Quantcast

Home shops

Nov 29, 2006
grad. i lived in los osos most of the time. wwwaaayyy better than anywhere near campus.
Beaverbiker didn't live in Stonner Glen, but his dad did.

If there is no varnish left on your desk chair you can blame me. They were new chairs when I sat in them.

Poly drop out. Biggest mistake I ever made in my life was dropping out.

Ahh, fond memories, Cal Poly, where men are men and the sheep run scared.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
what's next? a Yamaha Fiat? ;)
This bike is one that my friend gave me to ride for a while and then sell it. I had a 03 636RR. I got rid of after a 80 year old man pulled out in front of my wife and I. It missed me up in the head about riding them really bad. He did this to get me back into riding motorcycles again. Been thinking about something with a more up right feel to it for going to work and back. They say gas is going to be $4 a gallon by mid summer here. Plus I can care less about having a really fast bike anymore.

Looking at:

Or

I like the ride of the KTM the best. Still will have to wait till my wife goes back to work. Soon.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006

just finished getting the 3rd bedroom at the house setup. im pretty pumped with the end result and glad to finally get all my tools up on a board and out of the box. no more fishing for tools. now i just need to get a real shop repair stand to replace the portable park one i have now.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Don't have a garage, a basement, or a separate building but I've got a spare bedroom:

Hey OGR, can you take a better picture of that fancy-dancy bike rack you've got? Soon I'll be moving from my 3br + 2 car garage to a simple 2br place and will need to store my bikes in a more space efficient way.

L

luelling

just finished getting the 3rd bedroom at the house setup. im pretty pumped with the end result and glad to finally get all my tools up on a board and out of the box. no more fishing for tools. now i just need to get a real shop repair stand to replace the portable park one i have now.
Holy sh!t....I'm way too type B for that to be my work area!! What fun is it you can find the actual wrench your looking for?? :) I have to dig for my 5mms

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT

How about a wall mount stand. It wouldn't clutter the floor.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Hey OGR, can you take a better picture of that fancy-dancy bike rack you've got? Soon I'll be moving from my 3br + 2 car garage to a simple 2br place and will need to store my bikes in a more space efficient way.
More pics won't really help. It's an extra large, heavy duty garment rack (like 7 feet high or something, made for wedding gowns and stuff) with very simple metal hooks I made out of overhead pot rack hooks that I picked up at a kitchen place. It's crude but works great, in part because I can slide the hooks around and tuck the bikes in next to one another. This is a great solution as long as you're not too anal about a few scratches from parts making contact.

jhhubb

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
the all mighty 303
Damn high roller you have count em not one but TWO 40's in your shop. I wish I was you.

So I know some of you have some pretty sweet home shops from pics in the past. I am looking for some ideas to finish mine up, it is pretty much a mess right now. Let's see some pics.

Here is my current disaster.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
You guys are making me want to clean up my basement... and tell ghettorigged to get her crap out of there... :think:

But then again... when I was racing, I only used the basement for storage... work was done in my living room in front of the tube... My whole hosue was a bike shop... parts everywhere...

Right now, the garage is full of car parts... anyone want an old Volvo? I'm getting sick of wrenching on cars all the time (we have seven of them...) :disgust1:

(p.s. cool to see you on the board Luc) ;)

tangboy

Chimp
Aug 6, 2002
Fort Myers, Florida

Nice work chief. Still can't seem to find that FAG-2 tool amid all the christmas lighting there guy.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
dont forget the gold ti spindles on the eggbeaters. if youre not going to train, you might as well have a bike that looks fast.