Quantcast

Ok.2 things I REEALLY hate.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Nah. It's called a "stupid".
Nah, it's smart I'm sure. I bet his hands don't sweat. He never rides in inclement conditions, NEVER has hits hands slide along the ground when he crashes, and never rides long enough to worry about the grips chewing up his hands.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Just stop. :rofl:

You want to get noticed? Win races.
I'm not defending it for everyday riders. I'm saying sponsored riders having something that is visible and distinguishable is important. Rider marketability is more than results.

Also why do you care? I could never justify the cost of something that doesn't really seem more comfortable than regular mx shorts and some cheap black jersey but what is really the difference between the kid who tries to be cool by riding Sam's PJ and you trying to be cool by mocking him and wearing RM bro sanctioned outfit? It seriously looks like some people here are starting some DH hipster movement.

Leatt makes a nice chest protector that has multi-density foam for impact protection besides just roost. I think it's a viable option for DH. As opposed to a suit, it is definitely cooler in hot weather. Shoulder adjustments, stretchy straps, and anatomically correct curves makes it less likely to shift. A lot has changed since the old plastic roost guards of the 90s you know...

As for the "counter culture" hate on PJs. :roll eyes: Modern DH has had strong influence from MX in terms of technology and styling. I'm OK with that. Better than the gay ass spandex road clothing as far I'm concerned. PJs are great fall/cold/wet/muddy ride wear. Perhaps less comfortable in hot/humid weather. But the long pants and material offers some protection and the tapered cut prevents catching in the chain. I also like them because I also ride moto and don't have to buy additional clothing. Am I a fast, winning racer? Nope. But form does follow some function here.

But of course, haters will hate!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Wow, never realized that DHers (besides racers) were so worried about fashion.

When you're riding bikes you're supposed to be worried about staying alive. Not worrying about whether your Channel goggles, Vera Wang shorts, and Coach shoes all match.

SCARY

Not long enough
so i should wear something uncomfortable just to please your crazy eye? f**k off...
Oh,for Christs sake.Some of you people must be mildly retarded.This whole damn thread is just a stupid rant about nonsense.I should know,I started it.Do any of you have friends and you sit around and bag on eachother?!I mean,really,I understand that sarcasm and silliness dosent come across the best over the Internet,but could you at least try and consider that there's a possibility that someone might just be goofing around?....please?....especially after that person has said that they're just goofing around?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.

SCARY

Not long enough

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Oh,for Christs sake.Some of you people must be mildly retarded.This whole damn thread is just a stupid rant about nonsense.I should know,I started it.Do any of you have friends and you sit around and bag on eachother?!I mean,really,I understand that sarcasm and silliness dosent come across the best over the Internet,but could you at least try and consider that there's a possibility that someone might just be goofing around?....please?....especially after that person has said that they're just goofing around?
Yea, you say that but your posts read like your real feelings. I think you are just saying you're being sarcastic just so people don't call you a douche. Douche.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I call him a douche all the time, and I don't care about his feelings expressed or implied on the internet.

SCARY

Not long enough
Yeah,you just defined "sarcasm" there,Corky.Wipe the tears and move on.The short bus will be here ,soon.Im only serious about politics,human history and my kids behavior.If you only have one word comebacks,maybe you should just play with kidwoo.

(God,help me if kidwoo flips out over this)

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I generally need a ton of leeway to be tolerated on RM. And in the lift lines, where these DH fashion violations take place. Which is fine.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I raced SD today without gloves, only because I was being a tard and forgot to put them on haha. Oh and Larry I raced with stunners today with my XC lid, no gogs. Just for you.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I raced SD today without gloves, only because I was being a tard and forgot to put them on haha. Oh and Larry I raced with stunners today with my XC lid, no gogs. Just for you.
Obviously racing the Bro class. Keepin' it real.