Quantcast

Monday, Monday

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Started shopping for a new bike. I really like the Trek Top Fuel but damn I am getting some crappy service from the official Trek store up the road from where I live. No test rides are possible of course. I have a bike so I am not in a hurry to let go of my dollars/euros/kroners.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Knives sharpened, cutting board repaired, household mostly maintained. Wife is still iffy, so I'll have to try and hold things down with the baby plus work today.

Forecast: FAIL!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MORNING. Work from home day. Still nursing a sore keester muscle but will take it for a run in a little while, then pedal the kickr this afternoon. Wife and I have a pistol permit class tonight, which is needed before Wife can accept a "present" that her dad bought her. :clue: Since wife needs the class, I figured I might as well take it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I finally broke out the sewing machine I bought a couple months back and sewed up the curtains for the windshield on Frita. I got a flexible track that I have a plan for mounting. I am very glad I took the intro sewing class, it helped a lot. But I am a little disappointed in my fancy machine vs the old school setup I used in class. But it should work well enough.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

At work for first time in.....?

Didn't get out to go kick some tires yesterday, due to day long headache. blargh. Will retry tonight.

Drove the car to work, with the oil light on. Gives me the heebie jeebies, but we know its making oil pressure...so... :confused::dead:

Anyways, coffee'ing it now.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Started shopping for a new bike. I really like the Trek Top Fuel but damn I am getting some crappy service from the official Trek store up the road from where I live. No test rides are possible of course. I have a bike so I am not in a hurry to let go of my dollars/euros/kroners.
A Top Fuel is what I wound up with. I’m a fan.

In other news. Work still sucks, coffee is still hot and I need to poop.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

At work for first time in.....?

Didn't get out to go kick some tires yesterday, due to day long headache. blargh. Will retry tonight.

Drove the car to work, with the oil light on. Gives me the heebie jeebies, but we know its making oil pressure...so... :confused::dead:

Anyways, coffee'ing it now.
How you doing health wise? Is the kidney stone situation resolved?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Knives sharpened, cutting board repaired, household mostly maintained. Wife is still iffy, so I'll have to try and hold things down with the baby plus work today.

Forecast: FAIL!
Look at that. Barely cracked 9am and I'm already doing the baby/laptop juggle. FAIL level at 100%.

Adding to that, there's some construction equipment going outside and the reverberations are enough to make me nauseous.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
How you doing health wise? Is the kidney stone situation resolved?
I'm doing well now :thumb: I assume the kidney stone is gone now due to lack of discomfort. I have a followup call with a urologist tomorrow, so we'll see.

January was just a cluster fack, with one thing after another happening. I think the biggest toll its taken has been on mine and the girlfriend's mental state. But we're both coming around now. And spring is hopefully not too far out. :)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Great ride in warm temps yesterday, finally feeling like I click with the new bike. Today is graybird and snowing lightly. Gonna try and get all the interior trim done in the Bong Shed™ tonight or tomorrow.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You get the new link mounted and rolling?
I assume this was directed at me, and the answer is that I have not. Not sure what it is, but I'm digging it. I did take a couple months mostly off the bike, started getting back to it last week. I think that break might have helped me disconnect the comparison mentality I was having with the previous bike, and start embracing the new one for what it's strengths are. And I'm just getting used to the slightly twitchier ahem... moar nimble feel of the bike.

I am still quite curious to get the link installed and see how it changes the feel of the bike.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Day 2.5 of kids solo. Successfully brought them to swim lessons without any drowning yesterday. 5 loads of laundry done, closet/piles of clothes (wife's) cleaned up and organized. Finished the day yesterday with 22mi on the trainer. Got both to school on time today.

Fucking crushing it. #whoneedsher

pleasecomebacksoon

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Also ordered a new jacket for pickup at the store near the train station where I'll be picking up wife Thursday. $175 credit + 10% off email signup coupon = $100 out of pocket for a much nicer jacket. Me = happy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Day 2.5 of kids solo. Successfully brought them to swim lessons without any drowning yesterday. 5 loads of laundry done, closet/piles of clothes (wife's) cleaned up and organized. Finished the day yesterday with 22mi on the trainer. Got both to school on time today.

Fucking crushing it. #whoneedsher

pleasecomebacksoon
wife on a business trip?