Quantcast

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Or Implied homosexual acts. Even fully clothed.
Or female masturbation. This Film Is Not Yet Rated was an *excellent* documentary about how utterly, UTTERLY f**ked the MPAA is.

edit: Or, apparently, small kids cursing (how South Park got through beats me). Was watching Euro Trip unrated edition with the director's commentary, and one of the things that had to get cut out of the theatrical version was a ~10 year old saying "F***ing A, Scott, even I know that and I'm only taking Intro to German".

edit2: obligatory Eurotrip animooted .gif

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I can tolerate cussing in movies from time to time, but kids cussing in kid movies makes me more than annoyed. Heck, I've watched kid movies that you can tell since they are too violent for a "G" rating and go "PG", the director tosses one or two curse words in b/c they can, to the extent the expletive is forced.

I almost wish kids movies had a list of how many times and when F bombs and Beyotch were gonna be hurled at kids. Examples that come ot mind are in some of the Marvel movies. Cartoon characters in speedos hurling obscenities???

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I can tolerate cussing in movies from time to time, but kids cussing in kid movies makes me more than annoyed. Heck, I've watched kid movies that you can tell since they are too violent for a "G" rating and go "PG", the director tosses one or two curse words in b/c they can, to the extent the expletive is forced.

I almost wish kids movies had a list of how many times and when F bombs and Beyotch were gonna be hurled at kids. Examples that come ot mind are in some of the Marvel movies. Cartoon characters in speedos hurling obscenities???
No, the MPAA actually prohibited Eurotrip (Rated-R) from having a kid (who's actually probably older than 10 since he's taking "Intro to German") curse. If they'd left it in it would've gotten an NC-17 rating....

NSFW for cursing at this point in the Youtube clip, but there is also nudity elsewhere in the movie. If that's against the rules, I'll take down the link to the movie.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

IMDB has parent guides for movies.

Also as dante pointed out - you missed the point. No one claims raunchy movies with a ton of cursing should be pg-13 but nc-17?