no one talking about the fact that this shock has a parabola in it? Unfortunately without the ability to tighten up the latus rectum but still.....It's a start.
call me when you make a shock with asymptotic bottom out