NHL playoffs

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I Are Baboon said:
Here's hoping the Avs get swept!
:mumble:

At least they made it to the second round, unlike a certain stoopid team from Detroit :blah:

In other news, my favorite song this week is Hockey Monkey by the Zambonis.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Sharks cannot be beat. They DISMANTLED a very fast predators team without much trouble, and molested their goalie.

jacksonpt said:
Man, I don't know what it is this year (perhaps the rule changes???), but the playoffs are soooo exciting to watch. I watched some of the ducks/avs game last night (2 teams that I have exactly zero interest in) and was glued to the tube. Man... the ducks are fast.
Yep, good game, but I'm not so sure that it was Anaheim playing good hockey as much as Colorado just not playing well. Anaheim is fast for sure and that's where they get their opportunities from. Their goalie finally showed that he's human and let a few go bye.

I think it's going to be a SJ/Anahiem semi with SJ going to the finals. They've got good speed, they're starting to throw the body around and are finally starting to shoot the puck. Now if they'd just quit being so cute on the power play. :mumble:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
man... I watched some of the carolina/nj game last night. NJ is defintely playing sloppy hockey, and Marty isn't at the top of his game right now, but damn the canes are playing great hockey at both ends of the ice. And their goalie is more than solid.

I haven't seen any of buffalo, but I can't see anyone beating carolina the way they are playing right now.

~mud~

Chimp
May 6, 2006
upstate NY
Go Wings! Oh wait, nevermind. :mumble:

It'll be a sad day when Yzerman retires... the kind of character & comittment you can't help but admire.

Have to pull for the local boys now. What a great time of year... hockey and baseball.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
man... the second period last night was great, carolina dominated, but there was constant scoring chances and some good physical (but clean) play. I don't think I've ever seen hockey like that for a solid 10-12 minutes.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
cracked vertibrae.

took it like a big baby though; big complaint; never accepted the apology from Brooks, who hit him (which wasnt all that bad of a hit either). I've kinda lost some respect for him after hearing him speak on the matter. still a good player though, and I'm certain he'll be back next season.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hey, where's Erik Cole been? Is he injured?
yep... been out over a month, just started skating/practicing with the team again. Has a CT scan later this week to see how he's healing.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
I didn't see it but I heard Carolina dominated much more than the 4-3 score indicates.
11-3 in shot over the first 12 or so minutes in the second, with probably 7-8 solid scoring chances in there. I didn't see teh rest of the game though, so I don't know how things played out.

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Giddy up...that was the best game of the series..gonna be pretty tough for the Ducks to come out of that one..check out Ebay..two tix last week were going for $10,600 USD for Game 4!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Edmonton looks like it is on a major roll right now. They could be tough.

Pronger can really bring it with that new Warrior stick he's using right now......damn that guy can fire the puck!! He's scored at least three/maybe more almost identical short side slapshot goals this playoff season beginning with the series against the Red Wings. He just blows it by the goaltenders.

I like the way Michael Peca is playing right now too.

However I'm still rooting for Lindy Ruff and the Sabres!

GO SABRES!!!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jacksonpt said:
Man... what a way to win...

Overtime, last few second of a powerplay, on a trickle goal. :nonono:

c'mon canes!!!
Yeah unfortunately for Carolina it was a 2:00 penalty, not a 1:50 penalty :D

Go Sabres :devil:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Meanwhile, Edmonton just sits back getting more rested and healthier as Buffalo and Carolina kick the snot out of each other for seven games.

Game 7 in the NHL conference finals...it doesn't get much better than that in sports.

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Edmonton and whoever emerges should be a good series. I'm a little concerned that Edmonton might get a little rusty as they haven't had to deal with a layoff this long in the playoffs..hopefully not, I'm going to Game 3!! Apparently, the date for Game 4 is up in the air, Dora the Explorer has a show in Edmonton on the same night as Game 4 and she might give the Stanley Cup Finals the boot...the same thing that happened to Ottawa in Rnd 1...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The rest should help the Oilers recover from that flu bug that ran through the team.

Game 7 between the Canes and Sabres should be a classic (I hope).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:
Why? Can you elaborate?
buffalo goon. who was the other neanderthal the sabres had? as a b's fan from way back, about the only sabre i liked was gil perrault.

plus, he's working really weak facial hair.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
buffalo goon. who was the other neanderthal the sabres had? as a b's fan from way back, about the only sabre i liked was gil perrault.

plus, he's working really weak facial hair.
Are you t hinking of Jim Shchoenfeld as the other Buffalo Goon?

You know I really don't remember much about Ruff's playing days. He has done a good job with his team though - he and Laviolette both have teams that fit well with the new NHL rules. Speed kills!!

I remember the days of the French Connection in Buffalo. Gilbert Pereault, Renee Robert and Richard Martin.

Have you watched any of those Legends of the Games segments on OLN - I'm digging those. :thumb:

I think OLN should just change into the Hockey and Cycling station and screw all the rest of the stuff the put on the air.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
Game 7 in the NHL conference finals...it doesn't get much better than that in sports.
I listen to a lot of sports talk radio... there used to be a guy on during the day who said that game 7 in the stanley cup playoffs was better than sex. I loved his show because he talked a lot of hockey.

Now no one does, and baseball bores me to death most of the time.