Quantcast

Is it Saturday? Ya, I think it’s Saturday.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Almost got the storage box all built, waiting for the glue to dry before I start welding the cage around it. Totally forgot about the grey water tank, so I will need to buy more angle iron for that. But I will wait and see how much scrap I have left first. Feeling a serious time crunch as I might have a week before I start the new gig.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Taking high school kids out to the trails so they can install trail signage. They've got community service hours to burn and they wanna sign the trails. Cool beans

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have had a lingering cold since Wednesday which is zapping energy. Should have been out on the bike in beautiful conditions after the storm that swept through yesterday :rant:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
BY Revive's oil is all over the bike and floor because I am le dumb. It needed a cartridge service anyway, the oil smells very fishy, too. What a stench. :bad:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran 5.6 miles this morning and won food for it. One raffle ticket for every half mile loop completed in 40 minutes. They kept pulling my tickets for winners and I stopped taking stuff after the fourth win. Now I'm about to hop on the kickr for an easy spin.

F4PXRk1SUZingykjZX9onHzwB3SOHWBkkq5fyaUdPb4-2048x1201.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
now eldest kid has a fever as of last night and this morning

so I'm going skiing, natch

:D

(I shall tend to said eldest kid and still-coughing Baby Aya. Wife and middle child shall be seeing Avatar 2 in the theater this afternoon, since that's a movie that really benefits from 3-D and the huge screen, imo.)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
can not decide if i want another bed or a mission style recliner....

i slept so well in my brothers over the weekend...
We got ours shortly after we bought the house, so it's about 10 years old. My wife needs something more supportive after the accident so we got a tempurpedic through Costco. We slept on a firm supportive mattress on vacation and she didn't have any back pain so that was the decision maker.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
We got ours shortly after we bought the house, so it's about 10 years old. My wife needs something more supportive after the accident so we got a tempurpedic through Costco. We slept on a firm supportive mattress on vacation and she didn't have any back pain so that was the decision maker.
worst part of vacation....wore out mattresses....90 percent of the time i have to slide myself off the end of the bed onto my knees and then unkink my back and stand up..

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I love the new foam matresses. Plus with the mail order ones you never have to set foot in a mattress store again. We have one in the master plus each kid has one off Amazon. Great mattresses though the kids’ get hot

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Am about to get in the car to head to the hospital. Wife relieved me late last night and I headed home, stopped by Burger King and continued on, shoveling $14 of what may have been a cheeseburger into my face as I tried to drive safely back to the house. Had a shower beer then a great nights sleep. Tried to relax and clean this morning before I depart. Packing is weird, I know what I need to keep myself and the kid entertained, but I also have no idea what I need.

kid seems to be improving. I will not show the diaper he had to wear as most of you will die, but the bleeding seems to have stopped. He has no intusseption so I think that’s good? Sometimes it’s better to have a problem to fix other than ???? and rest. Probably at least another night in the hospital but no idea how much longer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Am about to get in the car to head to the hospital. Wife relieved me late last night and I headed home, stopped by Burger King and continued on, shoveling $14 of what may have been a cheeseburger into my face as I tried to drive safely back to the house. Had a shower beer then a great nights sleep. Tried to relax and clean this morning before I depart. Packing is weird, I know what I need to keep myself and the kid entertained, but I also have no idea what I need.

kid seems to be improving. I will not show the diaper he had to wear as most of you will die, but the bleeding seems to have stopped. He has no intusseption so I think that’s good? Sometimes it’s better to have a problem to fix other than ???? and rest. Probably at least another night in the hospital but no idea how much longer.
Hope the kid feels better.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@jonKranked and @stevew take a look at Saatva mattress if you really want a firm bed. I need something slightly softer than the floor for my back and their firm is the shit. Feels like sleeping on a bed and not in one.
The tempurpedic is already in place but thanks for the advice. She needs something supportive, which just happened to be firm. We got the adjustable base along with it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Been looking at gravel bikes :ban:

Don’t think I trust myself to not do sketchy shit on an XC bike, but need a new road bike anyway and kinda want to ride more fire roads around here. This is a stupid idea, right?
What makes you think you won't do dumb stuff on the gravel bike? :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh, finished the unplanned dropper overhaul & put the bike together. Probably for the better as I would have wrecked with a sticking dropper otherwise. Now let's see if I can sneak out for a shakedown ride.

Also, now I am hungry for some raspberry Pączki :drool: :drool: :drool: