Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ok, so what's happening this weekend? who is driving? :D and when/where for meeting up?

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
It looks like its no longer supposed to rain on Saturday. So how about PC and if it does get wet we head over to syncline like Tim was saying.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
TWISTED said:
How about Post Canyon sat? Head out of Portland 9 or 10ish. Meet up at TA truck stop.
sounds good to me... dave, frank, what's the word with the trailer? pick a time. brian, i can pick you up in portland, as my pathy can handle 2 people + 2 dh bikes as it is.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Is there a time set for the truckstop yet? If not how about 9:30. I just talked to one of my friends who wants to come ride post canyon and he has a trailer im going to borrow that he says can hold about 10 bikes... So i should be able to drive 4 or 5 people and lots of bikes.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Damn, I sure picked a sh**ty weekend to move. I'm moving to an apartment near the vancouver mall on saturday, so I'm busy this weekend. It sounds like the whole portland/vanc posse will be at PC, hope you all have fun.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
TWISTED said:
Ride in the morning, move at night and sunday Zane.
I'm still looking for a ride out there Ryan.
If theres no one in portland to get a ride to the TA with i could probably come pick you up. First i have to stop out by vancouver mall to get my friend Brian and his trailer, so its a bit out of the way but it will work.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Any Portland :monkey:'s wanna go to Post Canyon sat. morning? My cheap ass aint got no car, so I need a ride to the TA rendevou (sp?) in Troutdale. :help:

If I can't get a ride I'll take the MAX to the Gateway stop at I 205 by Washington st.

eknomf said:
If theres no one in portland to get a ride to the TA with i could probably come pick you up. First i have to stop out by vancouver mall to get my friend Brian and his trailer, so its a bit out of the way but it will work.
I don't know yet...but I also might need a ride for me and my Bullit if anyone can swing by close-in SE PDX.

TWISTED said:
What happened to your car Karen?
It died. But hell, I got 225K out of it first. I am looking for a new rig but holding off til I get the funds for something sweet. (Wanna hook me up with more photo shoots with Mountain Cycle??? That would help ;-) Driving Kim's Tracker in the meantime, but I don't always have access to it...depends on our schedules.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Photoshoots? Hmmmm... I don't know. :blah:
You take some nice shots, but Toshi does a good job with his sweet digital cam. Serious competition. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
eknomf said:
Is there a time set for the truckstop yet? If not how about 9:30. I just talked to one of my friends who wants to come ride post canyon and he has a trailer im going to borrow that he says can hold about 10 bikes... So i should be able to drive 4 or 5 people and lots of bikes.
i'm in. 9:30 at the TA. :thumb:

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Toshi said:
i'm in. 9:30 at the TA. :thumb:
ok that sounds good. Im still not sure how many people will be with me.. it sounds like between 2 and 4, but shuttles should work well. Dave and Frank.. are you guys coming along?

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
I think Im in... I havent heard back from Dave yet, but Im sure he'll be on here sometime today...Without the trailer I'll need to get on the list for shuttle service. Hopefully he can get it though.

scriz

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
What's up everyone... I'm in SE portland so if there are any of you that need a ride to the truckstop or all the way to PC give me a call. I've got a Tacoma 2WD. I can fit 2-3 bikes in the back and 2-3 monkeys up front if you don't mind the cramped extra cab. Anyway Tim or Karen, give me a call if you still need a lift. (415) 385-9627[c]

-Ben

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Thanks Ben. I gladly except your' offer. :dancing:
Sounds like we're gonna have alot of people, sweet. Good times. :thumb:
Chris is bringing his truck, Ben has a truck. Cool. :D
Toshi, bring your camera. I'm sure one of us will come up with something worthy of a picture. ;)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
TWISTED said:
Toshi, bring your camera. I'm sure one of us will come up with something worthy of a picture. ;)
ok, i'll do so. i guess i haven't been crashing too much lately :dead: :think:

Hack

Chimp
May 8, 2004
Portland
maybe i'll see you guys up there. I'll look for the canefield and the Mtn. cycle.

I'm not a super star rider so i would like to see you guy's thow down some stunts

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Hack said:
maybe i'll see you guys up there. I'll look for the canefield and the Mtn. cycle.

I'm not a super star rider so i would like to see you guy's thow down some stunts
Superstar? :D Wait till you see my clumsy, awkward ass falling off every log and skinny I try to ride! :mumble:

Maybe I could customize some training wheels, hmmmmm............

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
scriz said:
What's up everyone... I'm in SE portland so if there are any of you that need a ride to the truckstop or all the way to PC give me a call. I've got a Tacoma 2WD. I can fit 2-3 bikes in the back and 2-3 monkeys up front if you don't mind the cramped extra cab. Anyway Tim or Karen, give me a call if you still need a lift. (415) 385-9627[c]

-Ben
Are you guys planning on meeting me and Toshi at the TA truckstop in troutdale? If you do we could probably leave at least one car there.. I have room for 3 more people and ill have a trailer for bikes.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
eknomf said:
Are you guys planning on meeting me and Toshi at the TA truckstop in troutdale? If you do we could probably leave at least one car there.. I have room for 3 more people and ill have a trailer for bikes.
Yep.
Cool. :thumb:
See you at 9:30.

