Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
You guys are easily offended :brows:
This is my son's bikepark/DH bike. In a desire for a light, relatively cheap and durable bike, I got a pivotal bmx seatpost and saddle. The frame is well done but has a major defect: the back wheel will hit the saddle at full compression even when using a 27.5 rear wheel when the bike is delivered with a 29" wheel...
My son is 13 and a size S frame is borderline too big for him. I had to cut a little of the saddle tube to help get a proper saddle height. I also had to cut the rear of the saddle to make things fit. :panic: more cutting = less weight isn't it?
The saddle height on the picture is the max height for riding to the local bikepark. The seat tube is only 10cm long!
But it works fine and he enjoys riding a lot. I am happy too :D
View attachment 206968
drill it now?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
There's a extral long scre. Under it holding it wilie glue dries ..all I had was longer screws...

The edge will be slightly dug in at bottom of hill so that won't be much as well as plan on sanding it a little more..

That said "if your ass can't hit that small bump before a jump, you get a special helmet and a small yellow bus pass cause your a special kind of rider...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Getting burnished and stained
Make sure you sand it smooth and then lacquer it goood. Like really really thick. Then no chicken wire. And take it lake jumping! Preferably with Maxxis Hookworms on the bike.

*note* side effects may include- mental trauma, physical trauma, death, shenanigans, increased heartbeat, decreased heartbeat, no heartbeat, leprosy, concussion, VD, splinters, bike-body separation, traumatic brain injury, increased desire to wear fanny pack, increased desire to run O-chain, increased desire to argue over e-bikes.

toodles Lake Jumping Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for injury or death

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Make sure you sand it smooth and then lacquer it goood. Like really really thick. Then no chicken wire. And take it lake jumping! Preferably with Maxxis Hookworms on the bike.

*note* side effects may include- mental trauma, physical trauma, death, shenanigans, increased heartbeat, decreased heartbeat, no heartbeat, leprosy, concussion, VD, splinters, bike-body separation, traumatic brain injury, increased desire to wear fanny pack, increased desire to run O-chain, increased desire to argue over e-bikes.

Roughed up a bit , stained for weather proofing and already planned on possible screed for it..

Thought about using oil to coat it , then it's fun wet or dry...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That said "if your ass can't hit that small bump before a jump, you get a special helmet and a small yellow bus pass cause your a special kind of rider...
There's nothing worse than trying to focus on your rotation and hitting a kink right when you're initiating it. That ramp is already 3 kinks in lieu of a transition.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
There's nothing worse than trying to focus on your rotation and hitting a kink right when you're initiating it. That ramp is already 3 kinks in lieu of a transition.
Agreed and now that it's in backyard the lip is pushed in with dirt , the lip is non existent...which is what I stated it's dug in at start...

If I was on a hard tail that might bug me, otherwise it's so minimal and at full height on suspension it will blip over it...

As far as the 3 part flats, I shimmed boards on upper flats at joint it's pretty damn smooth (split difference)..that was my gripe on area 51 ramp. It's so short on a long bike it slams you into face and spits you up and out (which can be kind of fun)..buddy who I got the design from has no issues with same set up.

Was his bag I bought, and he shot me the plans for ramp. He's getting a big flat bag..

Screenshot_20240130_152846_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes I'm trimming palm tree, I already crash through them before...so I'll lop the "Fronds"and keep the junk out of my face.. @rideit lol edited for your correction...still just a death leaf....

20240130_151131.jpg

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Those poky F"ing things..fronze, frawns , frons, frauns...death branches!!!
either way the canary palm makes you bleed when you trim it...like 9" needles...

Made my kid trim it last time so I didn't have too, told me "NO!" This time.... Lol
Re: Any trail-side pokey things, just call them what they are - Death Punji's.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

What about upside down beer bottle caps from half way up the ramp for a bit exfoliating?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
First hit on ramp, first ride on v-10, my kid hit the bag today for his first time..
Ran ramp at bag to see how it hits, then backed off to 6 feet and found run in limits...

Did a whip and didn't straighten out, realized bag grabs tire...got the look of "oh shit!" And headed towards shed..

Landed down off pedals, seat to belly button feet flying behind me and rode off ramp In a superman position..

Plan:
-Make a gate at top of fence and 10 feet more run in
-Put down a tarp on grass where we exit bag to save grass
-Move rocks from side of bag so when I wad up I don't take em out

Bigger plan is put ramp in backyard on one side of fence and gap garbage cans, fence, banana trees and land on bag in front yard..then my run in is long and run out is clear (aside of sago palm)
20240131_123403.jpg
20240131_110857.jpg

Screenshot_20240131_155203_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240131_163839_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240131_163622_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240131_153429_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240131_163518_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I'm not upgrading the hardtail.......
Here's my new Selva.
PXL_20240205_062645255.jpg

I should have checked specs a bit better, seems it's quite a short fork so I might have to bump it up to 150mm.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
that’s the beauty of it, more travel than fox at same axle to crown height. did you get any additional cts yet?
Yeah I want the opposite on a hardtail.
No it has the red one in it, it's only a Selva S so I will get the R air spring as I am too fat for the coils in the S.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@buckoW How do you like those CB pedals? Are they the composite or alloy ones ? I'm thinking of grabbing a set of the composite version, but I'm wondering how they grip compared to Deity Deftraps or the E13 base (my 2 fav composite pedals).
CB stamp composite flats are terrible, big axle bulge. CB Stamp alloys have been good for me on my trail and DH bikes.

Edit:
For large platforms in composite I like the wahwah2's.

Last edited: