Quantcast

DH and AM Wheelsets

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Ok, I need a list of all the low cost DH and AM Wheelset companies out there? Please understand, I am not looking to buy a new set of wheels. This is a Project I am doing. I only need the Names of Companies that build a good strong low cost wheelset for DH/AM.

Azonic (Great Wheels for the $$)
Transition
Etc?

Thought I remembered a company in CA that made a lot of DH/AM stuff and they also made Wheels. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Cecil

Last edited:

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
its hard to beat the reliability to price ratio the the azonics have. I believe the transition wheels are the same as the azonics (or atleast were at one time someone else correct me if im wrong)

Other then that look for sales, i've notices every once in awhile CRC has hopes built onto various rims for super cheap, like $50 more for the set then MRSP azonics

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Depends on what your looking for and price range, I9s to 823s (straight or alu) is hard to beat, but also lists at 1200 bucks, outlaws can be had new for 200. I would look in the classafieds and go-ride for a 823 wheelset, assuming you dont need/want awesome hubs, just pay attention to the rims as your primary target.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Gentlemen, I am very aware of the the quality and pricing of the Azonics. Would say I know more than most as I have been running and racing for them for years. This is a project I am working on and only need the names of the different companies that have a wheelset much like the Azonics (deribility, price, and weight or lower). Not looking for your high-end brands.

Thanks,
Cecil

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I have always like Atomlab wheels. Good price point and strong!
I would add that to the list as well, they are significantly better (with fully rebuild able hubs) and also better rims, i think msrp is around 350-450 so the price point isnt that far off (outlaws list at 350?)

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Their web site says 2380 grams a set. Those are over the Azonics weight by, but not by much.

Thanks, will put them on my list.

Cecil
Doubt you will get lighter much lighter than that in the price range you are looking at. Not sure what the cap is on price but, the Sunringle ADD and ADD lites are pretty good wheels and you don't have to sell the car to afford them.
The Bontragers are quality for the money no doubt.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Azonic Outlaws on my FR/DH bike
Easton Havocs on my AM bike

I've been running both of them the past two years and have been very happy with both sets. Only needed to true the rear Outlaw a couple times and replace a broken spoke on the rear Havoc.

DhDork

Monkey
Mar 30, 2007
Hell, AZ
Forte locos I have a set for the 77 and yeah they are basically a rebranded outlaw....I believe a alex supadh rim.....
Yes sir, I do believe you are correct. From what I have heard though, they have changed the hubs on the Loco's to something different than the outlaws.