Quantcast

Is it Saturday? Ya, I think it’s Saturday.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I used to ride my road bike on dirt roads all the time, would even do laps at the lame
"dirt drops have been a staple of grinding for decades"

:rofl:

They just invented that like 10 years ago as a way to laugh at roadies on dirt roads
They just used to be called touring bikes. Then everyone decided they needed super stiff super aero race bikes so they could shave 3 seconds off a lap around their gated community. Those things are barley tolerable on pristine asphalt let alone a surface that may have a pebble on it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Then everyone decided they needed super stiff super aero race bikes so they could shave 3 seconds off a lap around their gated community. Those things are barley tolerable on pristine asphalt let alone a surface that may have a pebble on it.
exactly

and hence a new MARKET was born, not a new activity

Everyone knows bicycles were created long before asphalt

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
GRINDING is specifically a new activity that you have to buy all new clothes for, a new bike for, and a totally brand new definitely never seen before race format that you need to leave the dental office for, drive 4 hours into the mountains, and then break your fragile bike so you have to buy another one that you can brag about when back in the dental office on mtbr.com
Yeah, well, you are right. Rapha was not invented at the time, so these bars don't count as prior art.