Hack

Chimp
May 8, 2004
Portland
Superstar? Wait till you see my clumsy, awkward ass falling off every log and skinny I try to ride!

Maybe I could customize some training wheels, hmmmmm............

Maybe i could ride with you guys somtime I'm kind of a chicken.

YOu'll probably see me upside down in the bushes at P.S. i''ll be wearing a Kona stinky D.

scriz said:

-Ben
Missed out on today...couldn't quite get up after riding urban til 4:30 this morning ;-) But we're down with riding tomorrow...and I'm mobile. We might even have room for someone else, though that's still TBD. Is anyone else shuttling PC again tomorrow? If so, email me or call me at 503.522.4917.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i think the plan is to do wildcat tomorrow. if you want in meet at the mcdonalds in sandy (on rt 26) at 9:30am. will be done and back by 3:30 at the latest.

also, it was awesome riding/shuttling with all of you guys today :thumb: . 4 runs, two from the very top... :cool:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Had fun today. :thumb:
You guys are gonna give me crap for this but I'm going up to Post Canyon Sunday. Yeah, I'm still hurt. I'm gonna be more of a tour guide to show people the new stuff.
It'll be a bit slower and I don't plan to do any drops. I'll drive shuttle mostly.
Were planning on heading out no earlier than 10:30am.
Anyone else want to go?

Chuckwagon

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
I'll second that Toshi. That was a good session and a good crew today. Great riding and meeting so many new monkeys.

Wildcat tomorrow. :dancing:

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Toshi said:
i think the plan is to do wildcat tomorrow. if you want in meet at the mcdonalds in sandy (on rt 26) at 9:30am. will be done and back by 3:30 at the latest.

also, it was awesome riding/shuttling with all of you guys today :thumb: . 4 runs, two from the very top... :cool:
me and brian are both still in and so is his trailer... do you have a pin for a 2 inch reciever so we could get that trailer hooked up to charlies(i think) truck? I got a ball attachment for the reciever but we couldnt find a pin. Did any of the pictures you got today turn out... i thought that was a pretty good shuttle settup.. worth posting a picture of at least.

Also - someone left a raceface jacket in my truck. Im geussing its Tims.. but im not sure.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Thanks Ryan, yeah that's mine. I'll get it from you next weekend.
Thanks again Ryan for shuttling us.
Wish I could ride with you guys, have fun.
I'm gonna take it easy tomorrow. :thumb:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
eknomf said:
me and brian are both still in and so is his trailer... do you have a pin for a 2 inch reciever so we could get that trailer hooked up to charlies(i think) truck? I got a ball attachment for the reciever but we couldnt find a pin. Did any of the pictures you got today turn out... i thought that was a pretty good shuttle settup.. worth posting a picture of at least.
yeah, it's "charlie." sorry, i have no hardware -- i gave all that stuff back dutifully when i returned the rack.

about pics, i'll have some up sooner or later. didn't turn out all that great, and my web host is acting up (compounded by my own personal web server having gone up to the great colo in the sky this past week)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
eknomf said:
Did any of the pictures you got today turn out... i thought that was a pretty good shuttle settup.. worth posting a picture of at least.
combine these two pics mentally and you'll have an idea of what it looked like :D

Jun 26, 2004
hey toshi, its one of those two kids that you met by your appartments the other day and Tim yelled out while my friend was doing the metal staircase off the bridge. which one is tim?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
KonaStinkyJyff said:
hey toshi, its one of those two kids that you met by your appartments the other day and Tim yelled out while my friend was doing the metal staircase off the bridge. which one is tim?
hello and welcome to RM. Tim is TWISTED.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Hey, more new monkeys! Great!

I obviously missed out on the awesome riding this weekend but I'm done moving, and I have a huge garage at my new apartment so the bikes have more room than I do :D . Anyway, I'm free for both days next weekend so is everyone planning to hit PC again? I'm up for either or both days..........

Speaking of both days- anyone interested in camping up at PC saturday night? It'd save a lot of time and gas as opposed to driving home for the night. Just an idea.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i'd be up for camping at pc or near there... but i'd like to hit up leadbetter on saturday morning (on the evil, hmph) if that happens.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Everyone should try to get in on this:

How's this sound- leadbetter on saturday morning (until about lunch-ish), PC saturday afternoon and evening, camp at PC, ride more PC sunday morning. Head back whenever. Sound good to everyone?

Hopefully we can get a bunch of people for this, or who can meet up with us for at least part of the riding.