Quantcast

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
How many think that Chad Reed is going to taste dirt at Daytona?
With how he just gave the series away for bubba, i wouldnt be surprised if bubba kicked him off his bike on a big triple to try to end his life.sure he can still win, but not if ryan V just sits and settles for 2nd, while bubba would win the rest.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
yes im aware, but a block pass is 1 thing, macking into bubba is just retarded, if you cant beat him, admit it, dont just ram into him.
it happens during every heat race, every lcq and every main. rubbing is racing.
standing on your opponent's bike isnt

Last edited:

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
You couldn't have picked a much better race to go to. After the last couple of years of some boring racing in both the outdoors and supercross it's great to see actual racing... minus full blown take outs.

I am sure this is not the last of Reed and Stewart getting together.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Rice, werent the bike stuck together? Not that i know any better than anybody else with a TV, i was under the impression bubba was trying to get it off of reeds, while reed was rolling to the pits, his bike was dripping like crazy, wedged into gas tank? or Radiator?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
There's a difference between general contact and taking a person out in a corner on purpose. Stewart's pass was just hard racing, Chad Reed's move was down right dirty.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Great pictures. Reed is a piece of sh*t. But he hardly hurt Stewarts season. There are still a lot of races left. Stewart will just be motivated to really drop the hammer on the competition now.

I had the oppertunity to meet Reed at the parts unlimited booth up at the seattle supercross two seasons ago. I had on a shirt that said "Reed, Makita's newest tool!" He laughed at the shirt, and then signed it. For how good he is with fans... even though Im not a Reed fan... the guy is just a douche.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
What's funny is if you watch Reed's "pass" again, then rewind and watch the Lites, you'll see that same thing occur on every lap of every heat and every main of Lites.

Nothing more desperate than a kid trying to get a contract for the big bucks.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Bubba could have let off the throttle but he didn't; he T-boned Reed with authority.

I think the rivalry is back and Daytona should be interesting.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
At the end of the race, Reed himself even admitted that what he did was stupid. There's a difference between block passing, and just blatantly throwing your bike into someone as they exit a turn. Reed didn't even attempt to make that turn, he threw his bike into the exit of the turn and tried to use Stewarts bike to slow him down.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I dunno. Looked like he was heading straight for the barrier until he got his angle "corrected" by Bubba. At the same time, it also looked like Bubba could have shut it down when he was blocked and instead he tried to just power through.
I dont think bubba did that on purpose, i always thought it was part of how you turn, lock it up, dump the clutch-he may have already been on the gas before he saw him, however, we will never know. I can say that im 100% certain that reed saw bubba, and rammed him on purpose. I missed the interviews-id be curious as to what he said. Dont get me wrong, im all for passing and good racing, but at this point its like a demo derby, can bubba just NFCC reed off his bike over a triple? :weee:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
i concur doctor

stik....thoughts?
Like Chad said, he gave Bubba the option of stopping and going around OR hitting him and going down, he took the going down route.

It's great for the sport.

If I worked for Chad, I'd be calling James an assh0le.
If I worked for James, I'd be calling Chad an assh0le.

I work for neither, so I applaud them both for making an exciting season.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yeh finally some folks seeing the crash for what it was, Reed can make some dick moves but this one he had rode great and wanted to win! He didn't run into Stewart like everyone says, Stick man knows whats up! - watch Bubbas bike he grabs a handful of gas into Reed instead of brake. What Reed was saying is he should not have gambled there on the pass- if he had waited a little later maybe he couldve had a better shot at making the pass stick! Whoever is saying it was on purpose and Reed just wanted to wreck wasnt at the race I was cause Reed wanted to win and had led most of the race. I think it is awesome and it's how I like my moto! HARD! Not some pissy fair sharing the track stuff! Don't get me wrong I raced pro 4x with the best and I know what a T-bone is all about! Stewart could have hit the brake drove hard back to the inside and left Reed through the next woop section and won the race, Instead I think he just showed Reed not to stick it in such a tight spot or he would give it to him, so yes just makes the rest of the season that much more interesting. No way did that race "loose" the championship for Stewart or give it to Villy or anyone else. It was an awesome Race that saw the top 5 get out of the gate at the front of the pack, they all kept about the same few second time gap the whole race and you saw what occurred when a mistake happened in the front everybody was in on it. AWESOME!

