Quantcast

I broke my neck.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I'm in the same boat for sure. I got endoed into a tree, head first, at speed, during a DH race run. Wrapped around the tree backwards and almost kicked myself in the back of the head. Everything just slowed down and I could hear a lot of popping and cracking which I thought was my vertebrae. Somehow only ended up with a fractured clavicle, concussion, and pulled chest muscles. So lucky it wasn't way worse. That crash really made me reconsider the whole DH racing thing.
That’s so scary! Life can take an F’ed up turn in a heartbeat. Glad you were ok, I stopped racing DH in 2006. Tore my ACL trying to keep up with a 21 year old when I was 48. Now I just ride at the pace I’m comfortable with. It’s all about having fun with nothing to prove, followed by post ride food & beer!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm in the same boat for sure. I got endoed into a tree, head first, at speed, during a DH race run. Wrapped around the tree backwards and almost kicked myself in the back of the head. Everything just slowed down and I could hear a lot of popping and cracking which I thought was my vertebrae. Somehow only ended up with a fractured clavicle, concussion, and pulled chest muscles. So lucky it wasn't way worse. That crash really made me reconsider the whole DH racing thing.
Wyn Masters almost kicked himself in the back of the head early last season coming of the back of his bike and getting bucked. He found our at the end of the season he'd cracked vertebrae during that crash and had ridden the whole season afterwards. YT or Instagram of it somewhere.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Same as above, hope you can get loaded up on HGH & magic Adrian Peterson 'roids and heal up quick like. Similar to the Grumpy Ring Slinger, I basically had a car wreck on a DH track last September, such that it felt like I got bent completely backwards. Broke my collar bone, pulled the fuck out a bunch of back muscles and separated my shoulder (which still bothers me a little). Fortunately didn't bonk my melon or compress my neck, but I felt very fortunate that I didn't get worked in that way.

Again, I'm glad you're "OK", as I really do like the gifs you post :thumb:

Last edited: