Quantcast

I broke my neck.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
So I pulled a @mandown. Crushed my C6 but was walking around for two days before getting an X-ray. It happened towards the end of the day on Sunday in Santa Cruz. Went home and got X-ray Monday. Fast forward and got admitted Tuesday night. It’s insane I can still walk. It was just fast, a little of line, and got slapped like a $2 hooker.

Crappy situation, but I should be able to pull out and be fully functional. Had spinal fusion surgery on Thursday. Don’t take anything for granted boys and girls. And wear a helmet.

Attachments

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Do not try it now.

Glad you're still a semi-functional member of society, same as the rest of us.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I just fell on my back after attempting to wheelie (even after checking the brake). It only hurts when I breathe.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Meh, no worries, that'll buff out.

Quite pleased you stayed on the correct side of the dirt.

Hope your have a totally uneventful recovery.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
For those that know the area, we were shuttling jugs. That was my first time riding, but it was like the 10th lap. I can’t even begin to wrap my head around the chain of events. We even drove home to SoCal. I was walking around with a crushed C6 for two days and went into work for a half day. It could have been bad at any time. I truly believe the Smith helped save my life. I think I’ll send them some pics. I have gopro of the crash. I’ll get it posted when I can. Those on Instagram it’s posted there. @randomfabrication

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The important question, did the hospital have to install more shimz in your neck to replace the crushed one?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fuuuuuuu. Yup, glad you're 'ok'. I had a similar nearly disastrous crash that wrecked my helmet. Those things are amazing. And so are our bodies. I hope your recovery is quick and full. But definitely take it easy, we ain't getting any younger...