Quantcast

NHL playoffs

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
wow, what a first round! Definitely the most exciting first round in a while. Devils/Rangers rivalry, the offensive power shown by Buffalo, and the top 4 teams in the West all going home.

Man - I can't wait for the second round!

Ottawa (1) vs Buffalo (4) - Ottawa in 6
Carolina (2) vs New Jersey (3) - Jersey in 5

San Jose (5) vs Edmonton (8) - San Jose in 7
Anaheim (6) vs Colorado (7) - Colorado in 4

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
As always, glad to the Dead Things out early. With the possible exception of Yzerman, they are a whiny bunch of cheap shot bast@rds.
Bummed to see Calgary take a sh#t early, an all Alberta series would have been awesome.
For now, go Avs!

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
JohnE said:
As always, glad to the Dead Things out early. With the possible exception of Yzerman, they are a whiny bunch of cheap shot bast@rds.
Ouch. I guess you either love or hate the Wings. San Jose, Carolina, and Buffalo are my horses. Not saying they're going to win, but they're my teams for the rest of the playoffs.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jacksonpt said:
what a horrific hockey game though... at least what I saw of it. Definitely not what to expect the rest of the series in terms of quality of play.
Quality of play be damned. There were like 4 goals in the last minute or so of ice time.

Maybe that's why I like Indoor Lacrosse better than hockey :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Quality of play be damned. There were like 4 goals in the last minute or so of ice time.

Maybe that's why I like Indoor Lacrosse better than hockey :D
yea, it was an exciting game to watch... the kind of game that could breed fans of the game. But still... it was hard to watch if you know how hockey should be played.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:
If it's gonna be Ottawa in 6, they better start winning quick.
I don't think my "Ottawa in five" prediction is going to come true.

Final score aside, that was a sweet first goal New Jersey scored last night. Pass, pass, pass, pass, goal.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jacksonpt said:
I obviously know nothing about hockey...
Actually pretty much anyone who knows anything about hockey would pick Ottawa in this series. The Sabres going up there and taking two on the road is just crazy.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
NJ is already done, as is Colorado... Ottawa is hanging on by a string, like Echo said, the'd better get their butts in gear. Thank god for SJ.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Didn't NJ just come off a 15 game win streak or something? I won't count them out yet. They are more than capable of winning their next two home games. They were just unlucky last night.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
Didn't NJ just come off a 15 game win streak or something? I won't count them out yet. They are more than capable of winning their next two home games. They were just unlucky last night.
yea, they won the final 11 regular season games, then the 4 against the Rangers. Carolina was one of the best teams all year long... the devils got their act in gear after the all-star break, but didn't really get going until the last month of the season. Top to bottom, Carolina is a better team (who doesn't get the respect they deserve)... NJ was hot, so they were the popular pick. I think last night's game is indicative of the way the series will go... tight and physical, but in the end, Carolina will win. NJ might get a couple of games, but I don't think they'll ever be in position to take over the series.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Any one of the eight teams remaining can win the Cup, which is what makes these playoffs great. There isn't one single team that's head and shoulders above the rest.

Here's hoping the Avs get swept!

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
Should be an interesting semifinals finish! I really am undecided, since Detroit went out, but I think that I will stick with Edmonton to take it over San Jose, But I really don't think they can pull it all the way. Carolina (blech!) is looking really, really good.....

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Man, I don't know what it is this year (perhaps the rule changes???), but the playoffs are soooo exciting to watch. I watched some of the ducks/avs game last night (2 teams that I have exactly zero interest in) and was glued to the tube. Man... the ducks are fast.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
narlus said:
i think of all the major sports, playoff hockey is the best by far to watch.
I guess you have never caught the drama of the Scrabble tournaments they cover on ESPN. Edge of your seat excitement.........

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stevew said:
I guess you have never caught the drama of the Scrabble tournaments they cover on ESPN. Edge of your seat excitement.........
Scrabble is pretty decent, but I MUCH prefer the spelling bees - they are WAAAAAY better!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stevew said:
ESPN2 has been showing paintball tournaments. Nothing beats the excitement of watching guys stand behind objects waiting to be shot.