Quantcast

End of the week day

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This. And really it’s only like North Slope Trail, Pink Beds, and Cat Gap trail that I can think of that are seasonal in Brevard..Coontree maybe seasonal but can’t remember for sure.
One of my favorite rides is to park at Daniel Ridge lot, up to Gloucester gap then Butter and Cat Gap, dump out behind the Fish Hatchery and take Davidson River trail to Cove Creek and climb up to the connector, then bomb down Daniel Ridge creek side back to the car. Also can neither confirm or deny the use of an illegal trail for time travel purposes.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Got laid off today! So now both me and the wife is laid off within a month. Not going to say I am surprised. Tons of savings has been going on, new CEO, tons of organizational changes and moving global work to regions. Salary until end of August so I am going to do a lot of bike riding!
Shit man! Sorry to hear. I assume that at least your A-Kasse is pretty good?
Those 29ers sure bring bad luck! :disgust1:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Advice is always good and appreciated.
Can be a super stressful time, but do what you can to enjoy it.

I took a voluntary lay off back in 2010, when I landed a new job I said I couldn't start for a few months. It was awesome.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Bit early to be hitting the Mezcal ain't it?
We’ll you can’t drink all day if you don’t start first thing in the morning.

Advice is always good and appreciated.
I have plenty of advice, but not sure any of it is “good” or would be “appreciated.” As evidence of this, I submit that my first inclination on reading your post was to say “Congratulations!”

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Dawn patrol on the pass this morning was a success. Roughly boot top deep light powder over a supportive yet non-punchy base. Made some “rad” squiggly dad bod turns through the trees and then back down the hill for work.

Ski up…

F69FF30D-40B6-4EC8-851C-0155B91488C2.jpeg

The face of a guy about to ski the best snow he’s had all season…

E4274249-A54B-4839-B08A-943482AA633C.jpeg

The view…

3AD8370D-DA26-4186-83F2-ABC987A38CE3.jpeg

About to dorp…

1726C015-6357-444E-9421-17A06B1B5562.jpeg

Sadly no pics of actual skiing, we were too busy giggling and wiggling our way down the hill. Quick skin back up to the truck and put a bow on it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I need to decide which bike I'm bringing to Washington DC for a couple months. I think the rigid hardtail, but maybe putting gears back on it for better bike-path use as needed. Plus the shorter local rides are all very steep up/downhill constantly in the terrain there, so gears actually help deal with that. (Oddly, I love singlespeed most in places where I have significant climbs followed by huge descents...)

But I just love it singlespeed, so much. Guess I can just refrain from shifting tho.

Then again, the 29" full suspension will pack up even smaller (if not lighter) and is also highly versatile.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Can be a super stressful time, but do what you can to enjoy it.

I took a voluntary lay off back in 2010, when I landed a new job I said I couldn't start for a few months. It was awesome.
That would be a dream scenario. Last time I got double pay a couple of months but this time I would much rather have the free time and do some cool shit.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
That would be a dream scenario. Last time I got double pay a couple of months but this time I would much rather have the free time and do some cool shit.
Yes! Try to line up a new gig with a late start date and enjoy summer.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
allegedly, my stupid shit from china finally shipped.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand I just realized the cranks I was going to move over are 19mm spindle rather than 24mm. No wonder they were included in the frameset....hmmmm

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Lots of bullshit in my days but I’m at the ski hill with my youngest. Her lesson starts soon and I’ll have 2 whole hours to myself!!!!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Argument around car is starting to go more to my favor. Wifey has her "renovations" list for the house and the premium we'd be paying for the car, can fulfill most of those requests. Paint office cabinets white? Done. Closet organizers? Done. Hot tub? Done. And probably leftover to paint the whole interior of the house if she really wants to - all from the damn down payment fund I've been saving for the car. Best part? All are home improvements, so I can add them to house basis when we eventually sell it in the future vs. a depreciating asset of a car.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Argument around car is starting to go more to my favor. Wifey has her "renovations" list for the house and the premium we'd be paying for the car, can fulfill most of those requests. Paint office cabinets white? Done. Closet organizers? Done. Hot tub? Done. And probably leftover to paint the whole interior of the house if she really wants to - all from the damn down payment fund I've been saving for the car. Best part? All are home improvements, so I can add them to house basis when we eventually sell it in the future vs. a depreciating asset of a car.
:popcorn:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
A732141A-0673-49DC-8E78-881CF0AF59B2.jpeg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You gotta take the wins. I "eat" $20k on what's inevitably going to get done, but buy another few years on the fucking car until leases start to expire. This is the stuff she sees and interacts with for extended periods daily. Gotta know where you can take wins.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you can do all of that for $20k? what are you planning, a hot tub for ants?
- $12-15k for the Hot Tub (but I'd likely buy used and have serviced, maybe a new heating unit).
- Ikea Pax for the closets (I've already done it before) - $2500
- Cabinets.com for the laundry room - $2500
- $5-7k painting

And the theoretical now being the pergola. She's pulled back on that one since it will take away from her future backyard remodel.

All said, $20-25k. Or... I throw that away the moment I drive off the lot.