Last edited:

suffocating

Chimp
Jun 2, 2010
In the post race interview with Reed he said James hit him hard when James passed him on the inside when he was sandwiched between Stewart and Kyle Regal. It didn't seem like there was hardly any contact or any at all. Almost like Chad knew the pass he tried to make was too aggresive and was trying to justify it. Either way it was an amazing race, can't wait for Daytona.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yep the pass Stewart made on Reed using a lapped teamate for the sandwich was a less classy pass to me but, Reed did what you do when someone has position on you, he gave in to Stewart and lived to try and get the pass back, if he had said "screw this I ain't letting him by me like this, then the wreck would have occured then. It's all racing boys! If any of it were "illegal" then it wouldn't go down, so they are just going for any opportunity they see to take the win with high stakes! That is racing!

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
just watched that Atlanta SX race and I swear watching that race was nearly like a workout, my heartrate was through the roof for most of it! jaysus what a race, supercross is the best racing in the world...and that race proved it. I am speechless after it, chad and james with their, racing incident, block pass, or whatever you want to call it, in my opinion it was all down to two of the fastest guys in the world trying to win! :thumb: can't wait for Daytona...

oh yeah thanks for the awesome photos as well.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
oh yeah thanks for the awesome photos as well.
Thanks, I was about 50 yards back from the track in the lower bowl. We had great sets!!!! I was really surprises that some of them came out as well as they did with a 70mm/300mm lens. Wished I had a Media Pass, I could have taken some sick pics if I could have been track side.

Cecil

CRF311

Chimp
Jul 9, 2008
Jersey
Yeh finally some folks seeing the crash for what it was, Reed can make some dick moves but this one he had rode great and wanted to win! He didn't run into Stewart like everyone says, Stick man knows whats up! - watch Bubbas bike he grabs a handful of gas into Reed instead of brake. What Reed was saying is he should not have gambled there on the pass- if he had waited a little later maybe he couldve had a better shot at making the pass stick! Whoever is saying it was on purpose and Reed just wanted to wreck wasnt at the race I was cause Reed wanted to win and had led most of the race. I think it is awesome and it's how I like my moto! HARD! Not some pissy fair sharing the track stuff! Don't get me wrong I raced pro 4x with the best and I know what a T-bone is all about! Stewart could have hit the brake drove hard back to the inside and left Reed through the next woop section and won the race, Instead I think he just showed Reed not to stick it in such a tight spot or he would give it to him, so yes just makes the rest of the season that much more interesting. No way did that race "loose" the championship for Stewart or give it to Villy or anyone else. It was an awesome Race that saw the top 5 get out of the gate at the front of the pack, they all kept about the same few second time gap the whole race and you saw what occurred when a mistake happened in the front everybody was in on it. AWESOME!
Could have not said it better myself. If anyone thinks that Reed "rammed" into Stewart obviously doesn't race or ride motocross. In that kind of turn #7 saw 22 coming for days... no doubt. Just typical JS7 drama... just ask Preston, RC, IT, JT$, Kyle Partridge, etc.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Like Chad said, he gave Bubba the option of stopping and going around OR hitting him and going down, he took the going down route.

It's great for the sport.

If I worked for Chad, I'd be calling James an assh0le.
If I worked for James, I'd be calling Chad an assh0le.

I work for neither, so I applaud them both for making an exciting season.
:thumb:

Agree. It's the best season in a long time. 4 winners.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
If bubba were to just lock them up, would chad reed have just went into the stands? I mean, it looks like he was really puttin his money on hitting bubba.