Quantcast

Monday, Monday

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Nice to hear! Does not seem to be a lot of them available but I am not in a hurry and looking at different options. They have moved to 130mm and beefer fork for 2023 which to me seems like a good choice.
I actually took of that fork and put a 120 Sid on. But for my local riding it is perfect. I’ve ridden my buddies spur back to back with the fuel. Very similar feel.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I actually took of that fork and put a 120 Sid on. But for my local riding it is perfect. I’ve ridden my buddies spur back to back with the fuel. Very similar feel.
i will say this, i have noticed a number of world cup racers in XCO events on the 34 step cast rather than a 32. didn't Scott also bump the spark to 120mm for the pure race models? I swear other brands have done that too.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i missed a week, did insurance total your car after the second theft?
No. I got checks for repairs, then sold it as-was. I netted more than a pre-theft trade-in value, but a bit less than street value. The sale was quick and easy so it was worth the time savings. Now I’m rolling a sage green Volvo XC40.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The normal big brands but shops never have any bikes in stock that I would buy and no test options. Not very motivating when you are looking to spend 7000-8000 USD. I might just give up and keep riding my old GT.
YT Izzo? Direct to consumer, similar to the Top Fuel and plenty of build/price options. After having set my suspension moar correctly, I can now say it is quite nice. Still be riding it sight unseen, but it's an option for ease of buying I guess.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Four episodes into The Last of Us...the show is better when there are no zombies. Episodes 3 and 4 have been great and there have been no zombies.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Told boss earlier this am about Haley's potential new secondary karting train. You could see the dollar signs in his eyes while we were talking. I know he wanted to talk about my comp conversation, but clearly not after that. I pushed a bunch of extra work he'd had me doing back onto him this am, which he clearly wasn't enthralled about.

Wifey still isn't a huge fan of the idea of travelling nationally, but risk is risk, and that's more of her concern. She used to travel nationally for cheer (natl champion HS team), so she understands it, but still isn't a huge fan of the idea.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ughhh, girlfriend just called and her Tacoma is having issues now. She made a turn at an intersection, tried to accelerate away but the truck just basically did nothing when she gave it some throttle input. She got it pulled over and not sure if she restarted or just put it in manual shift mode + 4wd, but its at least moving now. I told her to ghost ride it into Toyota's parking lot...

So this complicates the plan for kicking tires tonight for me, as I don't really trust my car to be driving all over the city.

Anyways....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ughhh, girlfriend just called and her Tacoma is having issues now. She made a turn at an intersection, tried to accelerate away but the truck just basically did nothing when she gave it some throttle input. She got it pulled over and not sure if she restarted or just put it in manual shift mode + 4wd, but its at least moving now. I told her to ghost ride it into Toyota's parking lot...

So this complicates the plan for kicking tires tonight for me, as I don't really trust my car to be driving all over the city.

Anyways....
Get a basic utilitarian object required for the most basic day to day functions for all of adult life they said....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Anyways....
Not good. Chin up, as it were.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Sent 7 emails and brought up an issue in meetings 2x weekly for the last month, nothing was done about it, parts were ordered, and everybody got pissed because nobody spotted the issue. About to forward all my emails back to purchasing, haven't decided if I should deploy some snark, or all the snark. Probably all the snark right?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Get a basic utilitarian object required for the most basic day to day functions for all of adult life they said....
The Tacoma is pretty basic and utilitarian, for how much it cost. :busted:

The thumbs down part is that this truck is new, it was picked up in 2020. So now we're on whatever problem this is, it took 6 months for them to replace the AC compressor and I want to say there was one other problem with it, but its not coming to my mind at the moment.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sent 7 emails and brought up an issue in meetings 2x weekly for the last month, nothing was done about it, parts were ordered, and everybody got pissed because nobody spotted the issue. About to forward all my emails back to purchasing, haven't decided if I should deploy some snark, or all the snark. Probably all the snark right?
Forward it to your boss, make him do the snark.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey still isn't a huge fan of the idea of travelling nationally, but risk is risk, and that's more of her concern. She used to travel nationally for cheer (natl champion HS team), so she understands it, but still isn't a huge fan of the idea.
thatsashame.gif

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Here. Told boss earlier this am about Haley's potential new secondary karting train. You could see the dollar signs in his eyes while we were talking. I know he wanted to talk about my comp conversation, but clearly not after that. I pushed a bunch of extra work he'd had me doing back onto him this am, which he clearly wasn't enthralled about.

What's her hang up? Other than it requiring significant dedication on your part to make it happen.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Auto racing is dangerous?
Not really, not compared to a whole lot of other sports kids do. The injuries are caused by spectacular crashes that go viral online, but 99.9% of crashes you just walk away from.

