Quantcast

Ferguson failfest

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Been watching the CNN live feed...unreal. There are so many fires that firefighters can't reach them all.

I wonder though, out of a town with only a 20k plus population, how many rioters are actually from there ? Burning down your house because you are mad at your neighbor is nuts.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Been watching the CNN live feed...unreal. There are so many fires that firefighters can't reach them all.

I wonder though, out of a town with only a 20k plus population, how many rioters are actually from there ? Burning down your house because you are mad at your neighbor is nuts.
Read this first thing this morning and it made me :rofl:

Black people setting things on fire over injustice = bad. White people setting things on fire over sports teams = hijinks!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh the Irony of it all.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/michael-brown-sr-s-church-burned-ferguson-n255961

Michael Brown Sr.'s Church Burned in Ferguson

The Missouri church where Michael Brown's father was baptized over the weekend was torched Monday night — but the pastor does not think the arson was part of the fiery violence that erupted elsewhere in the community.

The Rev. Carlton Lee told NBC News that he believes Flood Christian Church was targeted because he has repeatedly called for the arrest of Officer Darren Wilson, who fatally shot the unarmed teen but was not indicted by a grand jury.

"I'm very vocal in regards to the Michael Brown case," said Lee, who has participated in rallies and press conferences with Michael Brown Sr.

The church went up in flames around the same time about a dozen other buildings were set ablaze in Ferguson by protesters angered by the grand jury's decision, but it's on a remote section of West Florissant Avenue where other structures were unscathed.

"The police called me and told me the church was on fire," Lee said. "I was in complete disbelief. I didn't think anyone would set a church on fire.

"I feel like one of my children has died. I put my blood, my sweat, my tears into this church, getting this church built from the ground up. To see that it was taken down in a few minutes is really heartbreaking."

He said he told Michael Brown Sr. about the extensive damage on Tuesday afternoon. "He was just devastated again," he said.

The pastor said he doubted the same people who were raging on the other end of West Florissant had burned his church. Instead, he said, he suspected white supremacists who wanted to punish him for his support of the Brown family, who had just been baptized there.

"Sunday, we do the baptism, Monday, the church is one fire. It just doesn't add up," he said.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Oh the Irony of it all.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/michael-brown-sr-s-church-burned-ferguson-n255961

Michael Brown Sr.'s Church Burned in Ferguson

The Missouri church where Michael Brown's father was baptized over the weekend was torched Monday night — but the pastor does not think the arson was part of the fiery violence that erupted elsewhere in the community.

The Rev. Carlton Lee told NBC News that he believes Flood Christian Church was targeted because he has repeatedly called for the arrest of Officer Darren Wilson, who fatally shot the unarmed teen but was not indicted by a grand jury.

"I'm very vocal in regards to the Michael Brown case," said Lee, who has participated in rallies and press conferences with Michael Brown Sr.

The church went up in flames around the same time about a dozen other buildings were set ablaze in Ferguson by protesters angered by the grand jury's decision, but it's on a remote section of West Florissant Avenue where other structures were unscathed.

"The police called me and told me the church was on fire," Lee said. "I was in complete disbelief. I didn't think anyone would set a church on fire.

"I feel like one of my children has died. I put my blood, my sweat, my tears into this church, getting this church built from the ground up. To see that it was taken down in a few minutes is really heartbreaking."

He said he told Michael Brown Sr. about the extensive damage on Tuesday afternoon. "He was just devastated again," he said.

The pastor said he doubted the same people who were raging on the other end of West Florissant had burned his church. Instead, he said, he suspected white supremacists who wanted to punish him for his support of the Brown family, who had just been baptized there.

"Sunday, we do the baptism, Monday, the church is one fire. It just doesn't add up," he said.
wellll......

one less house of homophobia....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
burn ferguson burn i smell a riot goin' on...
thx chuck d

oh, and i guarantee that on days like today the members of NWA congratulate each other for putting their chit on itunes

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Are Republicans really this out of touch and inappropriate or are they just fucking evil ?

King to Obama: Invite Wilson to White House

Washington (CNN)
-- Rep. Peter King, R-New York, said Tuesday that President Barack Obama should invite Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson to meet with him at the White House.

"I think it would be very helpful if President Obama went and met with the police officer, or at least invited him to the White House," King said on Fox Business Network.

on Obama's speech last night, King said he thought the President's remarks were "lackluster."

"I wish he said one good word about the police -- one good word about Officer Wilson who had gone through all this," King said, noting that the controversy affected both the defense and the prosecution.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
While I concede that both parties in this situation are acting in a completely unacceptable manner fitting a civilized society, it seems the police and government officials have unnecessarily thrown fuel on the fire. The increased presence of militarized police clad in combat gear and the declaration of a state of emergency prior to the announcement by the prosecuting attorney set the tone for an unavoidable, escalated conflict.

It was the Prosecutors sole decision when to make the announcement of the verdict. And for the life of me I just can’t accept that a man intelligent enough to become a lawyer lacks the foresight to realize the extreme danger that would come from an announcement after dark. He also babbled on for twenty minutes before getting to the jury’s decision in which he blamed the media and generally appeared to be on the officer’s side.

And it was certainly not a good idea to have officer Wilson be interviewed the day after. Way too soon. Then he says on national tv that he has a clear conscience. Basically he said he had the legal right to kill this kid and that he was sorry for the loss of life, but he was just doing his job.

Also, Wilson was lead or coached for that interview. Even Stephanopoulos was obviously telling him what to say.

Maybe I’m going all RenegadeRick with the conspiracy theory, but I wonder if these actions were calculated manipulation.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Good time to park your insured car in Ferguson that you're looking to upgrade?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Interesting read:

Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally.

and the follow up

Michael Brown spent his last day with his friend Dorian Johnson. Here's what Johnson saw.

tl;dr Cop's story has holes in it and Brown's buddy's version sounds more believable.

Wilson's story reads like an excuse from a 5 year old on why the cookie jar is empty. Even if 100% true, it boggles my mind why he didn't simply drive away when his door was blocked or when being punched. He could have pulled away, made a clean exit and engaged the suspect under his terms.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Wilson's story reads like an excuse from a 5 year old on why the cookie jar is empty. Even if 100% true, it boggles my mind why he didn't simply drive away when his door was blocked or when being punched. He could have pulled away, made a clean exit and engaged the suspect under his terms.
Uuhhh, because white supremacists don't back down from black kids. That is of course if Anonymous is right in their assertions that Wilson has KKK connections.