Quantcast

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
edit: one other thing to add...

For those of you who have a problem with hunting, but still eat meat... I view it as the passing the buck approach. There's no blood on your hands, so why should you care, right? Kinda hypocritical if you ask me. You want to reap the benefits of slaughtering an animal, yet you want nothing to do with the slaughtering and butchering of it.
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::cheers:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Anyways, That sucks about the leg bro, I remember that tumble well. You landed at My wifes feet. I saw it, and of coarse tried putting it out of my head, and DJ starts asking about you, and Chris tells him how is was compound fracture ETC..... While I am in teh start gate.....Hope someday there will be a way it can heal better.

P.S. I came across the Pre op picture the other day, gives me shivers every time I have seen it.
yeah doc says there's a chance I could re-grow the cartilage I need but odds are against me. I'm working on it though and hope to be walking normal again within a year thanks for asking...D

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
I'm not opposed to it but it would have to be with a weapon that I made with my own 2 hands...D
You need a long bow out of Yew wood ,and as far as the butchering part I must be wacko (I could not spell psycho path) ,because when I butcher my animals ,my mouth waters and I get hungry just looking at the tasty cuts of meat ,I`am getting from my hard work and the beautyfull animal that was put here on earth :shocked::shocked:

Monkey
For those of you who have a problem with hunting, but still eat meat... I view it as the passing the buck approach. There's no blood on your hands, so why should you care, right? Kinda hypocritical if you ask me. You want to reap the benefits of slaughtering an animal, yet you want nothing to do with the slaughtering and butchering of it.
:cheers:

must...spread...rep...

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
So i just got done pulling a dead 6 point buck out of my ****ing swimming pool. . . depressing/disgusting. At least if a friendly neighborhood hunters had popped him, somebody would have gotten dinner out of the deal.

Now he's in our lower field waiting for the vultures and the bears to catch a wiff.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
yeah doc says there's a chance I could re-grow the cartilage I need but odds are against me. I'm working on it though and hope to be walking normal again within a year thanks for asking...D
good luck with that man...ive been waiting for the cartilage to grow back in my eblow for 10 years...its sounds like my elbow is grinding away constantly at my other bones

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So i just got done pulling a dead 6 point buck out of my ****ing swimming pool. . . depressing/disgusting. At least if a friendly neighborhood hunters had popped him, somebody would have gotten dinner out of the deal.

Now he's in our lower field waiting for the vultures and the bears to catch a wiff.
we had a deer impale itself on our 6' wrought iron fence trying to jump over it..it smelled fantastic after we realized it was there...the bears and other aminals got to it fast

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
My student (who happens to be a veterinarian) came through big time:

Goodie bag:

Loot:

Summer sausage, summer sausage with cheese and jalapenos, "slim jims" w/ cheese and jalapenos, and bratwurst w/cheese. :drool:

Deer was his 13yo sons 1st deer and a 10pt to boot. Missouri had a new rule this season that you couldn't shoot a buck with less than 4pts on one antler.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I love her...

If it wasn't for her, this entire thread would be a waste.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Who does that heavily endowed Robin Hood belong to?

Want to bargain?

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
and he sure is a bruiser!

Did the deer have a gun? Imagine if deers had guns? How many hunters do you think would be still hunting?

Hunting, LOL. What a NO_SKILL sport. Remember too. Karma is a bitch and it will come a knocking. You will feel the pain you inflicted on that animal. Good luck to you bub :plthumbsdown:

Sausage rules - FISWG (pronounced FISI WIG) FRIED INTESTINE STUFFED WITH GARBAGE :drool:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Did the deer have a gun? Imagine if deers had guns? How many hunters do you think would be still hunting?
The same number that are hunting now. Deer don't have opposable thumbs, or digits with any kind of dexterity for that matter. Even if they did, they still don't have the level of cognitive thinking required to operate a firearm.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I thought of this thread while staring at the 150+ wild elk that were grazing on my mom's property over thanksgiving. :drool:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Wow. I can't believe I read this entire moronic thread. I have the following to add:

-If hunting were easy, it would be called "finding".
I still stand by my assertion that deer are not hard to find...Maybe your bullet needs to go 55 MPH with some lights on it, it seems to work for me.

-With hunting, while the animal has no physical weapon for self defense, it has a much better chance of survival than a herd of cattle in a pen, who are then lined up on a conveyor belt, rendered unconscious with a pneumatic slug (ever see "No Country for Old Men"?), then are hung up and lacerated to bleed to death. Deer might not have knives or guns, but they've got a sense of hearing many times better than a human, and can outrun even the fastest human.
Um...herds of cattle aren't meant to survive? I thought they were supposed to be killed? So deer can outrun humans...You ever run a deer down and slit his throat open? I would actually have respect for that hunting technique instead of sitting in a blind covered in deer piss.

