Quantcast

~~Happy F'kin Friday~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Weekend of Softball, Basketball, Horses and maybe some snowboard ahead. I'll be mixing in some painting and hanging window treatments and middle class white guy fo life!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Been listening to this band today. It's funny they're young but they have this cool kinda late 90's throw-back feel, can't quite put my finger on it.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Straight up nothing to do at work today, and the boss is out of the office. So it would appear I'll be doing a whole skid of fuck all today.

On the plus side, I think I'll be riding by bike with my older bro Sunday. So that's pretty neat.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Not a whole lot on my plate today... maybe an interview/talk with a recruiter, wander out to the fastener store to pick up some rivets, probably go on a lunch ride, drink a beer, and try not to touch my face.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
FRIDAY

Need to not hit the beer too much tonight. Going to attempt replacing the front struts on the car and one wheel bearing. Got two new sway bar links as well, just incase the old ones have turned into brown poo.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
what did ya get?
Bikes Direct Canyon Endurace, stepping in for my old Traitor 1x10 commutercross bike. Riding a shit-ton more road, morning park laps and longer rides into the wilds of New Jersey and lower Westchester.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I fucking hate open offices.
We have clients who come in and request open office designs and we TRY to sway them away from them but they insist. We design them based on what they would like, then they come back and want to enclose everything after they are built and used for a few months.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
On cup #2 of coffee. Hope today doesn't go off the rails like yesterday did. Wife came home last night from a week in Ireland and brought me home a bottle of Teeling Whisky, probably have a little taste after the gym tonight. Busy nonstop day will commence in the next hour. Daughters Jr. Prom tomorrow night. Supposed to rain this weekend, so off to the batting cages for some softball BP, all 3 leagues I play in start in 2 weeks......

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You are not alone. I mean, they suck, and they're even sexist AF.
And, as someone who is an environmentally sensitive introvert, I find open offices to be extremely anxiety inducing. Especially whereas they to orient your back to the aisles. I sympathize with those women, I hate being watched, although I'd wager they are worried about being watched for different reasons.

The only people open offices make sense to are the people who sit in closed offices.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got a list of things the boss is looking to get done that nobody else on the team to do in any reasonable amount of time. I've come to a realism that my manager has already identified my levels of laziness...

"Laziness: The quality that makes you go to great effort to reduce overall energy expenditure. It makes you write labor-saving programs that other people will find useful and document what you wrote so you don't have to answer so many questions about it."
- Larry Wall, The Three Virtues

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Here. Heading to Solvang area for training next week on work dime. Hotel room to myself. It will be nice.

FTFY.

That's fair. I don't know that I could solely work from home though. Unlike most internet trolls, I enjoy other peoples' company from time to time.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
That's fair. I don't know that I could solely work from home though. Unlike most internet trolls, I enjoy other peoples' company from time to time.
True. I'm outside 90% of the time so that's just normal for me. I think I'd go crazy stuck in an office all day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Working from home kind of sucked when I did it for a few years. It was easy for people to avoid me when I needed shit from them, I was on the opposite coast so the phone in my house would ring well after my normal business hours and worst of all when I was given what was thought a small job that was actually huge, it was hard to demonstrate such as no one knew I was working 12 hour days.

However lunchtime rides and playing with the doggo all day was nice. It probably would work better if I had worked in person at the place for a while to build better relationships and develop an in person reputation.

I didn't miss socializing with coworkers, just made me more social with the people I chose to be friends with.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've mixed up a cap of bleach in the water before and let it sit and then just flushed it out. Supposedly denture tabs work really well.
I normally use Iodine, but I am in a place where my only chemical resource is booze, and I am not wasting bourbon.