In other you sports, like cheer for instance, people get fucked up constantly. My wife was a HS dance/colorguard coach for years and the number of her students who were benched from injuries was insane, concussions, blown out ankles, blown out knees, shit was nuts.

Stoney is going broke, but his kid won't be getting broken in the process.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There appears to have been a fault with a switch or sensor in (on?) the transmission.

Of course they are saying it isn't covered by the powertrain warranty. :rolleyes:
Said warranty describes this....
1675717681247.png

Not sure how a sensor or switch isn't considered as part of the transmission, unless its the shifter assembly, which is not considered as "internal parts"?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
There appears to have been a fault with a switch or sensor in (on?) the transmission.

Of course they are saying it isn't covered by the powertrain warranty. :rolleyes:
View attachment 188850

Not sure how a sensor or switch isn't considered as part of the transmission, unless its the shifter assembly, which is not considered as "internal parts"?
Sounds like it isnt covered cause they don't wanna pay for someone to open up the transmission.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

View attachment 188850

Contact Toyota Canada corporate and open a ticket with them. Maybe pressure from them will force their hand.

/me had all but $100 of a ridiculous $677 (iirc) bill for diagnosis of ultimately just a dead 12V at a Chrysler dealership covered by a check from Chrysler/FCA corporate. Being a PHEV and all the 12V issue caused it to stop running while at freeway speeds, not the usual "can't crank it" business a la my Land Cruiser's dead battery. computers need 12V, who knew

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sounds like it isnt covered cause they don't wanna pay for someone to open up the transmission.
Heads are going to roll if thats the case. This dealership already pulled that jazz when the air conditioning went out on it.

They basically just looked at it and said yep, she just needs some refrigerant and dye just in case its leaking. Not even thirty seconds down the road was it apparent that what they did didn't do jackshit. Took it back and they did a diagnostics scan and magically found that the compressor was stalling or not spinning. LOL like dude come on, we all knew tossing refrigerant wasn't going to fix it.

Will hopefully talk the girlfriend into opening a ticket with Toyota, even just a complaint about the level of service there over the last year. Maybe they just need a nudge like @Toshi suggests.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Heads are going to roll if thats the case. This dealership already pulled that jazz when the air conditioning went out on it.

They basically just looked at it and said yep, she just needs some refrigerant and dye just in case its leaking. Not even thirty seconds down the road was it apparent that what they did didn't do jackshit. Took it back and they did a diagnostics scan and magically found that the compressor was stalling or not spinning. LOL like dude come on, we all knew tossing refrigerant wasn't going to fix it.

Will hopefully talk the girlfriend into opening a ticket with Toyota, even just a complaint about the level of service there over the last year. Maybe they just need a nudge like @Toshi suggests.
Warranty jobs don't pay compared to regular repairs. The dealer doesn't want them, the techs don't want them, the only person who really benefits is the consumer.

If there's even the slightest chance of getting some sucker to pay the full rate, you better believe they are going to make an attempt to say its not covered.

How Warranty repair hours are calculated:

Most manufacturers provide repair time estimates strictly for warranty purposes. The manufacturer will conduct several timed tests for a particular repair, and use the average as the labor time. A brand new vehicle is used for the time study, the technician is trained and experienced, all required tools are at the-ready, and the car is on the hoist, if needed.

In a nutshell, manufacturer-provided labor times are based on ideal conditions that are not reflective of the typical repair scenario in an auto repair shop.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

enclosed trailer/truck in future....or lwb sprinter....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Warranty jobs don't pay compared to regular repairs. The dealer doesn't want them, the techs don't want them, the only person who really benefits is the consumer.

If there's even the slightest chance of getting some sucker to pay the full rate, you better believe they are going to make an attempt to say its not covered.
i forget which brand it is....kia or huyndai....where the mechanic is counting all the warranty replacement engines in the shop...8+ i think....2 brands i will never consider....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i forget which brand it is....kia or huyndai....where the mechanic is counting all the warranty replacement engines in the shop...8+ i think....2 brands i will never consider....
I seem to recall reading or seeing on YouTube a lolz about their 10 year 100K powertrain warranty and how some subset of customers were blowing up engines at 60K, they'd get a new engine and reset their powertrain warranty only to blow up another one 60K later. And on and on. The shops were actually stockpiling engines for that very reason.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I seem to recall reading or seeing on YouTube a lolz about their 10 year 100K powertrain warranty and how some subset of customers were blowing up engines at 60K, they'd get a new engine and reset their powertrain warranty only to blow up another one 60K later. And on and on. The shops were actually stockpiling engines for that very reason.
Hyundai?

I think @boogenman has some first hand experience with that..