Quantcast

My Sol Vista Crash on film...

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Hey guys check out my crash from sol vista national champs. this happened on friday and set me out for about a month. i got very lucky and did not damage anything...

sorry im having a hell of a time trying to get the video to work in the thread itself. not sure how to do it...

video:

picture:

Last edited:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
doesn't look that gnarly but the result is err.... disturbing ^^ :eek:

and i really hope you are aware of the proven ridemonkey fact that if you had a bike with a proper head angle that crash could've been avoided?? :rofl:

Last edited:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
dude you got real lucky. did you hit any of those trees or just make it around them?
hit most of those tree, i cliped a cut down tree sticking into the course with my pelvis. walking sucked!

I must thank momma dukes for making me drink my milk when i was a little kid lol.

Andy Becker crashed seconds before i crashed, i actually seen him crashing as i was coming up to the jump. freaky!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Damn, dude, that lookied rough. What did you atually do to your knee? Looks similar to what my leg looked like after I blew up the prepatellar bursa at Diablo- just floods the area with fluid and looks pretty ridiculous. Didn't take much of a hit to do it either.

I think it took me about a month to get most of my range of motion back. I still can't feel the top of my left knee.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
What was the damage exactly to your knee? Did it dislocate or was it just the impact that did that?

Glad to hear it's all good now!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Im pretty sure my knee hit the ground pretty hard. pretty stoked i was wearing pants with knee pads, the pants keep the pads in place during a crash.

jrodgers, same thing happen to me, my knee was full of fluid/blood. boy did it hurt when the doc stuck the needle under my knee cap to get all the blood out. it took me more than a month to get full range of motion back on my knee. it took about 3-4 weeks before i was back on the bike tho.

but in doctors terms, i had a "hematoma".

JimLad

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
Whistler
Heh, that was an "oh ****" moment when you go off the lip and have not got enough speed to make the tranny :eek:

Good to hear no permanent damage

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
that was a good view of the "oh-god-just-crashed everything-hurts scooting-around-on-my-hands-because-I-don't-think-my-legs-work" moment

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
that was a good view of the "oh-god-just-crashed everything-hurts scooting-around-on-my-hands-because-I-don't-think-my-legs-work" moment
haha yeaa... good thing i edited it. i dont think anyone would want to see the next 20 seconds of the video.

theBigHeezy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2006
Salt Lake $hitty, UT
but in doctors terms, i had a "hematoma".
i had one of those a couple years ago right on the front of my quad that restricted my range of motion for 2 months.

and i picked this one up at ste-anne at the quebec cup in early july. i still have a lump in my back from it. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2511/3740364507_be68f5e940_o.jpg

hematomas take for ever to break down. but its always nice knowing how lucky you are and that it could be worse. especially when your sitting on the side of the trail like that, wondering what you effed up now.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
That jump was pretty brutal, under normal circumstances it probably wouldn't have been that bad, but with as dusty and blown out as the run in was it made it umm scary.

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Heh, that was an "oh ****" moment when you go off the lip and have not got enough speed to make the tranny :eek:

Good to hear no permanent damage
when you hit the lip it froze for a second cause our internet here sucks and at that moment i was like "Oh ****! he's gonna case!" out loud. It has to be the worst feeling ever! Unfortunate it had to end in injury though..

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Damn dude you ate it pretty wicked bro... You def looked like you were ripping that course up to that point though... Nice Vid what do you have Go Pro cam or somethng else.. I tell you I used the same knee guards and Fed my my knee pretty good diff type of crash but since I went to a more moto style guard like I use the TLD Lopes and I smashed my knee pretty good at P kill like 4 weekends ago and they protected my knee totally my seperated shoulder different story... You got lucky brotha

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
when you hit the lip it froze for a second cause our internet here sucks and at that moment i was like "Oh ****! he's gonna case!" out loud. It has to be the worst feeling ever! Unfortunate it had to end in injury though..
yep it happens on your first run up on a 25 foot hip double. and on top of it it makes it even worse seeing the guy in front of you caseing it as your pedaling into it. not good.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Buc Nasty was a pretty nasty course, wasn't it? You were looking pretty good right up to it! On my race run my left foot came unclipped on a rock before that jump. I couldn't get it back in, I thought I was going to die doing it with one foot clipped in.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
That video gave me the exact bad feeling that I have when I'm about to crash hard.. No fun!

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
You looked pinned as all hell up until you actually hit the jump, did you mess something up beforehand or was it just that hard to actually get the speed? Freakin nasty crash at any rate.

Oh also to get the video to embed, use the Vimeo tags but only the number after the .com part, ie [ vimeo] 7235232 [ /vimeo].

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
You looked pinned as all hell up until you actually hit the jump, did you mess something up beforehand or was it just that hard to actually get the speed? Freakin nasty crash at any rate.

Oh also to get the video to embed, use the Vimeo tags but only the number after the .com part, ie [ vimeo] 7235232 [ /vimeo].
socket, i wrote in a post earlier that as i was rolling into the jump i could see andy becker jr x rider getting bucked and flipping over the bars on the landing. pretty sure thats where i went wrong i was watching him and not paying attention to what i was doing. so needless to say he broke his collar bone and we both got taken down in a truck bed. sweeeeeeet!

thanks for the heads up on vimeo thing ill be posting more videos soon!

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Yuroshek, so, You kinda was lucky ;) I also run soft knee pads and sometimes I think what would happen if... now, I know... but I don't rip courses like You do ;)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Damn Dennis, that looks painfull. Glad to hear your knee injury isnt worse though, I still dont have full motion in my right knee from my crash over six months ago, and still have pain when I move the wrong way, I was hoping when I went in, they would tell me I cruhed a bursa, but no.... Bruised the tib and femur with a tear in teh meniscus. Your landing looked alot like mine did, guess the injury is all in the luck of the draw as you tumble. Glad yours didnt come out like mine.

You going to be at the November Challenge???

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Holy knee swelling! Wow.

So nothing really damaged internally?

Heal up quick man.
nope no damage besides in my wallet, paid all that money to drive from jersey to Colorado for the champs race and crash out in practice.

im all healed, that happened in july. just finally got a new comp so i put a video together!:thumb: