Quantcast

Push Elevensix shock

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Leverage ratio. In my experience as long as a frame isn't regressive at the end of travel bottom out will be ok given the proper tune and bottom out bumper assuming you're not hucking to flat. I've owned a few frames that were pretty linear and actually prefer those to really progressive designs.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
mind mildly blown by the pivot-mach-6-air-shock-only thing
you cant crank the bottom out on a coil shock?
You definitely can. Especially on something like a dhx or some others. I think that's more a shifty way of saying "don't ride this frame in bike parks at 10+ laps a day"

There are bikes with worse ending stroke leverage rates that work fine with the right coil damper.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
You definitely can. Especially on something like a dhx or some others. I think that's more a shifty way of saying "don't ride this frame in bike parks at 10+ laps a day"

There are bikes with worse ending stroke leverage rates that work fine with the right coil damper.
I have had good experience with Avy SSD coil on a Mojo HD that is more regressive in the ending stroke than the pivot. Plus, Craig ships them with better bottom out bumpers.

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
is the "dual tune" feature something that people really want? Just curious. That's a lot of weight and complexity to add for the sake of being able to run two completely different compression tunes on your bike. Would it be wiser to have a lockout or climb switch, or is this an enduro thing that I just don't understand?
Not me, I don't even use the Fox RP lockout switch anymore. Full plush all the time!

I think it basically is a lockout or "climb" switch, but one that you can adjust the damping of to be what you desire. Still compression only, no rebound control like CC.

Looks cool and all, but I just pulled the trigger on a DVO jade coil that was cheap by comparison.
Yes, PUSH has succeeded in making the DVO stuff seem inexpensive! :crazy:

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Whoa cool, if you blow one of the compression valves during a race you could just switch over!

Seriously, I'm sure this is a high quality shock but I don't see the need for redundant compression valves. I'd personally rather have a lighter shock with one valve.

Also, the lack of separate HSR adjustment is a surprise to me. I realize this is custom product but if you are picky enough to want two completely separate compression valves, with separate HSC and LSC for each, you probably want the ability to adjust HSR.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Just gut one of those redundant compression circuits, and voila! Trail side pipe for the on-the-go endurstoner.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
$1200 is more than I have invested in my commuter car that I've been driving for 5 years. I don't even use trail or climb mode on any of my bikes. I pretty much just run them in full downhill mode all the time. The only time I even use the climb switch on my inline is when traction is limited.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
It has Moar shimz than everything on the market, is less flexy, and is available in anodized rootbeer for a $1,200 up charge.

Darren

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Oh goddamit, I called this about a week ago. What do I win, a new shock?
Untitled2.jpg

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I personally don't care for the whole 'climb' or 'lockout' or 'anti-bob' mode or whatever the hell you want to call it. It always seems more hassle than it's worth. That being said, whenever I overhear people at a shop or trail talking about climbing, it always seems to be a topic of conversation. Give the people what they want I guess. I'm sure it will be dandy otherwise...

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
after reading again the all info about this shock, I understand all the knobs are for compression, in lock mode, and in open mode. (was thinking its also for rebound)
well, now I understand its really not what I was thinking....
I still prefer to have a climb switch on a RC4. on my AM ride. also the shaft on a RC4 is well suited for regressive linkages. as it make the shock a bit progressive.
I think it can be realy easy to make a climb awitch for the RC4.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Can this thing be set up as essentially two different shocks? One setting suitable for all aspects of trail/am riding and the other for shuttle/park days.

My Nomad3 is an unrideable piece of shit but it's my only bike. I ride the debonair full open always so I'm not interested in different modes within a ride.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Can this thing be set up as essentially two different shocks? One setting suitable for all aspects of trail/am riding and the other for shuttle/park days.

My Nomad3 is an unrideable piece of shit but it's my only bike. I ride the debonair full open always so I'm not interested in different modes within a ride.
Exactly. You can have one setting that is for climbing, one for descending. Or, you can have one for fast-flowy jump line trails, and one for successive square bump. You pick the characteristic, set the dials, and ride off toggling between your defined settings with a flip of the lever.

Darren

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
It has Moar shimz than everything on the market, is less flexy, and is available in anodized rootbeer for a $1,200 up charge.

Darren
first,
congrats on the shock - it looks rad and i'm sure it will make people happy.

second,
what happened to the revelation fork kit you said would be available last spring?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Exactly. You can have one setting that is for climbing, one for descending. Or, you can have one for fast-flowy jump line trails, and one for successive square bump. You pick the characteristic, set the dials, and ride off toggling between your defined settings with a flip of the lever.

Darren
Thanks Darren.
Sounds like a great product and one of the few truly innovative products to be launched in a while.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Darren
can i have one setting for east coast rox and one setting for hucks to flat?

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
first,
congrats on the shock - it looks rad and i'm sure it will make people happy.

second,
what happened to the revelation fork kit you said would be available last spring?
Thanks...and we got sidetracked on a couple other things. ELEVENSIX is one of them.:rockout:

Thanks Darren.
Sounds like a great product and one of the few truly innovative products to be launched in a while.
Thanks!

can i have one setting for east coast rox and one setting for hucks to flat?
As long as you're running a Monster-T fork.

LMAO.... Thanks for taking the comments all in stride Darren.
:cheers:

Elevensix must be referring to the number of shimz it contains.
Just on the rebound side alone!

With due respect Darren, that assumes you run the same rebound setting in both modes, correct? Or am I missing something?
Rebound is the same. Below is a better look at the rebound adjuster. Because rebound is controlling a fixed load(the spring) it's not necessary to change it based on terrain. We also don't have the need for a High Speed rebound adjustment externally because we're able to preset it here at PUSH due to the fact that we know the exact spring rate being used.

MidBanner.jpg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Darren
So it's a more tunable version of what already exists in any shock with a 2 or 3 position LS compression damper. That's pretty much something a lot of people have been asking for.

You should rent these for road trips with a location dependent base tune.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Darren, any plans to expand on these lighter, more accurate coil springs, and maybe sell them for other sizes and shocks, like my RC4?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I translated some of the highly technical description into something that the average rider can better understand.

Reminds me of the highly technical turbine-engine diagram I made for the purpose of airline pilot checkrides.
turbine engine3.jpg