Quantcast

Is Lance finally busted?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Not true.

This is all coming up in a Federal investigation, not a SI article.

The Feds are going after Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, and even if they get off, their reputations are ruined as well as their pocketbooks.

But I think the case against Lance is much stronger than Bonds because all of his associates are testifying. Bonds' trainer has kept his mouth shut and has done months in jail for contempt of court.
Bonds is an idiot, he should have fessed up to it like Giambi did.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I have a friend 5-10, 275, bodybuilder, he dopes, he struggles to get over 300lbs even with the help of dope and an incredible appetite for food.
lol that's because humans aren't supposed to be 5'10" 300lb and built like a brick. No one makes those kind of numbers without the juice.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
lol that's because humans aren't supposed to be 5'10" 300lb and built like a brick. No one makes those kind of numbers without the juice.
Yes I know this, my point was even on a steady diet of the needle and the roidz and incredible amounts of food everyday he is unable to get over 300lbs very easily.

Everyone has a genetic limit, no matter how much food you eat, you can only build so much muscle. Sure, you can get to 500lbs by eating more, but I think the point is to try and stay somewhat lean in the process.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The Lance Speaks said:
"Great to hear that USADA is investigating some of SI's claims. I look forward to being vindicated."
Curious if he will so cocky when the Feds, who have subpoena power, complete their investigation...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Everyone has a genetic limit, no matter how much food you eat, you can only build so much muscle. Sure, you can get to 500lbs by eating more, but I think the point is to try and stay somewhat lean in the process.
A 16-inch bicep is pretty unlikely to be at the genetic limit for anyone.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Yes I know this, my point was even on a steady diet of the needle and the roidz and incredible amounts of food everyday he is unable to get over 300lbs very easily.

Except you cant have both. You're either doing 500lbs and you look like grizzly bear or your lean/cut doing half of that.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Gawd was BIGHITR a effing wierdo.
Is he back as someone else, or did he just leave? On a somewhat related note while searching for BIGHITR, I was amazed how many "members" there are with zero posts.

(They're all bots, waiting to take this place over, man! :tinfoil:)

I feel bummed out for armstrong- I think someone asked why go after the winners only.
I think Lebowski sums it up better than I can:
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I feel bummed out for armstrong- I think someone asked why go after the winners only. I would guess that if you make an example out of the one that is benefitting the most from it, you'll discourage doping (or simply increase the sophistication of the trade).
why?

1) cheat
2) get caught
3) face consequences

step 2 is taking longer than normal because lance was/is better funded than many others and was able to cover his tracks better.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
permabanned.
Yes but how could you tell it was Bighitr instead of one of the many other people with two Kingfishers, a Charlie Sheen obsession and a victim complex.

Back OT - Revoking LA tour victories would be silly since there is no one to give them to who hasn't been similarly charged. You might as well put an asterisk by them and label him the fastest of the dopers. I'm sure ten time tour winner Greg Lemond has a different idea.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007

I think the there is the question of what is gray area/technically not cheating, also the norm within the sport, etc. I don't condone it, but it appears that most are somewhere are on the continuum, much like body builders. The movie Bigger, Stronger, Faster definately makes it less black and whate (for me at least) Good movie, anyway.

...man I'm having a hell of a time editing my posts today!

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So will this turn into a big legal deal like the baseball doping stuff where all the baseball Dopey Dopertons were facing jail time for lying to the grand jury.....or something?

That would be HIGH-larious if Lance went to jail

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
So will this turn into a big legal deal like the baseball doping stuff where all the baseball Dopey Dopertons were facing jail time for lying to the grand jury.....or something?

That would be HIGH-larious if Lance went to jail
The government dropped its investigation. Maybe they could pick it up again?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm guessing the majority of Tour racers are guilty of doping. Lanthh is just the fastest of them.

Would be curious to know though if he doped the following year after Wiensy handed him his ass in Leadville some years ago.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I wonder if he banged Sheryl Crow while he was doping? Maybe she should seek some level of retribution for all the times he couldn't finish the job.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
He's like the John Gotti or Bill Clinton of Cycling. Things might stick to him, but it won't be of consequence as we love him still for beating those horrid Frenchies!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I don't think they can/should strip him of his titles, but I would honestly love to not have to hear about his pseudo-celebrity ever again. Get famous, ditch your wife, start a foundation that spams google with useless articles....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think the there is the question of what is gray area/technically not cheating, also the norm within the sport, etc. I don't condone it, but it appears that most are somewhere are on the continuum, much like body builders. The movie Bigger, Stronger, Faster definately makes it less black and whate (for me at least) Good movie, anyway.
yea, i recognize that there's a gray area, but its somewhat of a technicality. that area resides between what the WADA/UCI is aware of and has banned, and the new PED's they're not yet aware of / haven't developed a reliable test for. It's like computer hackers, those looking to game the system are always going to be a few steps ahead of those writing the rules. Just because a substance isn't banned (yet) doesn't mean its not doping/cheating.