Quantcast

Pictures

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Hey guys, I thought I would throw up some pics from last week. I have been super busy with the Chatel Mountain Style and getting the trails ready in Morgins and Champery. Yesterday was a sick day with Romo hitting a 12 meter tall drop to a monster of a step up that he flipped with me and Bjorn from Rockstar filming it all from a heli. Such a sick day and I will try and share those shots when my brother finishes editing them. In the meantime here are a couple photos my brother Will Walker took.

Me railing one of the fresh berm on the Tabogan in Morgins.

getting a little loose between berms

This is the third jump on the first straight of the Champery WC DH track.

and a fresh berm roost shot while building

We just buttered up the trails in Morgins again and they are ready for a beating so come out and shred those fresh berms with us. I will try and share some more when I get a chance. Have a good one.

Last edited:

ride979

Chimp
Nov 28, 2008
We were in the Portes du soleil last week. Morgins was one of our favourites. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in there, trails are brilliant.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Thanks guys.

Here are a couple more shots my brother took and then I am out the door to go ride for me. All the slope/freeride guys are gone and I have a little time to shred before the Champery race.

Me following Floriane Pugin in Chatel

berm in Morgins

between berms

and some roots

...and a big thanks to my brother, Will Walker, for letting me share his shots with you guys.

Last edited:

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
You are, from this moment forward, banned from ridemonkey.com for en citing jealousy among the forum members and showing off your amazing life of awesome to the world who now hates you for it.:rant: That is all.

On a lighter note, very nice!:weee:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Here is one of Kinrade pioneering a new drop in front of my house. The bike has no front tire or brakes and we use it to carve the steep grass fields around here. Mike took it to another level but later in the session got punished and vowed to never again touch the Bianchi.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Here is one of Kinrade pioneering a new drop in front of my house. The bike has no front tire or brakes and we use it to carve the steep grass fields around here. Mike took it to another level but later in the session got punished and vowed to never again touch the Bianchi.

I assume you own a weed eater, and not a lawnmower?;)

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Will's skills are coming in huge leaps and bounds! Awesome pics!

I'm back now, headed over your way today, but turned left and went to Chatel instead.

I'll give you a holler soon.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I assume you own a weed eater, and not a lawnmower?;)
I do but there are two farmers which come and cut the grass for the cows. Much easier that way.

Just after the farmers cut the grass and it rains for a day or two, that is when the Eduardo Bianchi track is running prime and the big lines start to get dropped. It is easier to roost the back end and dump some speed when the grass/ground is wet.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Will's skills are coming in huge leaps and bounds! Awesome pics!

I'm back now, headed over your way today, but turned left and went to Chatel instead.

I'll give you a holler soon.
Have you ridden Morgins this year? We did a lot of work and it is running great. Let me know when you come over.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
what a shot!!

Do you guys also work as trail guides?
I don't anymore but my brother still guides a bit. I can put you in touch with him if you want.

Here are a couple more pics.

Building on the Chatel Mountain Style course.

The big drop.

My new bike and cleaning up an old trail

The Menzi Muck navigating some steep slopes.

These two are my brother's photos

a berm shot.

and a whip.

Last edited:

Gridds

Monkey
Dec 18, 2008
Great Britain
buckoW your work looks sweet! If only the rest of the PDS could have someone like you looking after the trails, instead of it turning into a washboard of braking bumps...

I'm well keen on riding at Morgins. I'm heading down to the Alps in a couple of weeks, starting in the PDS. Can't wait! Is Morgins covered on the PDS lift pass?

Cheers.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Hey guys,

I am fully in winter mode (snowboarding) but secretly want to run away to Italy and get in some DH runs on the San Remo tracks. That isn't going to happen anytime soon so here are a couple pics from just before the snow. These are from a train shuttled spot which is one of my favorite around here. If any of you guys come ride the PDS in the coming years make sure to check out the riding in the close vicinity accessed by the trains. It is natural, steep, tech and fun. The leaves in the fall make for some extra fun drifting. Thanks to my brother Will Walker for the shots.

Setting up for a whip

Whippin'

I probably should have kept my feet up but there were lots of roots under the leaves and I love putting a foot out.

I like this one.

and one of the tireless, brakeless grass-carving machine. The tubular rims work like the two edges of a hockey skate and provide amazing off camber grip on the grass.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
And here are a couple more just for fun.

My buddy Beber hucking his meat

Chainsaw muffler modding (so my smaller saw that I ride with in my pack has a bit more power and I don't have to bring the 70cc saw)

New Italian spot I am consulting for Bike Park development

Bottom of the same lift

My new bike

Diano Marina, Italy

Our totally pinned guide's dogs

I got a bunch more from this summer I will upload another time. I have to go give a beginner snowboard lesson to an 8 year old girl...

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Ben, which tracks/trails are train accessed? On Swiss side of PDS? From Champery?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I love that bucket lift. It's a bit scary looking but anything where you can ride to a lake (or see) is great for me. Very envious of the fact that you can still ride your bike (or could recently). I'm already going crazy without mine (and with no board time).

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Awesome shots.
I really like the pic of the whip with the blue flanel.
That looks like alot of fun is going on near you. Hopefully I can make a trip this summer to switzerland.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I have to go give a beginner snowboard lesson to an 8 year old girl...
If she's anything like my 7 year old girl, remind her to stay tough and beat all those boys. Tell her she's just as strong and can learn faster than they can. Then tell her about all the incredible girls who snowboard and how big they go. Use words like "crush" "Destroy" "bury" "torch" humiliate"....

If I had patience with anybody's kids other than mine, I'd love to teach lessons. But I'd only wanna teach the cool ones, not the snooty little demons.:D

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
If she's anything like my 7 year old girl, remind her to stay tough and beat all those boys. Tell her she's just as strong and can learn faster than they can. Then tell her about all the incredible girls who snowboard and how big they go. Use words like "crush" "Destroy" "bury" "torch" humiliate"....

If I had patience with anybody's kids other than mine, I'd love to teach lessons. But I'd only wanna teach the cool ones, not the snooty little demons.:D
Kids are cool to teach. The biggest problems I've had are 30-40 year old women that never tried it and force it on themselves only because of peer pressure/new boyfriend. Last one would never stand up on her own, even after 4 days. She would go as low as to ask other skiers to pick her up. Never happened with a kid.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Ben, which tracks/trails are train accessed? On Swiss side of PDS? From Champery?
There is stuff you can ride from Morgins for example and take a train back to Champery. I was mainly talking about Bex or Montreux which have sick train shuttled riding and are very close to Champery. Let me know and I'll point you in the right direction if you ever want to check it out.

There are not for skiing lifts like this one which is also close to Champery.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland

Haha, luckily she saw my wife and some other girls ride by and was impressed. I didn't have to get her stoked.

It worked out fine. She skis very well already so I just had to show her the new techniques and positions for a snowboard. However, I felt like I had Ghandi like patience.

@ Norbar - I've had one like that before. Not so fun.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Goddamn that looks awesome. My buddy called me from the slopes of Champery this weekend while he was skiing, just to piss me off, that bastard.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
But I'd only wanna teach the cool ones, not the snooty little demons.
Yea, or those who can't lace their boots properly in an age of 10 or so and loose their boards with the boot on the uplift. That happened to me a few years back, when I was givin' lessons. i couldn't believe it...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Haha, luckily she saw my wife and some other girls ride by and was impressed. I didn't have to get her stoked.

It worked out fine. She skis very well already so I just had to show her the new techniques and positions for a snowboard. However, I felt like I had Ghandi like patience.

@ Norbar - I've had one like that before. Not so fun.
I get the Ghandi thing - with where you ride it resisting the urge to run away and ride pow would be hard. Though it's always fun to watch people you've thought progress and kids do that the fastest.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
...and kids do that the fastest.
That's the truth. But there is some genetics to it too. When I was a kid I was "good" at most everything, but never "great" at anything. My wife, she has the agility and balance of a squirrel and our oldest is the same.

Little stink picked up skating her second time and ran circles around me. :rofl: