Quantcast

eurobike 2012

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

I'm guessing the 55 is covering the 66 niche, given that they have a 170 mm version now?

Anyway, definitely think it's a good thing to slim down their model offerings, as I can't even keep straight what variants Fox and RS have thesedays.

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
^^

I'm guessing the 55 is covering the 66 niche, given that they have a 170 mm version now?

Anyway, definitely think it's a good thing to slim down their model offerings, as I can't even keep straight what variants Fox and RS have thesedays.
Agreed! Fox, Zoke and RS have 100 variations of every product. Zoke is the worst. They have like 5 different models for the 10 base lines they have to begin with! Hard to keep up with it!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Agreed! Fox, Zoke and RS have 100 variations of every product. Zoke is the worst. They have like 5 different models for the 10 base lines they have to begin with! Hard to keep up with it!
the 2012 marz lineup is actually the smallest of the big three. 2012 had 7 lines with 31 total aftermarket forks. for 2013 it looks like they have 6 lines w/ 13 models.
RS has 11 model lines and 46 models total in just forks alone. fox has 4 lines w/ 35 models

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
youre right, i meant Suntour for their mfging.

their range from that time period was mainly dominated by their long travel options, 888, Z1/66 and the AM. the rest of their range didnt have nearly the presence that those did and were in all honestly, garbage (DJ, XC, marathon, MX.)

regardless if those 40 models were OEM, they still had 40 variants of their 6 main product lines (corsa, DJ, 44, 55, 66 and 888)

btw, their new products are up on their site already w/ no 66 in the lineup. also interesting to see the 888 Ti doesnt have the "gold race" coating
I'm really curious about the 2013 changes to the 888 rc3s is it really something noticeable.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I really like the looks but weren't they quite long in the back for a rearward bike? On the other hand there is a ton of them is Austria

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
That Ghost looks absolutely killer. Would like to see the deets on the leverage and antisquat (if any), but as it stands that is one hot bike.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Very savvy business move by X-Fusion. There's definitely more inherent design risk associated with the single crown inverted fork, but cross platform compatibility across wheel sizes (since every manufacturer is trying to grab a market share) and greatly reduced NRE costs by ditching a magnesium casting are very very attractive propositions.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
^^

Not to mention the marketing appeal alone.

X-Fusion is one of the few companies out there I can honestly say has my full respect and interest. They just seem to be doing it right over and over...

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm also curious as to what X Fusion is up to with the inverted fork. I've been impressed with the Vector HLR that I've ridden, and really like the idea that the lower cost damper still has the same valving, but loses the high speed adjuster for cost savings. All around, they seem to be doing a good job.