Quantcast

Ok.2 things I REEALLY hate.

SCARY

Not long enough
1.People wearing sunglasses with full face helmets.(prescriptions are the only acceptable answer)
2.(And 1000 times worse)The absolutely stupid SuperD/Enduro practice of wearing goggles with an xc helmet!

Don't try and justify either one of these.You'd be wrong,lying or just a horrible person.

Oh,3. Giant,unneccasary backpacks that a Sherpa would refuse to carry....down a lift assisted DH trail.Is there tubes,lunch and a spare bike in there?You might need to dig a snow cave and have a weeks provisions to wait out a blizzard?

My friend,LEAR MILLER was in a video with the goggle/xc helmet wrongness and it set me off.Anyone who knows him should text or FB him and publicly shame him.Thanks.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
1.People wearing sunglasses with full face helmets.(prescriptions are the only acceptable answer)
2.(And 1000 times worse)The absolutely stupid SuperD/Enduro practice of wearing goggles with an xc helmet!

Don't try and justify either one of these.You'd be wrong,lying or just a horrible person.

Oh,3. Giant,unneccasary backpacks that a Sherpa would refuse to carry....down a lift assisted DH trail.Is there tubes,lunch and a spare bike in there?You might need to dig a snow cave and have a weeks provisions to wait out a blizzard?

My friend,LEAR MILLER was in a video with the goggle/xc helmet wrongness and it set me off.Anyone who knows him should text or FB him and publicly shame him.Thanks.
You forgot the people wearing a fullface helmet with a visor pointing downwards. I hate that too.
Nothing more wrong using a 300k TLD helmet and NOT putting the visor up.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
So, what's the best thing to keep wind and other crap out of your eyes when you're wearing contacts in an Enduro race?

Riding glasses!

Or not.

PS - I have not done the goggles / XC helmet thing, but I also wouldn't put fashion before function. If it works, run it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
You forgot the people wearing a fullface helmet with a visor pointing downwards. I hate that too.
Nothing more wrong using a 300k TLD helmet and NOT putting the visor up.
Am I justified if I do it with a POC? I don't care where it points. Never understand it with RM. It's like bike gentleman's club. There is a strict code of clothing. You may not wear stripy bike pj's, skinny jeans, sunglasses, backpacks, googles, flanel or a skinsuit. The thing that's left in my closet are beach shorts and that Genghis Khan outfit I wore for Halloween last year.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Really? These are things you "REEALLY hate"? I can't see why if someone is wearing glasses or goggles bothers you. So if you go to a mtn and someone is wearing something you don't approve of it ruins your day? Wow.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The funniest thing ever is dhers who make fun of roadies for their fashion sense, while chastising stupid shlt that relates to a desired functionality (like actually using a visor to block afternoon sun in the mountains), all the while thinking flourescent matching pajamas look completely socially acceptable.

Downhilling has a costume. There's seriously nothing more gay than that.

SCARY

Not long enough
Man,some if you gotta lighten up.I couldn't have possibly made it more obviously sarcastic without posting signs and smileys.
Yeah, it ALL looks really stupid,but I'm sure me,matching my bike beautifully looks stupid to some of you...youd be wrong and a horrible person,but hey...you're wearing sunglasses and a full face.So,you don't count.(Another joke,^^^^see this was all said in a joking manner^^^)ugh..

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hey there's no reason we can't all be equal opportunity haters.

You know what's worse than a full face with sunglasses and a camel back?

When you see that pair of sunglasses through the chin bar and can just make out the cop stache right beneath them. Just something about the glasses fullface and stache that really completes it.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
The funniest thing ever is dhers who make fun of roadies for their fashion sense, while chastising stupid shlt that relates to a desired functionality (like actually using a visor to block afternoon sun in the mountains), all the while thinking flourescent matching pajamas look completely socially acceptable.

sums up everything about everything.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I used to hate visorless riders, but then I fell on my kazoo and went visorless and voila - karmic conundrum.

My costume is Dickies and some kind of not too pajama like jersey.

Last edited:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
You know what I hate? Guys racing is skirts, spandex, with a purple bike and pink mohawks.

(From DownhillNews.com)

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
"Really only use the Internets for placing sarcasm ,ruining other peoples Facebook posts and looking at boobies.
I approve of this.

Other things on my "Things mountain bikers do that makes me want to **** my brains out in anger" list:

- Full matching pajama kits. This seems to be especially popular among the riders who dance and prance their way down the course looking SO pro...but not really going all that fast. They've obviously been promoted to the "bro class".
- "Roost guards"
- Leatt brace, DOT helmet, no gloves, no kneepads, and Converse shoes
- Just the whole no-gloves thing in general
- Girl jeans

Despite all that, roadies still deserve every bit of flak they get. From any group, really.

Oh and none of these things ruin my day. They just give me reason to torment the poor soul into humiliation for their own betterment. Gotta keep it real, bro.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

I agree most riders do it for fashion but the real purpose of costumes is to make the riders noticeable. Which is important if you want to get sponsored.

Also if we swapped the uncool costume with something sanctioned by the RM cool club it would still be a costume. To me being a dh fashion police is more silly than just wearing what you like.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
but the real purpose of costumes is to make the riders noticeable. Which is important if you want to get sponsored.

Also if we swapped the uncool costume with something sanctioned by the RM cool club it would still be a costume. To me being a dh fashion police is more silly than just wearing what you like.
Just stop. :rofl:

You want to get noticed? Win races.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
I hate having to wear prescription sunglasses since I can't wear contacts for more than an hour on a warm dry Tahoe day and can't get LASIK.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Good lord, no gloves is a DH fashion offense?
I'm sure glad I don't ride with any DH fashionistas...