-The human species didn't get to the top of the food chain by eating just berries and nuts and vegetables. We learned to adapt, we learned to survive, we learned to use tools. I have nothing against those who are vegetarian, but when groups like PETA and all the associated crazies get up in arms over those of us who want to stay on top of the food chain, I really wish they would just STFU, and go back to living in caves and flinging poo at each other. That's where we'd probably be if we didn't assert our dominance over other animals by eating them. <this comment is meant to be taken with a grain of organic, gluten free salt>
Exactly why I call BS on most peoples reason for hunting (Most) Because all I see is an assertion of dominance.

"Oh yeah, I'm going to get a gun and kill me an animal, A defenseless cute one at that." I think if you hunt, you should hunt something that has a good chance of killing you too, like a bear. That way if you get eaten, at least there will be one less annoying gun person around.

-With hunting, as with any sport, there's always going to be a few people at the extremes who create the stereotypes. Very rarely will you actually see a good hunter, because that's kinda the point. [Yea I could get technical here about rules regarding coloration and safety, but I hope everyone will get the point].
Valid point.

edit: one other thing to add...

Eh not really. I see hunting as one of those things that was once nessacary but not so much anymore. You always have those people that say "When the **** hits the fan, how will you provide for yourself? well, if the **** hits the fan,

A)We will probably be dead, because when **** really goes wrong, i have to believe nukes will be used.

B) So said **** does hit the fan, how long are all of you bullets going to last? Then what happens when you are out., You refill your bullets what happens when no black powder is around?

Second thought: I eat meat, but don't slaughter it. I buy it. Same goes for the fruits and veggies and other products I buy. Too all of the hunters here that made the point of knowing where your food comes from do you grow all of your own fruits and veggies too? Or do you pass on that because they don't scream that gratifying scream when you kill them. Do you go in the woods to pick berrys because that's what we USED to have to do to survive?

Just curious. :bonk:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Let me add something to try to redeem this again.

and

I try to help

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@chico:

you're making the assumption here that all hunting is done with guns. I know in Pennsylvania, deer season is a few months longer if you're using a bow. Bow hunting is substantially more difficult than rifle/shotgun hunting.

In regards to the cattle comment, they aren't kept in herds because they're the tastiest animal most people want to eat. They're kept in herds because they're stupid and hence allow themselves to be herded in the manner they are. And when it comes to raising enough animals to support a population the size that the world now holds, hunting just ain't gonna cut it. Several hundred years ago, meat was still somewhat of a luxury item, and you couldn't go down to the corner McDonald's for a $0.99 cheesburger.

And I haven't brought up the "sh*t hitting the fan argument" because its a stupid one.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Hunting, LOL. What a NO_SKILL sport.
How many hunters look at mountain biking and say; What a no skill sport. I am not a hunter but I know it takes skill and knowledge to hunt deer. Provided you are not one of those people who pile a bunch of food in the woods for months then sit and wait for the deer to come to dinner one day.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way

I have absolutely no qualms with hunting, hell I grew up in a family of hunters, I've dropped a few and I have a couple trophies on the wall at my parents house, and now I'm married to a family of hunters. I have more respect for hunters then I do the meat processors. I eat meat and fish, I'm on the top when it comes to the food chain, sorry, but thats a fact!

Ever since I have gotten out of the Army and spent 2 combat tours, I have had a hard time pulling the trigger. I have had some nice bucks dead to right in the scope, but just couldn't pull the trigger. I spoke with my uncle who was also a Ranger, but in Vietnam, and i asked him why I couldn't do it. I mean after all, he was always at the farm for opening day. He told me that he goes out every year and only once did he ever take a shot (he got it to), and he said he had plenty of opportunities to drop them, but he said that once we have experienced "hunting" the ultimate pray, hunting animals just didn't provide the "rush" that he did before we went into combat. So I still go out with my brother in-law, but haven't taken a shot. I will admit that I have been dropping a few hogs on our neighbors property, but that's for population control, they absolutely will destroy the crops, so anything that threatens someones livelihood is fair game in my book.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ha, people are still arguing that hunting is wrong, and that it is easy. To everyone that belives hunting deer is eay, try it. Deer are not stupid, when you go looking for deer in places where hunting is allowed, good luck seeing them. go somewhere people dont hunt, they dont fear humans, and you will see them regularly.

When I have hunted, I have ALWAYS been at ground level, no tree stands, no waiting in hiding, go out, track the animal, and make a clean shot. Humans are on top of the food chain, get over it.

Oh and the comment about the black powder, learn your guns, most guns are not using black powder. BUT black powder, smokeless slow burn, whatever, its actually not toohard to make, and neither is loading your own shells, nor is melting your own projectiles.