Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
Turns out I have to work tomorrow. F*#%

See y'all next time.

Chuckwagon said:
Toshi-
All clear.

Let's meet at the truckstop at 9:30.

Anyone else want to go? It's the TravelAmerica truckstop on I-84 at exit 18. See you there. We're riding wildcat. DH/FR shiznit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Chuckwagon said:
Turns out I have to work tomorrow. F*#%

See y'all next time.
perfect tho! since i just wussed out, check your PMs. heh

in other news, TWISTED, ekmonkf (sorry if misspelling it), zane and i had a great time up in post canyon today. tim managed to break his frame on the second hit of the day so graciously drove shuttle duty, ryan loaned me his front wheel, and all helped out at the start of the ride when my evil was switched from a rigid, brakeless, single speed urban machine to a huckarific downhill hardtail, replete with monster t, huge tires, and even brakes. imagine that :D . thanks!

in riding news, it was a bit wet so some wooden obstacles were slippery, but on the whole the place was very rideable and very fun. also, ryan was ripping it up on his new/used scream w/'03 monster up front. and, in personal riding news, my '01 monster t didn't bottom out or dip into its last 1" of travel even on the (big for me) lower gp drops. props to marzocchi. if only it didn't send my handlebars to the sky... :mad:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
does anyone have a link to the thread where i posted pics of my evil with various forks? i can't find it now. maybe it has been deleted on this new server. in any case, here is how it looks with a 175mm (just looked it up, not 170mm) '01 monster T

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
TWISTED said:
:stupid: Ha ha ha, just kidding. I didn't expect you to show anyone that thing.
Toshi- I didn't think you'd post that either, but then again you actually seemed to like that setup by the end of the day. Oh- cool picture too, those front knobs look gnarly on the wall!

Good riding with all of you, and thanks again to tim for shuttle duties.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Mallet said:
Eknomf: Good riding with you on Thursday. Thanks for showing me Larch. Surgery went well today, and I cant wait to get back on the bike!
Good to hear your surgery went well.. hopefully you'll be riding again soon. You should come hit PC with us sometime once your all healed up.

Toshi, Tim, Zane - Good riding with you all... that was probably one of my best days at PC yet. Thanks for the shuttling Tim.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
eknomf said:
Toshi, Tim, Zane - Good riding with you all... that was probably one of my best days at PC yet. Thanks for the shuttling Tim.
No problem. Thanks for letting me try to break your bike as well.
I guess that was a little too much for my xc bike huh?

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Toshi said:
does anyone have a link to the thread where i posted pics of my evil with various forks? i can't find it now. maybe it has been deleted on this new server. in any case, here is how it looks with a 175mm (just looked it up, not 170mm) '01 monster T

BAH!!!!!!!!!!! Toshi why have you been riding the Z1 all this time, you've been needing the monster more...CREACK ;) bet you didn't bottom that sucker eh...

Man I'm pissed I missed out on the ride this weekend...I didn't get to ride at all, and to make matters worse, I have a Wildland Firefighter Re-Cert class this weekend in Roseburg for 4 days (leaving Friday afternoon) so no trails for me again :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Then after that, I have no idea how long it'll be till I get called up, might be a few days, might be a month, man I need to get on the 4x4, she's downstairs looking lonely eh...poor baby :eviltongu

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
GFXRACE said:
anyone here racing june 19 at ski bowl
GravityFX is ready to race
I didn't even know about the race. I raced the last ski bowl downhill race, you would think that if the promoters and sanctioning body wanted people to show up for their races they would send out schedules or e-mails to the racers. When I signed up to race I had to list my address etc. like three times, I gave them my e-mail too.
I don't get it. I grew up in Portland, been riding bikes here 29 years (bmx then mtb) and it seems like you have to be in some kind of click just to hear about races. Why aren't there race flyers posted at every bike shop in town? Hell, post them at Fred Meyers and Wal Mart too.
It looks like the only racing I'll be doing is at Whistler, they advertise all over the place.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my z1 isn't lost after all! @#$% usps priority mail, supposedly 2 day service, took a solid 16 days to deliver it from oregon to california. whew.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
i just found out that i have things to do sunday.. but i can ride all day saturday until 6 or 7ish. Looks like saturday is suposed to be the best weather out in hood river anyways so maybe we can ride some more of the logs this time. Anyone else want to ride?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I really want to ride, but I'm screwed for this weekend - f&#kin army reserves.... But, I have NO SCHOOL next week! That means I can ride until 4 or 5 every day, so anyone else who can ride let me know (I'll give you a call eknomf- we can ride larch or some local stuff or maybe even make a quick PC trip...). Hope everyone has fun this weekend.

