Quantcast

eurobike 2012

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
figured maybe one thread for all the new stuff, pre-interbike.

my contribution : prototype inverted trail fork from x-fusion.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
awesome. any deets? travel, weight, stanchions size? less flexy than a shiver? this is about as exciting as that Thomson dropper post.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
awesome. any deets? travel, weight, stanchions size? less flexy than a shiver? this is about as exciting as that Thomson dropper post.
no deets given - pb is supposed to have info up at some point...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
And yet everybody wants one. I would throw that thing on today if given a chance.
Nope. Back in the day when the Shiver SC was discontinued nobody wanted them. You could buy a brand new one for $250 from online stores (I bought one only because it was cheap).

Those only had 120mm travel too and they were a noodle. An extra 40mm isn't going to help things even with larger stanctions...

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
inverted makes sense in a market where there are 26", 650b and 29" wheels.

Plus they look amazing which is all that really matters

Edit: I imagine that these would do pretty well with the jump/street crowd too, slam the travel to around 80/100mm for a super low front end and loads of overlap should keep it pretty stiff

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
inverted makes sense in a market where there are 26", 650b and 29" wheels.
They already have that covered (and AM fat bikes are so niche, who cares):

For 2013, X-Fusion have four new fork features that, when paired with their relatively affordable prices, make for a compelling offer. Namely, a 34mm chassis for 26in, 650b and 29in wheels; a friction reducing stanchion coating called Gold Slick Ano; a one-piece forged aluminum crown assembly called Uni-Crown; and a new mid-stroke damping technology called Mid-Valve.
The Maverick inverted single crown fork was an even bigger joke than Marzocchi's.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
my two sense on the Inverted deal
I have a 2012 Dorado. I love them thing! It is amazing! But ya it still is flexy. If I come into a turn hard or start bouncy around in sharp stuff I can feel it move. I felt it big time at Whiteface for the GRT. Came out of the steep section hot, took a turn and felt the thing move. I ate hard! That wasn't the forks faultThey. But I am getting off topic now

Inverted is great. I think the feel more reactive. They feel amazing. Also with the Dorado and the Stantion gaurds it is near impossible to scratch the stantions. You would have have the bike sliding backward tumbling. And if you are in that situation where your bike is flailing around that much as you crash you will have more problems then a knick on the stantion

Bottom Line. They are reactive, Preventive against damage, Strong and good looking! Also, my dorado is set and forget which is great!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Bottom Line. They are reactive, Preventive against damage, Strong and good looking! Also, my dorado is set and forget which is great!
Its also a dual crown fork, that's a big difference...

Manitou gave up on inverted single crown forks too. Looks aren't a great primary justification for making a functional suspension fork.

Last edited:

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
It looks to have stanchions and uppers that have a hexagonal profile once they clear the seals. Id say it will be plenty stiff.
That seems likely to be the case. This will be interesting to keep an eye on - if they do indeed have splined profiles or something on the tubes, it could be either a really good solution for stiffness, or a total disaster in terms of binding up under flex, or anywhere in between. Would be a PITA to make well toleranced upper bushings for too, unless they're machined, but I'm actually really curious to see how they go with these.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
2013 Marzocchi 888 spotted on Vital

First of all, Marzocchi's 2013 line will be manufactured by Hodaka, who previously manufactured their rear shocks. Hodaka is a short term solution for Marzocchi, though, as they plan to create their own manufacturing plant and assembly line a few years down the road. Model year 2013 brings a lot of changes to Marzocchi's lineup, and they've reduced their range from 40 models to just 13. The new goal is to specialize in premium products rather than making a fork for every application.

Aside from the change in manufacturers, the 888 RC3 EVO V2 (left) gets a minor upgrade internally for 2013. Based on rider feedback from their World Cup racers, they adjusted the shim stack to help keep the fork higher in its travel over high speed chatter. Be on the lookout for a completely new downhill fork and rear shock from Marzocchi in the future...

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
All in all the decisions of the marzocchi/tenneco management have been questionable. They just lost their presence everywhere and they are now further reducing it.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
All in all the decisions of the marzocchi/tenneco management have been questionable. They just lost their presence everywhere and they are now further reducing it.
couldnt disagree more. since their debacle in 2008, they have been putting out great products (and now smartly reducing 40 models to 13,) have had an actual presence in the WC scene and their products are oem'd more then in the past.
its not their fault Teneco canceled their agreement after finally producing great products.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
hope pedal finally finalized: RRP £120.00

"The F20 flat pedals are finally ready for production. They'll be in shops by early October."

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
The new Zoke stuff is cool! I still am not a huge Zoke fan, but I really like the idea with the Colored Stantions and so on.
I know they have the idea a yeark ago of bringing back the Shiver. Maybe that is the new fork they are bringing back? The new rear shock will also be really cool to see!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
10mm pedal by wellgo:

THis is armchair engineering, but I would be cautious putting those on a DH bike. I had a chance to check them out and they look like you would destroy them on the first solid rock strike.
They feel pretty good, but on a pure DH bike, I'd like a little more beef.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
couldnt disagree more. since their debacle in 2008, they have been putting out great products (and now smartly reducing 40 models to 13,) have had an actual presence in the WC scene and their products are oem'd more then in the past.
its not their fault Teneco canceled their agreement after finally producing great products.
I think you have a very short memory. Go back to 2003-2007 and see how many products from marzo were bought.

Also the 40 models were mostly for OEM. There were too many but a large majority of them were just that.

btw. Teneco cancelled their agreement? Last time I checked it was SR Suntour.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
I didn't say anything about product quality. I know first hand that it's great. If you look up the 2013 giant or commencal models at eurobike you will notice that they lost the little oem-deals they had probably because they move production. PLus they lost many pro riders and a few emplayees in the us. MS Mondraker is the only brigth spot.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I think you have a very short memory. Go back to 2003-2007 and see how many products from marzo were bought.

Also the 40 models were mostly for OEM. There were too many but a large majority of them were just that.

btw. Teneco cancelled their agreement? Last time I checked it was SR Suntour.
youre right, i meant Suntour for their mfging.

their range from that time period was mainly dominated by their long travel options, 888, Z1/66 and the AM. the rest of their range didnt have nearly the presence that those did and were in all honestly, garbage (DJ, XC, marathon, MX.)

regardless if those 40 models were OEM, they still had 40 variants of their 6 main product lines (corsa, DJ, 44, 55, 66 and 888)

btw, their new products are up on their site already w/ no 66 in the lineup. also interesting to see the 888 Ti doesnt have the "gold race" coating