Quantcast

NHL playoffs

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
tonyhawk said:
sweet! I'm jealous.

wear a ridemonkey shirt so we can all look for you in the crowd shots.
I would, but I don't have a RM Tee...me and some buddies are making up shirts..dunno if your familiar, the big party spot after the game is called Whyte Ave. , my shirt I think is going to say "Shirts off for Samsanov" See if we get some results...:)

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MMcG said:
Was it a good game??
Nah, it was a great game :D

GeoffW said:
I would, but I don't have a RM Tee...me and some buddies are making up shirts..dunno if your familiar, the big party spot after the game is called Whyte Ave. , my shirt I think is going to say "Shirts off for Samsanov" See if we get some results...:)
Heard stories of the wild partying on Whyte, but never been to Edm. Make sure to bring a camera...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jenn and I caught part of it at the bar and man, people were screaming. Sounded like being in a New England bar during a Red Sox playoff game.

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Game last night..decent at times, hopefully it's only first game shivers..unfortunately, Edmonton is done, Roloson is out for the remainder of the series. I watched Cam Ward when he came ot of the WHL up here, the guy is pretty much unflappable, Edmonton doesn't have a goalie to match him anymore.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WTF....I thought Edmonton was supposed to have this awesome, suffocating defense? If the defense is so good, how the christ do you blow a three goal lead!? Friggin Whalers.

That penalty shot goal by Chris Pronger was pretty sweet though.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Is that true... is Roloson out??? That's too bad. I don't much care about either team, but I was looking forward to a good series.

It sucks that the canes won on a mishandled puck by the backup tender. I know you are going to get garbage goals like that every now and again... but the timing really hurt.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
Is that true... is Roloson out??? That's too bad. I don't much care about either team, but I was looking forward to a good series.
Yeah but the Edmonton defense is sooooo good, they can still win with the backup goaltender.

:rolleyes:

Or so I've heard.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah but the Edmonton defense is sooooo good, they can still win with the backup goaltender.

Or so I've heard.

hehe... regardless, I think both teams are strong enough offensively that it's just a matter of time before they get their points. Losing Roloson just means the points will come faster. The question is can the Edmonton offense keep up? Cam Ward isn't one of those goalies who will carry the team... but he is solid behind a good defense.

I had been picking Edmonton in a long series... I think Carolina now has the advantage, assuming Roloson can't come back.

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
jacksonpt said:
hehe... regardless, I think both teams are strong enough offensively that it's just a matter of time before they get their points. Losing Roloson just means the points will come faster. The question is can the Edmonton offense keep up? Cam Ward isn't one of those goalies who will carry the team... but he is solid behind a good defense.

I had been picking Edmonton in a long series... I think Carolina now has the advantage, assuming Roloson can't come back.

Don't be surprised if Cam Ward does carry his team, he's a first class goalie and he proved it in Junior. He can play like that day in - day out. I have my doubts the Edmonton Offsense will keep up, they play to capitalize on opportunities and mistakes made by the other team. They do have the stingiest D in the league, and they didn't show it yesterday.
Odd stat, with Roloson in net, the Oilers give up an average of 35 shots per game, with the other goalies in net, they give fewer shots, but more goals..so, they are more successful when they allo wm ore shots on net..odd...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good Game last night. BrindAmour was awesome, the rest of the Canes came along, but without BrindAmour and Ward they woulda been toast last night.

Damn that guy was awesome on face offs and he was in the right spot at the right time on both of his goals. Yeah they might have looked like gifts but he had to be in that spot to get the puck on his stick like that both times.

Ward's glove saves against Horcoff (at least two amazing ones) were unreal!!!

Good stuff.

Messier needs to work on his on air skills though. C'mon Mark get your act together uup there and stop being so friggin dull. ugh.