I'm down with PC today if anyone still wants to go. Otherwise I'll hit Washington Park, Tabor or other urban. Tomorrow I'm gonna build/ride at some trails I've never been to.
But I DEFINITELY wanna ride PC next Friday during the day, before the Collective premiere. Anyone else in?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I'm in, what time is the premire? I have to work in portland at 5, but I can probably ride until 3 or so.

Ryan- you in?

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
zane said:
I'm in, what time is the premire? I have to work in portland at 5, but I can probably ride until 3 or so.

Ryan- you in?
Possibly... i got invited to whistler this thursday friday and saturday with jason and will so if the weather looks good and i can find some money i might be doing that. Otherwise Id probably be up for PC

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
anyone up for urban tomorrow or wednesday night? weather forecast looks good...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
TWISTED said:
You know it. I'd be down for a little bum jumpin'. :thumb: :D
cool. let's ride tomorrow then. i think my z1 just came back from marzocchi today --something came via ups in any case -- so i'll have fresh new goods to abuse :D . what say we meet up around 6:30 or 7...? where?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Toshi said:
cool. let's ride tomorrow then. i think my z1 just came back from marzocchi today --something came via ups in any case -- so i'll have fresh new goods to abuse :D . what say we meet up around 6:30 or 7...? where?
How about the fire station, east side waterfront by Hawthorne bridge? :evil:
That's where I usually meet people. I'll try to get Kevin to show up. :mumble: :dancing: :thumb:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
TWISTED said:
How about the fire station, east side waterfront by Hawthorne bridge? :evil:
That's where I usually meet people. I'll try to get Kevin to show up. :mumble: :dancing: :thumb:
ok, it's a deal.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I have to work so I can't rock the urban, but are you guys free this weekend? Ryans not going to canada and we're riding PC on friday, but I wanna ride this weekend too. Hows about PC on saturday or sunday?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
TWISTED said:
Karen can say you're her son. :thumb: :D :sneaky:

Just kidding Karen. :love:
Hahaha....

Freakin lame, i called savino's and they are 21 and over all the time, including the collective premire. Oh well, I'm still riding PC on friday morning.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Had fun rippin' around downtown with Toshi and my friends Kevin (lil' kevster), and Shane from work. Showed them some fun lines.
Others are invited next time. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
TWISTED said:
Had fun rippin' around downtown with Toshi and my friends Kevin (lil' kevster), and Shane from work. Showed them some fun lines.
Others are invited next time. :D
i can officially ride... nothing. :D oh well. that "downhill trials" section is fun, i'll have to go back there

scriz

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
A friend forwarded me this message so I thought I'd post it here in case someone's interested... or if you already have some good pics maybe they could use them.

Hello MTB'ers,

The Oregonian is in the process of putting together a story about us enthusiasts and our sport. What they need is some photo's of someone actually riding on a trail in the Mt Hood area. If anyone has a ride planned for Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, please contact Michelle Cole at 503-294-5143 or michellecole@news.oregonian.com <mailto:michellecole@news.oregonian.com> if you would like to be the willing subject. Your participation would be greatly appreciated AND you'd get a chance to be in the newspaper!

Please refer to Michelle Cole regarding any questions/suggestions. She did say the one thing that may hold up the entire article IS this photo. Please help!

Roger W. Louton
503-702-4590
www.pumpclub.org <http://www.pumpclub.org>

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Does anyone know what the snowpack on Hood is like? Specifically on the lower mountain below T-line. Ive been itchin to hit the Glade trail lately and I'm hoping it'll be good to go soon. T-lines website says 121 inches, but I'm guessing thats up on Palmer, not at the lodge.
Anyone else ready for a 14 mile bomber on the Glade?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
eknomf said:
Is anyone riding PC or elsewhere tomorrow or saturday? Zane and i were going to ride out there but he cant ride.
if my rear wheel arrives tomorrow, i'll go. but i have little faith. the frame looks nice tho :D . you wouldn't have a spare 160x12 wheel i could borrow as well, ryan? hehe

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Toshi said:
if my rear wheel arrives tomorrow, i'll go. but i have little faith. the frame looks nice tho :D . you wouldn't have a spare 160x12 wheel i could borrow as well, ryan? hehe
well i do actually have a spare 12 mm wheel.. but its not 160. What happened to your evil?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
eknomf said:
well i do actually have a spare 12 mm wheel.. but its not 160. What happened to your evil?
the evil is camping out in fat tire farm this weekend, getting that funky hayes fixed and the recalcitrant rotor bolts drilled out

oh, and the cranks haven't shown up yet either for the canfield. hmm, where are you, ups man?!